View Mailing Online
- Opportunities and Implications for Indoor Energy Harvesting
- Production of microelectromechanical devices for EH ability and Internet of Things (IoT) with EH are expected to be key trends in the building technologies industry. • The forecast for building level controllers shipment for North America and Europe ...
yesterday EIN News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Apple dives into deeper colors, patents quantum dot enhanced Retina displays
- The most interesting of these new documents describes using quantum dots in tandem with Apple's microelectromechanical systems shutter control. As noted in the patent, Quantum Dots may provide a way for enhancing the color gamut of displays.
today TechRadar UK - MEMS technology
- Credit card-sized device could analyze biopsy, help diagnose pancreatic cancer ...
- In this video, tissue biopsies first are seen moving through the transparent channels of a microfluidic device. In the second cut, an optical clearing fluid illuminates the original channels. Moving whole tissue samples through such a device is ...
today UW Today - MEMS technology
- SCHOTT Introduces a Variety of Glass Substrates for Use in Biotechnology
- Microfluidics is on its way to becoming a main stream enabling technology for fields as diverse as medical diagnostics, life science research or drug delivery and synthesis. There are many applications which rely on highly complex microfluidic chips ...
yesterday SelectScience.net (press release) - MEMS technology
- DARPA Taps IBM To Develop Self Destructing Chips
- This might seem like something out of Mission Impossible, but DARPA seems to be committed to bringing this concept into life. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has awarded a $3.5 million contract to IBM, just so that it can develop self ...
yesterday Ubergizmo - MEMS technology
- Satellite sensors to be used in medical systems, says Imec
- It uses a narrow-band spectral filters at pixel level using semiconductor thin-film processing, which cuts size and weight of the hardware and allows it to be mass produced in volume at low cost. Such sensor technology will allow camera vendors to ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- Start-ups use technology to give back to society
- It is based on the lab-on-a-chip (LOC) technology and micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS). An LOC device integrates one or several laboratory functions on a single chip. LOC is a subset of MEMS, which involves the integration of a number of micro ...
yesterday Livemint - MEMS business
- Rofin and IMRA America enter license agreement on ultrafast laser ...
- The invention is fundamental in taking advantage of ultrafast lasers for micromachining. The inventors recognized that ultrashort pulses are shorter than the time needed for most energy transfer processes within the material. Therefore deterministic ...
yesterday Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS business
- Graphene Nanoribbons Get Electrons to Behave Like Photons
- The silicon carbon wafers that served as the substrates had patterns already etched into them using standard microelectronic fabrication techniques. When the wafers are heated to 1000°C, the silicon is preferentially driven off along the edges, leaving ...
today IEEE Spectrum - Nanotechnology
- First Atom-by-Atom Simulation of ALD Nanoscale Film Growth Produced
- Mahdi Shirazi and Dr. Simon Elliott Researchers at Tyndall National Institute in Cork, Ireland have produced the first ever atom-by-atom simulation of nanoscale film growth by atomic layer deposition (ALD) – a thin-film technology used in the ...
today Controlled Environments Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Hi-tech: Nanotechnology Foundation to be established soon
- The Pakistan Foundation for Nanotechnology would formulate five and 10-year plans for nanotechnology and help entrepreneurs set up new companies and move successful innovations to technological clusters, an official of the Ministry of Science and ...
yesterday The Express Tribune - Nanotech business
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop.
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- ISISS 2014
- 2014-02-25 - 2014-02-26
Laguna Beach, CA
The 1st IEEE International Symposium on Inertial Sensors and Systems
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe @ Building B, 3165 Kifer Road, Santa Clara, CA 95051
7:45 PM to 8:45 PM. FBAR and FMOS Technology from a MEMS Perspective
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25