View Mailing Online
- III-V QD Lasers Grown Directly on Silicon
- The University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB) has grown 1.3 μm-wavelength indium arsenide (InAs) quantum dot (QD) lasers directly on silicon, with record device performance. The breakthrough approach promises an alternative to wafer bonding lasers ...
2014-02-28 Novus Light Technologies Today - MEMS technology
- DARPA Chip Aims to Secure Electronics Throughout the Supply Chain
- The Pentagon is experimenting with computer chips inside parts for defense systems and other electronics, such as iPhones, that would identify compromised or counterfeit components. The ID chips would self-destruct if outsiders replicate, or "reverse ...
today Nextgov - MEMS technology
- Device Helps Essential Tremor Patients
- This device, developed by Lift Labs, contains microelectronics in the base that allow it For people whose hands shake uncontrollably due to a medical condition, just eating can be a frustrating and embarrassing ordeal – enough to keep them from sharing ...
2014-02-28 Product Design & Development - MEMS technology
- How do you flex an artificial muscle? Using liquid crystal elastomers
- When you heat it up, it becomes very close to a sphere. When you cool it, it becomes an ellipsoid again.' Smoukov says the artificial muscle technology could be used in microfluidics, sensors and temperature-sensitive valves. Author : Eoin ...
today Materials World - MEMS technology
- EV Group and Brisbane Materials Introduce Novel Anti-Reflective Coating ...
- SANTA CLARA, Calif. - STRATEGIES IN LIGHT- EV Group (EVG), a leading supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment for the MEMS, nanotechnology, solar and semiconductor markets, and Brisbane Materials Technology (BMT), a specialty ...
today ThomasNet News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Can This Company Flourish in the Internet of Things Revolution?
- Sensors and Microelectromechanical Systems, or MEMS, are two technologies that can give a thing its voice. Sensors indicate the state of an object, and MEMS are tiny machines with electrical connectors that can perform some action. Devices speak the ...
2014-02-28 Motley Fool - MEMS business
- Teledyne DALSA Announces Electrostatic Actuator IC for MEMS Micro-Mirror ...
- Using proprietary CMOS/DMOS technology, the DH0485AQ's high accuracy, small footprint and low power is designed for portable systems containing MEMS Micro-Mirrors with up to 4 electrodes. This device showcases Teledyne DALSA Semiconductor's ...
today Wall Street Journal - MEMS business
- Knowles Corp. May Have Picked the Wrong Day for Public Debut
- Knowles has a leading position in micro-electro-mechanical systems microphones, speakers and receivers that are used in smartphones, tablets and mobile handsets. The company has been in business for more than 65 years, and its microphones have ...
today 24/7 Wall St. - MEMS business
- Studying Distribution and Composition of Nanoscale Intermetallic Phases in a ...
- The precipitate distribution as shown in Figure 1a is on the nanoscale down to around 100nm. The data was collected on a FEG-SEM at 5kV to reduce beam diameter and X-ray interaction volume. The high voltage was sufficient to excite the L lines of the ...
2014-02-28 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Using nanotechnology to harvest energy from Earth's infrared emissions into ...
- The optoelectronic approach, while novel, could be feasible in light of recent technological developments—advances in plasmonics, small-scale electronics, new materials like graphene, and nanotechnology fabrication. The Harvard team says a strength of ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
Join executives from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS technology as they sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information. Register now
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- 12th Annual MEPTEC MEMS Technology Symposium
San Jose, CA
Advances in MEMS - Foundations in Design, Process, Packaging and Test
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-06
Tampa Bay, FL
For technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- AVS 61st International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2014-11-09 - 2014-11-14
Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25