View Mailing Online
- Silicon Carbide Nanomechanical Switches Built to Last - IEEE ...
- NEMS switches can operate at extremely high temperatures, endure millions of cycles, and could lead to low-power logic.
Lily Hay Newman yesterday - MEMS technology
- Epson's Next-Generation PrecisionCore Technology
- MEMS are tiny mechanical devices typically built into silicon by applying semiconductor microfabrication technology. The piezo actuators flex when a voltage is applied to them, creating the force needed to eject droplets of ink. The actuators can be ...
today What They Think - MEMS technology
- Decisions, decisions: How microbes choose lifestyles gives clue to origin of ...
- Using a technique called microfluidics, the researchers constructed thousands of tiny habitats where individual bacteria and their descendants could be watched for very long periods of time. The channels in the habitat were 1.6 micrometers wide, about ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Lithography System offers soft template replication.
- The EVG720 UV-NIL system utilizes a next-generation UV-NIL process designed specifically to address the needs of high-volume manufacturing (HVM). It provides an unmatched combination of high throughput, ease of use and high resolution enabling volume manufacturing of nanoscale structures at the lowest CoO.
yesterday ThomasNet News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Is This The End Of Moore's Law?
- ... Director of Process Architecture and Integration, Intel; Professor Sanjay Banerjee, Director of the Microelectronics Research Center, University of Texas-Austin; Robert Colwell, Director, Microsystems Technology Office, Defense Advanced Research ...
yesterday Manufacturing.net (blog) - MEMS technology
- Flexible thermoelectric generator from bulk silicon
- "With our approach, we can build devices using well-established silicon technology to avoid compromising performance and then transfer them using simple micro-fabrication processes which enables batch processing of peeled off flexible silicon of ...
yesterday Nanowerk - MEMS technology
- ST redesigns MEMS accelerometers
- STMicroelectronics NV has introduced a redesigned accelerometer with improved mechanical and thermal stability. The LIS2HH12 3-axis accelerometer is less sensitive to thermal and mechanical stress from bending of the board/package largely because of ...
today EDN.com - MEMS technology
- A Cybernetic Implant That Repairs Brain Damage
- It's an implantable prosthesis called a brain-machine-brain interface that serves as a closed-loop microelectronic system. The device works by recording signals from one part of the brain, processing them in real time, and then linking the injury by ...
yesterday io9 - MEMS technology
- Ziptronix Teams With Tezzaron and Novati Technologies to Accelerate ...
- Novati's proven advanced technology and secure IP infrastructure, combined with its recognized Technology Development Process, supports companies developing MEMS, microfluidics, novel transistors, photovoltaics and other nanotechnologies for the ...
2013-12-09 Marketwired (press release) - MEMS business
- MEMS moves into the mainstream
- The 0.8µm surface micromachining process, which runs on 200mm wafers, combines variably thick and thin polysilicon layers for structures and interconnections. This is said to enable the integration of linear and angular mechanical elements on one die, ...
yesterday New Electronics - MEMS business
- Potomac Photonics Adds Hot Embossing to Digital Fabrication Services
- Potomac Photonics, Inc. has added hot-embossing technology to expand its digital fabrication contract service capabilities. The company combines this replication technique with laser micromachined masters to make high-precision, high-quality parts quickly.
today Novus Light Technologies Today - MEMS business
- Engineering Researchers Report On Nanoscale Energy-Efficient Switching ...
- Dec. 9, 2013 — By relentlessly miniaturizing a pre-World War II computer technology, and combining this with a new and durable material, researchers at Case Western Reserve University have built nanoscale switches and logic gates that operate more ...
2013-12-09 Science Daily (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Carbon nanotubes find real world applications
- "Microelectronics is one area where carbon nanotubes have been studied for some time and where work is being done towards using carbon nanotubes for flexible electronics," Dr De Volder says. "Companies like IBM are looking to make the smallest ...
yesterday New Electronics - Nanotechnology
- Silicon Carbide Nanomechanical Switches Built to Last
- A number of research teams are working on substituting the transistor switches that form an IC's logic and memory circuits with nanoscale electromechanical switches, or NEMS. One obstacle to real-world implementation has been that these devices wear ...
yesterday IEEE Spectrum - Nanotechnology
- Startup displays power of nanotechnology
- The founders — Matin Esfahani, Hooman Safaee and Shafi Siddiqi — graduated from UW's nanotechnology engineering program about six months ago. The product is made of two thin sheets of clear plastic. In between the sheets is the nanotechnology the ...
today Guelph Mercury - Nanotech business
- Looking to the Future: Advances in Nanotechnology, an Interview with Travis ...
- Kris Walker talks to Travis Earles from Lockheed Martin discussing future innovations within nanotechnology as well as the advanced research being undertaken at Lockheed Martin. KW: Lockheed Martin is conducting a lot of research into Nanotechnology, ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotech business
Attend SPIE MOEMS-MEMS 2014, part of SPIE Photonics West, on the latest optical MEMS, biomedical MEMS and sensors, microfluidics, MEMS, MOEMS, micro-optics, adaptive optics research. This conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Learn more at: http://spie.org
- 2013 3D ASIP
- 2013-12-11 - 2013-12-13
3D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging
- The 27th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2014-01-26 - 2014-01-30
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26