View Mailing Online
- SRI Unveils Tiny Robots Ready to Build Big Things
- They've also created a model that can carry and handle liquids, with potential applications for what's known as microfluidics and “lab on a chip” devices. Those terms mean pretty much what they sound like: The transport and handling of tiny amounts of ...
today Re/code - MEMS technology
- Life Sciences Chrome
- The Micro GC system is equipped with a microelectromechanical system (MEMS) thermal conductivity detector (TCD) that offers a 1 ppm detection limit. The temperature-programmable GC column focuses late eluting peaks, providing advanced control over ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- PCB-based microfluidics promise low-cost medical sensing
- Microfluidics machined into silicon on a CMOS-like process is another alternative, which offers extreme parallelism – good for DNA analysis – and very cheap chips – in the order of 1p he said. Unfortunately this 1p can increase up to $200 when the ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- When Physical Prototypes Fail, Simulation Provides the Answers
- This is essential for applications ranging from microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and microfluidic devices—where size leads to expensive testing of physical prototypes—to the prediction of device performance over a span of time, such as ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- The Fluid Future of Shape-Shifting Technology [Video]
- Micro electromechanical machines like this tiny motor and motion amplifier are so small that assembling them from multiple parts is highly impractical—one-piece design is the way to go. Kota designed the flexible motion amplifier in this video for ...
yesterday Scientific American - MEMS technology
- KYOCERA America, Inc. Introduces Line of Epoxy Encapsulation Materials for ...
- Kyocera specializes in combining these engineered materials with metals and integrating them with other technologies to produce microelectronic packages and substrates, electronic components, cutting tools, industrial components, solar power generating ...
yesterday SYS-CON Media (press release) - MEMS technology
- Sensor Hubs Make Gains; Enable the Future of Sensing
- Sensor hubs that offload tasks from power-hungry application processors and let mobile devices like smartphones and tablets run longer on a single battery charge are reaping gargantuan gains thanks to the global microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) ...
today PCBDesign007 - MEMS business
- The Internet of Things and the issue of IP rights (Part 2)
- Thus, the Internet of Things essentially represents a union of wireless technologies, the internet and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) — such as those developed by Bosch. Many of these innovations are proving to be of great benefit, not the ...
yesterday InsideCounsel - MEMS business
- A molecular approach to solar power: Switchable material could harness the ...
- It's an obvious truism, but one that may soon be outdated: The problem with solar power is that sometimes the sun doesn't shine. Now a team at MIT and Harvard University has come up with an ingenious workaround — a material that can absorb the sun's ...
yesterday Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Lithium-sulfur batteries last longer with nanomaterial-packed cathode
- Researchers added the powder, a kind of nanomaterial called a metal organic framework, to the battery's cathode to capture problematic polysulfides that usually cause lithium-sulfur batteries to fail after a few charges. A paper describing the material ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Novel Technique Combining AFM and Mass Spectrometry Allows Simultaneous ...
- Anasys Instruments, located in Santa Barbara, is a leader in the field of nanoscale imaging and analytics and expects to have a commercial product available sometime in 2015. More information about Anasys is available at http://www.anasysinstruments.com.
2014-04-14 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Making 'bucky-balls' in spin-out's sights
- (Phys.org) —A new Oxford spin-out firm is targeting the difficult challenge of manufacturing fullerenes, known as 'bucky-balls' because of their spherical shape, a type of carbon nanomaterial which, like graphene and carbon nanotubes, has unique ...
yesterday Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
Join us in Washington D.C. as Microtech2014 and TechConnect World expand their communities to be the worldÃ¢ÂÂs largest multi-industry research-to-commercialization gathering. We are pleased to announce the inclusion of the National Innovation Summit & Showcase partnering with leading Federal Agency programs along with the Nation's top commercially viable innovations.
- RF MEMS: A Solution for the LTE Advanced Standard and future 5G
Online - 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM EDT
Hosted by Guillaume d'Eyssautier, DELFMEMS
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe, Santa Clara, CA - 7:45pm
MEMS WARS: A New Hope - Dr. Kurt Petersen, Palios Inc.
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2014-05-06 - 2014-05-08
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- 12th Annual MEPTEC MEMS Technology Symposium
San Jose, CA
Advances in MEMS - Foundations in Design, Process, Packaging and Test
- Medical MEMS and Sensors 2014
- 2014-05-28 - 2014-05-29
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-06
Tampa Bay, FL
For technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Microtech 2014
- 2014-06-15 - 2014-06-19
Addressing advancements in traditional technologies, emerging technologies and business practices.
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- AVS 61st International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2014-11-09 - 2014-11-14
Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25