View Mailing Online
- Credit Card-sized Anthrax Detector Aids Agriculture
- Harper and engineer Thayne Edwards developed the microfluidics platform with the patent pending magnetic valves that move the sample through the testing process. Lead bioscientist Bryan Carson, with technologists Jackie Murton and Bryce Ricken, ...
today Laboratory Equipment - MEMS technology
- New Method Points to Cheaper, More Flexible Wearable Computers
- So Rogers is now proposing a Plan B: a wearable electronic patch that incorporates standard silicon chips. The patch uses a microfluidic construction with wires folded to allow it to bend and flex around the rigid off-the-shelf chips. The patch doesn't ...
today Singularity Hub - MEMS technology
- Robotics goes micro-scale
- The shaping of micro-scale objects enables fine control over their mechanical interactions with light, providing a new avenue towards light driven micro-machines. This image shows a schematic of an optically trapped probe with specially shaped conical ...
yesterday Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Stress Induced Phase Transformations in Magnetic Shape Memory Alloys ...
- Ni based magnetic shape memory alloys (MSMAs) have broad applications for actuators and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices. Two-stage stress induced martensitic phase transformation, a widely observed phenomenon in these alloys, ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Photonic crystal makes watt-class laser
- One reason is that most earlier studies employed a wafer-bonding technique to incorporate a photonic crystal structure inside the device, explained Noda. This bonding process induces many defects at the bonded interface that absorb laser light. “In our ...
yesterday nanotechweb.org - MEMS technology
- MEMS Powering Sensor Hub Market Growth
- Sensor hubs that offload tasks from power-hungry application processors and let mobile devices like smartphones and tablets run longer on a single battery charge are reaping gargantuan gains thanks to the global microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) ...
2014-04-16 PCBDesign007 - MEMS business
- In the permanent bonding market, EV Group is leading, Applied Materials and ...
- Under this Permanent Wafer Bonding report, Yole's analysts give an overview of technical characteristics for each existing permanent bonding processes and related applications. They review key technical insight into future permanent bonding ...
today ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS business
- 4 Uses of Liquid Silicone Rubber in Nanotechnology
- 4 Uses of Liquid Silicone Rubber in Nanotechnology. LSR is fungus-resistant and nontoxic, and according to Apple Rubber, its resistance to thermal wear makes it a good solution for long-term applications. Let's take a look at four recent developments ...
yesterday Nanotechnology News - Nanotechnology
The AVS 61st International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting edge issues associated with materials, processing and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS Technical Division, Groups, Focus Topics on emerging technologies and more. An extensive Exhibition of related equipment, tools, materials, supplies, chemicals, services, consulting, technical literature, and new technologies are showcased during the week.
- 2014 Biosensors & Analytics Conference
- 2014-04-23 - 2014-04-24
Sensing the Future of Healthcare
- MEMS Industry Group Conference
The Global MEMS Supply Chain
- IEEE SF Bay Area MEMS Chapter
Qualcomm Cafe, Santa Clara, CA - 7:45pm
MEMS WARS: A New Hope - Dr. Kurt Petersen, Palios Inc.
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2014-05-06 - 2014-05-08
- MIG M2M Forum 2014
- 2014-05-20 - 2014-05-21
The MEMS Supply Chain - It Takes a Village
- 12th Annual MEPTEC MEMS Technology Symposium
San Jose, CA
Advances in MEMS - Foundations in Design, Process, Packaging and Test
- Medical MEMS and Sensors 2014
- 2014-05-28 - 2014-05-29
- Design Automation Conference (DAC 2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-05
San Francisco, CA
- IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS2014)
- 2014-06-01 - 2014-06-06
Tampa Bay, FL
For technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice
- Hilton Head 2014
- 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-14
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop
- Microtech 2014
- 2014-06-15 - 2014-06-19
Addressing advancements in traditional technologies, emerging technologies and business practices.
- Sensors Expo & Conference
- 2014-06-24 - 2014-06-26
- MicroTAS 2014
- 2014-10-26 - 2014-10-30
San Antonio, TX
- AVS 61st International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2014-11-09 - 2014-11-14
Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
- The 28th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- 2015-01-18 - 2015-01-22
- Transducers 2015
- 2015-06-21 - 2015-06-25