View Mailing Online
- Micro-windmills could someday power your phone
- Above is a micro-windmill that University of Texas Arlington researchers suggest could someday be used to charge mobile electronics if they were embedded en masse on the device's case. The MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) are fabricated using ...
2014-01-30 Boing Boing - MEMS technology
- Improve Inspection with Opto-Digital Microscopy
- Observation and measurement of semiconductors including microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), lead frames, CCDs, wire bondings, LCDs, and LCD patterns. Observation and measurement and QA/QC of materials used to develop and manufacture ...
yesterday Quality Magazine - MEMS technology
- Fabrication of high-density moiré gratings
- This process has already been used in several microelectronic engineering, optical engineering, and bioengineering applications. Our technique can be used to produce gratings with large areas and high frequencies on different specimens, and at fast ...
today SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- Sourcing Quartz Timing Devices: Myth vs. Reality
- A micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) timing device is built onto a tiny silicon die, using manufacturing technology closely aligned with conventional integrated circuits (ICs). MEMS-based devices offer several critical advantages compared to quartz ...
2014-01-30 EBN - MEMS technology
- Invisibility cloak for hearing aids and implants
- Microsystems are at the heart of portable hearing aids and implants. Now researchers are developing a miniature, low-power wireless microsystem to make these medical aids smaller, more comfortable and more efficient. Fraunhofer researchers pack a total ...
today HealthCanal.com - MEMS technology
- First surfactant-free semiconducting carbon nanotube inks
- Brewer Science today launched inks with the potential to change the way carbon nanotube (CNT) users manufacture microelectronic devices. The company introduced the first aqueous, surfactant-free, ready-to-use semiconducting CNT inks for ...
today ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS technology
- MEPTEC to Hold 12th Annual MEMS Technology Symposium
- Dr. Petersen established a micromachining research group at IBM from 1975 to 1982, during which he wrote the review paper "Silicon as a Mechanical Material," published in the IEEE Proceedings (May 1982). This paper is still the most frequently ...
2014-01-31 PCBDesign007 - MEMS business
- Fluidigm Continues Move into Proteomics with $207.5M Acquisition of DVS ...
- Worthington noted that while in the short term Fluidigm plans to sell and support the CyTOF as a system separate from its existing offerings, longer term "there is ample opportunity to use our microfluidics on the front end of [the CyTOF]." He cited ...
2014-01-30 GenomeWeb - MEMS business
- SEMI ISS: Scaling innovation
- However, as discussed in context of very high volume applications such as the Internet of Things and the recent TSensors Summit, such explosive growth will only occur at a sufficiently low price point for these semiconductors and micro ...
today ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS business
- Which Apple Suppliers are the Most Vulnerable?
- InvenSense, Inc. (INVN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials):Designs, develops, markets, and sells micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) gyroscopes for motion tracking devices in consumer electronics. Market cap at $1.64B, most recent closing price at ...
today Kapitall Blog (blog) - MEMS business
- JDSU acquires Time-Bandwidth Products and Trendium
- Its acquisition strengthens JDSU's position as a leading provider of lasers for micromachining applications. According to independent market research firm Strategies Unlimited, the market for micromachining is expected to grow to $752 million in 2015 ...
2014-01-31 Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS business
- SOI Future or Flop?
- In the nineties we saw wafer bonding become the most prevalent technique for SOI fabrication, although implanted oxygen was also in use. It wasn't until the late nineties that IBM ushered in the modern era of SOI usage for high performance CMOS. SOI ...
yesterday Design and Reuse (press release) (blog) - MEMS business
- How To Launch A Biotech Start-Up
- As Ben Miles, who created Flow Microfluidics (a company that fabricates microfluidic chips to a customer's design) while still a doctoral student, says, “There is no point working on a technology if there is no market.” The route to market validation ...
yesterday Life Science Leader Magazine - MEMS business
- Presto Engineering and DelfMEMS Collaborate to Design Ultra Fast RF MEMS ...
- ... for mobile applications, announced today that they have worked together to design, from specification to integration, the first full PXI-based test system for ultra-fast characterization testing of radio frequency (RF) micro-electro-mechanical ...
2014-01-30 SYS-CON Media (press release) - MEMS business
- Boron enters flatland: Borophene sheets on the way
- Laboratory experiments and supercomputer simulations have suggested to chemists that a cluster of 36 boron atoms can form a flat disc with a hexagonal hole in the middle. The shape fits theoretical predictions for a potential new nanomaterial dubbed ...
2014-01-31 spectroscopyNOW.com - Nanotechnology
- Researchers build nanoscale single-ion heat engine
- As the physicists explain in an article recently published in the journal Physical Review Letters ("Nanoscale Heat Engine Beyond the Carnot Limit"), the efficiency of heat engines powered by thermal heat reservoirs is determined by the second law of ...
yesterday Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- An electrical switch for magnetism
- Yoshihiro Iwasa, Sunao Shimizu and colleagues from the Emergent Device Research Team at the RIKEN Center for Emergent Matter Science have now shown that this nanoscale magnetism in thin films of platinum can be controlled using an externally ...
2014-01-30 R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
This conference will bring together experts to discuss the medicine of the future and the key enablers of new medical products. The integration of MEMS sensors will be accelerated by recently-developed infrastructure, such as wireless connectivity, multi-functional systems on a chip, data analytics, and creative packaging.
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA
- Collaboration & Intellectual Property (IP) Management
Online 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe @ Building B, 3165 Kifer Road, Santa Clara, CA 95051
7:45 PM to 8:45 PM. FBAR and FMOS Technology from a MEMS Perspective
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25