View Mailing Online
- Industry proposes new mobile DRAM specs
- Other efforts have recently entered the picture, including a serial technology as well as a separate wide I/O DRAM technology, based on a 3D packaging technique called through-silicon-via (TSV). The 800- or 1066MHz devices could serve as a bridge to ...
today EE Times India - MEMS technology
- New portable DNA screener to debut this summer
- Using a process called digital microfluidics, the analyzer processes a DNA sample and provides results in less than an hour for under $100 per sample, Miles said. By comparison, it takes days or weeks and about $500 per sample to get results when DNA ...
today Nextgov - MEMS technology
- Scientists say ocean currents cause microbes to filter light
- He recreates an ocean environment in microfluidic devices about the size of a stick of gum and uses videomicroscopy to trace and record the microbes' movements in response to food and current. In this case, however, the research methodology was ...
today PhysOrg.com - MEMS technology
- Industry Report: Fortunes Reversed ï¿½MEMS to Become Buoyant
- By Mini Swamy Global Industry Analysts, Inc., which provides a comprehensive review of market trends, issues and other strategic industry activities, has in its research report titled 'Micro Electromechanical Systems, MEMS, Devices" analyzed the global ...
today Techzone360 - MEMS business
- Reportlinker Adds MEMS : Trends in MEMS Manufacturing & Packaging
- From bulk micromachining to surface micromachining to SOI, and MEMS technology has been following a well-defined evolutionary technical roadmap with 3D integration being the next possible step. In the report, you will find manufacturing trends for the ...
today PR Newswire (press release) - MEMS business
- Auto ICs to grow 12% this year; 14.5% CAGR 2009-14
- An ESC system typically consists of three sensors—a gyroscope, an accelerometer, and a pressure sensor—all of which can be made using a microelectromechanical system (MEMS) process. Highlighting the move to convergence, automakers are testing systems ...
today ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS business
- Oxford Instruments and ITRI jointly establish research center for WLP and LED ...
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) are very important for LED back-end process, said ITRI, noting that its MEMS laboratory is the only one in Taiwan with 2-8 inches MEMS wafer process capability. It aims to assist Taiwanese companies in design, ...
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Novel quantum dot nanocomposites reconcile blinking/tracking issues
- Second, the composite nanoparticles can be used as tracers in microfluidic devices to study flow mechanics in microfluidics. Conventional tracers used in flow mechanics studies are large beads. But since components in a microfluidic device are ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Gorgeous Jeweled Beetle Reveals Its Tricks
- These nanoscale layers scramble light and reflect an iridescent sheen, reported a team from the Netherlands and Japan in the Mar. 12 issue of The Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B. “This surprises me. I've always assumed they had the ...
yesterday Wired News (blog) - Nanotechnology
- FEI offers solution for unconventional natural gas extraction
- The data are essential to determining the production potential of the reservoir, optimizing extraction procedures and designing simulators of the nanoscale pore structure. “Huge reserves of natural gas are known to exist in unconventional gas ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nano approach may crack hydrogen storage quandary
- Professor Duncan Gregory hopes to find a new solid-state storage system based on a nanoscale metallic sponge capable of storing a useful quantity of hydrogen and delivering it to a fuel cell at a rate fast enough to power a small aircraft. ...
today Flightglobal - Nanotechnology
- The world's smallest computer
- It's expected that the micro-computer will be available commercially in a few years. The reaction: This micro machine's usefulness will extend far beyond hospitals, says Discover; "if this tiny technology takes off, you could see the same ideas used ...
today The Week Magazine - Nanotech business
- Global Market for Quantum Dot Technologies to Reach $670 Million by 2015
- Other promising prototype developments of SC QDs now on the commercial-horizon include: a new generation of Flash memory devices; nanomaterial enhancements for improving the performance of flexible organic light-emitting diodes (LEDs), ...
today PR.com (press release) - Nanotech business
Attend SPIE Advanced Lithography (27 February - 3 March) and meet semiconductor suppliers, integrators, and manufacturers. One registration fee gives you access to a 50-company Exhibition, poster sessions, evening receptions, panel discussions, and plenary presentations from industry leaders - or come to the FREE exhibition.
Join us in San Jose, CA for the largest gathering of lithography experts in the world.
- SPIE Advanced Lithography
- 2011-02-27 - 2011-03-03
San Jose Marriott & Convention Center San Jose, CA
Connecting Minds. Advancing Light.
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2011-03-16 - 2011-03-17
Doubletree San Jose Hotel
Strategies to Reduce Time and Cost of MEMS End-of-Line Testing
- Packaging for MEMS
- 2011-03-31 - 2011-04-01
Understanding MEMS Packaging is Critical to a Viable Product
- MEPTEC 9th Annual MEMS Symposium
Wyndham San Jose, CA
MEMS - Driving Innovation. Existing Technologies Enable Future Innovations
- Transducers' 11
- 2011-06-05 - 2011-06-09
The 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- Sensors Expo & Conference 2011
- 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-08
Focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership
- Microtech Conference & Expo 2011
- 2011-06-13 - 2011-06-16
Uniting innovators to bring microtechnology from laboratory to marketplace
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users