View Mailing Online
- Monolithic InGaAs nanolaser on silicon
- Until now, III-V integration with silicon electronics has tended to be in the form of wafer bonding processes that generally have low yield of working devices. The alternative of making silicon light up is hindered by the indirect bandgap of silicon, ...
today Semiconductor Today - MEMS technology
- Stronger Than Steel, Novel Metals Are as Moldable as Plastic
- Schroers and his team are already using their new processing technique to fabricate miniature resonators for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)-tiny mechanical devices powered by electricity-as well as gyroscopes and other resonator applications. ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- GaN Revolution
- ... circuits to largely replace their gallium arsenide (GaAs) predecessors, particularly in high-power applications, said Mark Rosker, deputy director for micro-systems technology at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). ...
yesterday DefenseNews.com (subscription) - MEMS technology
- Nvidia, Bosch Sensortech, StMicro & Atmel = Motorola XOOM
- Why did Motorola include a barometer in a tablet? According to IHS microelectromechanical sensor expert Jérémie Bouchaud, this pressure sensor works in conjunction with the global positioning system (GPS) for indoor navigation applications.
yesterday evertiq.com - MEMS technology
- STMicroelectronics partners with bTendo for innovative Pico Projector
- This unit is based on bTendo's Scanning Laser Projection engine technology along with ST's MEMS expertise, video processing proficiency and semiconductor process technology. This newest embedded projector is touted to be less than 2.5cm cube in volume ...
yesterday TechGadgets.in - MEMS business
- Semiconductor Companies to Unwrap New Products March 28-31 at Globalpress ...
- Akustica, a Pittsburgh-based company that invented digital micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) microphones, will introduce its fourth generation of MEMS microphones -- which deliver high-quality voice input to consumer electronics applications ...
today Marketwire (press release) - MEMS business
- Analysis on Trends in MEMS Manufacturing and Packaging
- DRIE and wafer bonding are the technologies subject to major evolution: main reason is that both technologies are increasingly used for 3D TSV in the mainstream semiconductor business. Wafer bonding is the direct competitor for CMOS MEMS approach. ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- Scientists make single-mode laser out of a single nanowire
- Due to its small size and simplicity, the single-nanowire laser could be used as a nanoscale coherent light source for applications in optical communications, sensing, and signal processing. The team of researchers, Yao Xiao, et al., from Zhejiang ...
today PhysOrg.com - Nanotechnology
The course will address techniques for packaging (wafer level and die), packaging equipment, and device testing. Specific examples of MEMS packages will be used to illustrate the equipment and processes to be considered for MEMS devices. Various packaging schemes will be presented and their strengths and shortcomings will be discussed.
Supplier and vendor activities in support of MEMS and future packaging trends will be discussed and information on the status of MEMS packaging and how it is evolving will be presented.
Click here to register
- SPIE Advanced Lithography
- 2011-02-27 - 2011-03-03
San Jose Marriott & Convention Center San Jose, CA
Connecting Minds. Advancing Light.
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2011-03-16 - 2011-03-17
Doubletree San Jose Hotel
Strategies to Reduce Time and Cost of MEMS End-of-Line Testing
- Packaging for MEMS
- 2011-03-31 - 2011-04-01
Understanding MEMS Packaging is Critical to a Viable Product
- MEPTEC 9th Annual MEMS Symposium
Wyndham San Jose, CA
MEMS - Driving Innovation. Existing Technologies Enable Future Innovations
- Transducers' 11
- 2011-06-05 - 2011-06-09
The 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- Sensors Expo & Conference 2011
- 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-08
Focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership
- Microtech Conference & Expo 2011
- 2011-06-13 - 2011-06-16
Uniting innovators to bring microtechnology from laboratory to marketplace
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users