1. Paid research assistant - prototyping micropumps on flexible polymer substrates; photo mask design for multi-layer photolithography; using Comsol Multiphysics for microfluidic simulation.
2. Paid teaching assistant - doing tutorial for the course of Automatic Control; being a lab assistant to help students use Solid Edge for their labwork and project design.
3. Paid technical assistant and interpreter
1. X. Guo, K. Xie, R.J. Campbell, and Y. Lai, 3D stepped electrodes on a flexible substrate with permanently bonded poly(dimethylsiloxane) channels for moving microfluid. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B: Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, 2013. 31(2): p. 022002-6.
2. X. Guo, K. Xie, R.J. Campbell, and Y. Lai, A study on three-dimensional electrode arrays fabricated by PolyMUMPs for AC electro-osmotic pumping. Microelectronic Engineering, 2011. 88(10): p. 3113-3118.
3. X. Guo, Y. Lai, K. Xie, and R. J.Campbell, Discrete 3D T-Shaped Electrode Arrays for Moving Liquid by AC Electro-Osmosis. Advanced Materials Research, 2011. 254: p. 78-81.
4. K. Xie, Y. Lai, X. Guo, and R. Campbell, A three-phased circular electrode array for electro-osmotic microfluidic pumping. Microsystem Technologies, 2011. 17(3): p. 367-372.
5. K. Xie, Y. Lai, X. Guo, and R. Campbell, A three phase serpentine micro electrode array for AC electroosmotic flow pumping. Microsystem Technologies, 2010. 16(10): p. 1825-1830.