View Mailing Online
- Spit on it - Micro fuel cell powered by saliva
- In new work, Hussain and his team have now developed a saliva-powered, micro-sized MFC that already generates almost 1 µW – enough power to be directly used as an energy harvester in microelectronic applications. The team reported their findings in ...
yesterday Nanowerk - MEMS technology
- Martini Tech offering GaN MOCVD on sapphire substrates
- Founded in 2013, Martini Tech offers microfabrication services including micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) design, development and foundry, sapphire wafer patterning, nanoimprint mold manufacturing (using materials such as silicon, nickel and ...
yesterday Semiconductor Today - MEMS technology
- MEMS pumps and measures dose in e-syringe
- Grenoble start-up Eveon and semiconductor process laboratory CEA-Leti have demonstrated a MEMS micro-pump for drug delivery. The pump is based on core technology initiated by Eveon and French research organisation IMEP-LAHC (Institute of ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- F Cubed's Biochip vs. the Hospital Superbug
- The biochip is based on research by Hsueh-Chia Chang, director of the Center for Microfluidics and Medical Diagnostics at the University of Notre Dame, in Indiana. The plastic panel is inside a suitcaselike container along with the components that ...
yesterday IEEE Spectrum - MEMS technology
- Researchers develop new microengine, but aren't sure how it works
- The main hurdle to be overcome is building a motor or actuator that can change energy into motion. Getting energy to a micro-machine in the form of electricity is simple enough, but the tricky bit is getting that electricity to do any useful work. This ...
2014-03-22 Gizmag - MEMS technology
- Diamonds may fire up your computer
- On 4 August, 2011, a team of electrical engineers at US-based Vanderbilt University developed all the basic components needed to create microelectronic devices out of thin films of nanodiamond—diamond versions of transistors and even logical gates ...
yesterday Livemint - MEMS technology
- Patterning Material System of Hard-Nano-Film/Soft-Matter-Substrates Helps ...
- Wrinkling and buckling at micro-scale are a popular phenomenon in stiff nano-film on compliant substrate due to external stimuli such as thermal mismatch. This feature has many applications in the design and fabrication of flexible electronics and ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Electrostatic Actuator IC from Teledyne DALSA for MEMS Actuation Applications
- “Low power, low noise high voltage design coupled with an efficient DC/DC boost converter and MEMS movement sensing permits us to electrostatically actuate one biaxial or two uni-axial MEMS Micro-Mirrors up to 280V” said Remi Meingan, Senior Product ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Hybrid wavelength-tunable III-V lasers on silicon
- ... of silicon photonics is the laser source. Today, the most promising short- and medium-term solutions involve the heterogeneous integration of III-V semiconductors (alloys made from elements in old groups III and V) onto silicon via wafer bonding ...
2014-03-21 SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- Google Glass Sports New Frames [video]
- The Bold frames are outstanding, as they are thicker and shaped differently than the other styles, and there is not much difference in the weight of Glass that includes the micro electronic components and software. The only difference noticeable is in ...
2014-03-23 Guardian Liberty Voice - MEMS technology
- GE introduces awesome MEMS switch tech for faster LTE-Advanced
- To understand how this improves LTE performance, we need to understand how this MEMS (microelectromechanical system) switch fits into the equation. In the radio chain (comprising of the antenna, filters/duplexers, power amplifiers, transceiver, and the ...
2014-03-21 ExtremeTech - MEMS technology
- Motion R12 rugged tablet
- As a modern device, the R12 has a 9-axis MEMS (MicroElectroMechanical Sensors) array that includes an accelerometer, eCompass and gyroscope, and there's also an ambient light sensor. Motion has always been big on audio, and so the R12 includes a ...
today Rugged PC Review - MEMS technology
- State of Consumer Electronics: You Don't Need a Programming Degree, You ...
- And components like MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) enable any clever person to create new products with new features. Inventors and entrepreneurs with good ideas are easily welcomed into our industry. CEA encourages new businesses through ...
today Pulse - MEMS business
- Farm technology a growth industry in the Emirates
- Abu Dhabi's Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is working on microelectromechanical systems (Mems) for use in agriculture. “Our Mems research in Abu Dhabi is working on Mems gyroscopes and accelerometers, similar to what we have in our ...
yesterday The National - MEMS business
- Micro systems with big commercial potential featured in SPIE journal
- BELLINGHAM, Washington, USA -- Commercial demand is driving high-tech research and development in micro-opto-electro-mechanical systems (MOEMS) for diverse applications such as space exploration, wireless systems, and healthcare. A new special ...
yesterday SPIE Newsroom - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology Incorporated Into Paper Electronics
- Applications of incorporated nanotechnology have the potential to revolutionize how the world uses and views even the simplest objects—including paper. In a recent publication of the academic journal Nanotechnology Dr. Anna Demming commented on ...
2014-03-22 Guardian Liberty Voice - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology coating helps shrink mass spectrometers
- (Nanowerk News) Nanotechnology is advancing tools likened to Star Trek's "tricorder" that perform on-the-spot chemical analysis for a range of applications including medical testing, explosives detection and food safety. Researchers found that when ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
Showcasing the latest advances in process, design, packaging and test technologies, facilitating the creation of new MEMS products unimaginable only a few decades ago.
- 5th Annual Bay Area Biomedical Device Conference
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA.
Cutting edge, Biomedical research
- The 9th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2014-04-13 - 2014-04-16
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe, Santa Clara, CA - 7:45pm
MEMS WARS: A New Hope - Dr. Kurt Petersen, Palios Inc.
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2014-05-06 - 2014-05-08
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- 12th Annual MEPTEC MEMS Technology Symposium
San Jose, CA
Advances in MEMS - Foundations in Design, Process, Packaging and Test
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-06
Tampa Bay, FL
For technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Microtech 2014
- 2014-06-15 - 2014-06-19
Addressing advancements in traditional technologies, emerging technologies and business practices.
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- AVS 61st International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2014-11-09 - 2014-11-14
Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25