View Mailing Online
- Spectra-Physics® Launches Breakthrough >60 W Ultraviolet (UV) Laser
- The new Quasar 355-60 transforms microelectronic device manufacturing, enabling major advances in both throughput and precision. “Quasar 355-60 is an astonishing leap forward in performance and capability that propel mobile device manufacturing and ...
today openPR (press release) - MEMS technology
- Flat-pack lens boosts solar power
- Micro-machining could be used to create almost flat, Fresnel lenses, that boost the electrical efficiency of solar panels, according to researchers in China. Fresnel lenses were invented by French engineer and scientist Augustin-Jean Fresnel, in the ...
today EurekAlert (press release) - MEMS technology
- Low-cost Device Helps Diagnose Cancer in Minutes
- The device harnesses the properties of microfluidics, which allows tissue to move and stop with ease through small channels without needing to apply a lot of external force. It also keeps clinicians from having to handle the tissue; instead, a tissue ...
2014-02-07 PCB007 (press release) - MEMS technology
- Femtosecond Laser Processing suits medical device applications.
- Plymouth, Minnesota: LSA Laser announced the addition of femtosecond laser processing capabilities for medical device manufacturing. Femtosecond lasers are ideal in micromachining applications for drilling and cutting high-precision holes and shapes ...
today ThomasNet News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Graphene Nanoribbons Get Electrons to Behave Like Photons
- The silicon carbon wafers that served as the substrates had patterns already etched into them using standard microelectronic fabrication techniques. When the wafers are heated to 1000°C, the silicon is preferentially driven off along the edges, leaving ...
2014-02-06 IEEE Spectrum - MEMS technology
- Solar Cell to be Built Inside iPhone 6 Sapphire Glass ... - Energy Trend
- Not just Apple hired experienced solar thin-film process engineers. The United States Patentand Trademark Office released a unique solar power system management patent applied by Apple. Some studies indicate that ...
christinechen 2014-02-06 - MEMS technology
- New Hearing Implant Uses Less Power, No External Hardware
- Now, researchers from MIT's Microsystems Technology Laboratory (MTL), working with physicians from Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (MEEI), may have a solution to this problem. The team has developed a new, ...
today RedOrbit - MEMS technology
- Brewer Science Intros First Surfactant-free Semicon CNT Inks
- Brewer Science has launched its groundbreaking inks that will change the way carbon nanotube (CNT) users manufacture microelectronic devices. The company introduced the first aqueous, surfactant-free, ready-to-use semiconducting CNT inks for ...
2014-02-07 PCB007 (press release) - MEMS technology
- New Apple Retina displays may boast richer colors thanks to quantum dots
- The most interesting of these new documents describes using quantum dots in tandem with Apple's microelectromechanical systems shutter control. As noted in the patent, quantum dots may provide a way for enhancing the color gamut of displays.
2014-02-06 TechRadar UK - MEMS technology
- Exploring the MEMS-Enabled Life: A Preview of MEMS Executive ...
- Written by: Karen Lightman, Executive Director, MEMS Industry Group First appeared on Solid State Technology, February 10, 2014. Munich, Germany is one of my favorite cities in the world. If you agree or if you've never ...
MEMS Industry Group today - MEMS business
- How Will 3D Systems Corporation Get the Electronics 3-D Printing Capabilities ...
- In addition to producing microprocessors and computer memory, this technology can also be used to produce microelectromechanical systems, or MEMS, which are used for actuating and sensing. Unlike Optomec's technology, which is fully up and running, ...
2014-02-07 Motley Fool - MEMS business
- RheoSense, Inc. Announce Partnership with Pfizer
- Utilizing state-of-the-art MEMS and microfluidics breakthroughs that redefine the viscometry industry, our instruments offer the smallest sample volume per measurement coupled with exceptional ease-of-use and accuracy. We are the leader in ...
today Azom.com - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology researchers control artificial nanomotors inside living cells ...
- (Nanowerk News) For the first time, a team of chemists and engineers at Penn State University have placed tiny synthetic motors inside live human cells, propelled them with ultrasonic waves and steered them magnetically. It's not exactly "Fantastic ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Breakthrough in Battery Nanotechnology
- By using nanotechnology, we have found a way to restructure germanium, in the form of nanowires, into a stable porous material that is an ideal battery material as it remains stable over very long time scales during continued operation.” The research ...
today Controlled Environments Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Graphene outperforms silicon for NEMS sensors... - I-Micronews
- The researchers have also successfully demonstrated that mono-layer graphene membranes can be efficiently implemented as piezoresistive transducer elements for pressure sensors and other emerging NEMS sensors.
2014-02-06 - Nanotechnology
- Scopey's Nano Adventure helps budding scientists zoom in on nanotechnology
- Ingenuity Lab is bringing nanotechnology to little fingertips with an interactive application that has been specially created to teach future scientists about the myriad of opportunities at the nanoscale. Designed for children between the age of five ...
2014-02-06 Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
The 18th International Conference on
Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and
Abstract Submission Deadline
April 15, 2014
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2014
- 2014-02-23 - 2014-02-27
San Jose, CA
- ISISS 2014
- 2014-02-25 - 2014-02-26
Laguna Beach, CA
The 1st IEEE International Symposium on Inertial Sensors and Systems
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe @ Building B, 3165 Kifer Road, Santa Clara, CA 95051
7:45 PM to 8:45 PM. FBAR and FMOS Technology from a MEMS Perspective
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25