View Mailing Online
- Cascade Microtech's BlueRay DS Probe System Wins Compound Semiconductor Award
- For technology businesses and scientific institutions that need to evaluate small structures, Cascade Microtech delivers access to electrical data from wafers, ICs, IC packages, circuit boards and modules, MEMS, 3D TSV, LED devices and more. ...
today Marketwire (press release) - MEMS technology
- TSMC to expand IC-packaging efforts
- And it will soon begin to offer silicon interposers and through-silicon-via (TSV) technologies for 3-D chips, which could be considered part of the backend process. The move leaves some to wonder if the silicon foundry giant is gradually moving into ...
yesterday EETimes.com - MEMS technology
- Comprehensive Book on MEMS Materials and Processes Published by Springer
- The processes section of the book is organized as a catalog of microfabrication processes. Each entry contains a brief introduction to the technology, as well as examples of common uses in MEMS. The effects of processing conditions on material ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- UMC buys equipment for 3D IC manufacturing
- United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) has acquired NT$561 million (US$19 million) worth of production equipment from subsidiary Hong Bao Technology (transliterated from Chinese), which designs and develops through silicon via (TSV) and other 3D IC ...
yesterday Digitimes - MEMS business
- The 3-D IC and you
- Many issues still exist; these issues include diverse tool chains, lack of good TSV models, absence of thermal and mechanical 3-D modeling tools, and lack of standards. As for true 3-D, neither design nor analysis tools exist to support it, ...
today EDN.com - MEMS business
- Industry catches on to 3D chip mania
- The IC industry is moving full speed ahead with a monumental and costly push to develop TSV-based 3D chips. A plethora of companies, including IBM, Intel, Samsung, Toshiba, TSMC and others, are exploring the possibility of stacking current devices in a ...
today EE Times India - MEMS business
- IC packager Lingsen shares up on increased InvenSense orders, says report
- InvenSense, which supplies MEMS gyroscopes for the Nintendo 3DS, is expected to increase its orders to backend partner Lingsen Precision Industries due to strong demand for the recently-launched console, according to a Chinese-language Commercial Times ...
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology Students Make World's Smallest Images of Stephen Colbert
- The world's smallest images of Stephen Colbert were made by two undergraduate nanotechnology engineering students. John Maier and Erin Bedford fabricated four micro sized images of Stephen Colbert in a clean room at the University of Waterloo. ...
today Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- IBM's MRSA Infection-Fighting Nanotechnology Caps Century of Healthcare Innovation
- Breakthroughs in nanotechnology, gene sequencing and even innovations in chip design will continue to improve healthcare around the world. Recognizing World Health Day, IBM is also applying its expertise to address public health issues such as in Cross ...
today PR Newswire (press release) - Nanotechnology
- IBM Develops Anti-MRSA Nanotechnology - Alex Knapp - Robot ...
- Yesterday, I noted some research into the possibility of halting the spread of MRSA in hospitals by using copper. If that works, it would be an important step in halting the spread of the deadly, antibiotic resistant bacteria, ...
Alex Knapp yesterday - Nanotechnology
- High-tech MIT spin-out Cambrios teams on Touch Screen Breakthrough
- After years of development the market for this nanomaterial is here and now. Bob Mackey, senior scientist with Synaptics has been watching Cambrios since 2008, said “Cambrios' development efforts embody world class research and development ...
today Forbes (blog) - Nanotechnology
- Scientists push quantum mechanics closer to the everyday world
- A new nanotechnology application to manufacture a one terabyte USB stick in the near future. Posted: Apr 7th, 2011. Large surfaces can be machined with nanometer precision. Posted: Apr 7th, 2011. Nanoparticle-based contraceptive makes ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Thermoelectric Cooling Effects Pronounced at Graphene Contacts
- By Cameron Chai Scientists at the University of Illinois have discovered that graphene transistors exhibit a nanoscale cooling effect that lowers their temperature. William King, mechanical science and engineering professor and Eric Pop, electrical and ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Windows That Block Heat Only On Hot Days: New Research Brings Us Closer
- By preparing vanadium oxide as a nanomaterial instead of in bulk, the scientists managed to lower the compound's trigger point from 153 degrees Fahrenheit to 90. Doping vanadium oxide nanowires with tungsten brought the temperature down further, ...
today UB News Center - Nanotechnology
- A new nanotechnology application to manufacture a one terabyte USB stick in ...
- Which is the role of nanotechnology in this project? The electronics industry is probably the main example where we use nano technology every day in our daily lives. All electronic components are now down on the nano meter scale. ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- It's a wrap! Nanowire opens gate to new devices
- (PhysOrg.com) -- In an interesting feat of nanoscale engineering, researchers at Lund University in Sweden and the University of New South Wales have made the first nanowire transistor featuring a concentric metal 'wrap-gate' that sits horizontally on ...
today PhysOrg.com - Nanotechnology
- Houston Technology Future Fund to Launch $100 Million Venture Fund
- The Fund will provide equity for revolutionary technologies in the aerospace, energy, information technology, life sciences, and nanotechnology sectors. The purpose of the Fund is to provide capital for companies to take their early-stage technologies ...
yesterday Centre Daily Times - Nanotech business
Sensors Expo & Conference is the only industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership!
for the latest information on the 2011 event. PLUS
- Register with discount code: A332H for $50 off Gold & Main Conference Passes!
- MEPTEC 9th Annual MEMS Symposium
Wyndham San Jose, CA
MEMS - Driving Innovation. Existing Technologies Enable Future Innovations
Visit MNX at this event.
- EIPBN 2011 ("3-Beams")
- 2011-05-31 - 2011-06-03
Las Vegas NV
World's Leading Symposium on Lithography and Nanofabrication
Visit MNX at this event.
- Transducers' 11
- 2011-06-05 - 2011-06-09
The 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- Sensors Expo & Conference 2011
- 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-08
Focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership.
Visit MNX at Booth 208.
- Microtech Conference & Expo 2011
- 2011-06-13 - 2011-06-16
Uniting innovators to bring microtechnology from laboratory to marketplace
- COMS 2011
- 2011-08-28 - 2011-08-31
Commercialization of Micro - Nano Systems
Visit MNX at this event.
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users
Visit MNX at this event.