View Mailing Online
- Imaging extra-solar planets with adaptive optics and a MEMS mirror
- GPI's high-order DM is a micro-electrical-mechanical-system (MEMS) mirror. It has 4096 actuators on a 64 x 64 grid, with actuators separated by just 400μm from each other (see Figure 2). Boston Micromachines Corp. (BMC) developed this mirror through a ...
today SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- Tech of the Week: Four cent accelerometer
- George Whitesides, presented its design and experimental results for the microelectromechanical systems force sensor at the Institution for Electrical and Electronics Engineers MEMS 2011 conference. What: The MEMS force sensor is a paper accelerometer ...
yesterday University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - MEMS technology
- Nanometrics Launches Next Generation UniFire 7900IR for Wafer-to-Wafer Bonding ...
- “Careful control of lithography and etching in the Through Silicon Via (TSV) flow, bumping, and wafer-to-wafer bonding processes is critical to enable high yielding devices for next generation advanced packaging. This latest system offers a new 3D ...
today Business Wire (press release) - MEMS technology
- Applied: Firing on all cylinders
- Applied won some interconnect electrochemical plating (ECP) via Semitool (not 3-D TSV) at Samsung LSI, Elpida and Globalfoundries. It may garner a split position at Micron, according to the report. The fab tool firm won ECP business for 3-D TSV at ...
yesterday EETimes.com - MEMS business
- Samsung chief cites challenges facing IC design
- Bringing 3D devices based on through-silicon via (TSV) is taking longer than expected. But at ISSCC, Samsung announced the development of a 1Gb DRAM with a 512-pin wide I/O interface intended for mobile applications such as smartphones and tablet ...
today Eetasia.com (subscription) - MEMS business
- Infotonics in Canandaigua wins key tech contracts
- The center, now called the Smart System Technology & Commercialization Center of Excellence (STC), is an affiliate of SUNY Albany's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, which is the best funded and most successful of the state Centers of ...
today Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - MEMS business
- STMicroelectronics Drives Innovation at 'Electronics For You' 2011
- As the leader in MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) devices and solutions for consumer electronics and mobile devices, ST continues to develop outstanding MEMS technology, combining different MEMS devices such as accelerometers with gyroscopes or ...
yesterday IEWY News - MEMS business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Kionix Names Michael Maia Vice President Americas ...
- The Company pioneered high-aspect ratio silicon micromachining based on research originally conducted at Cornell University and today enjoys a global reputation for MEMS product design, process engineering and quality manufacturing. ...
today Business Wire (press release) - MEMS business
- Astronomers' 'Adaptive Optics' Lets Biologists See at Nanoscale
- by Editor1 — last modified February 22, 2011 - 16:27 A corrective strategy called “adaptive optics” used by astronomers to sharpen images of celestial bodies is now helping scientists and biologists see with more depth and clarity into the nanoscale ...
today NanoScienceWorks.org - Nanotechnology
- UH HOSTS OPEN HOUSE FOR HIGH-TECH "CLEAN ROOM" ON FEB. 25
- Officially, it's called the University of Houston Nanofabrication Facility, a state-of-the-art clean room equipped with advanced tools to create micro- and nano-scale structures, most commonly on silicon waters, for integrated circuits, ...
today The Cypress Times - Nanotechnology
- Top Ten most-read Nanoscale articles in January « Nanoscale Blog
- The latest top ten most accessed Nanoscale articles. See the most-read papers of January 2011 here: Microwave chemistry for inorganic nanomaterials synthesis. Idalia Bilecka and Markus Niederberger, Nanoscale, 2010, 2, 1358-1374 ...
Christina Ableman, Publishing Assistant today - Nanotechnology
- Developing the next generation of solar energy harvesting technology
- Fifteen British businesses and seven universities are to share £5 million of government funding to enable them to research the use of novel nanoscale technologies to develop the next generation of solar energy harvesting. Under the RCUK Programme, ...
today PR Web (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Manufacturing Fuels NIST Budget Increase
- The big bump up includes nearly $160 million in new funds for NIST's core laboratory budget, including support for programs in nanoscale manufacturing, advanced energy materials, and novel time and electrical measurement capabilities. ...
today IndustryWeek - Nanotech business
SPIE Advanced Lithography - for the Latest Research on Optical Lithography, Resists, Metrology, EUV, Immersion.
Attend SPIE Advanced Lithography - an important event (technical program, courses, networking events, and free exhibition) for optical lithography, resists, metrology, EUV, design, and more.
Feb 27 thru Mar 3, 2011 Register now!
- SPIE Advanced Lithography
- 2011-02-27 - 2011-03-03
San Jose Marriott & Convention Center San Jose, CA
Connecting Minds. Advancing Light.
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2011-03-16 - 2011-03-17
Doubletree San Jose Hotel
Strategies to Reduce Time and Cost of MEMS End-of-Line Testing
- Packaging for MEMS
- 2011-03-31 - 2011-04-01
Understanding MEMS Packaging is Critical to a Viable Product
- MEPTEC 9th Annual MEMS Symposium
Wyndham San Jose, CA
MEMS - Driving Innovation. Existing Technologies Enable Future Innovations
- Transducers' 11
- 2011-06-05 - 2011-06-09
The 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- Sensors Expo & Conference 2011
- 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-08
Focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership
- Microtech Conference & Expo 2011
- 2011-06-13 - 2011-06-16
Uniting innovators to bring microtechnology from laboratory to marketplace
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users