View Mailing Online
- UCLA team shows lens-free 3D optical tomography
- The approach uses a number of LEDs to provide a partially coherent light source, which is placed about 7 cm from a CMOS sensor array - with the sample placed directly on the sensor. As the light source is rotated, the system records holograms at each ...
yesterday Optics.org - MEMS technology
- New Pyroelectric Device Transforms Heat into Electricity With 30% Efficiency
- A micro-electro-mechanical (MEMS) device lies at the core of Hunter's technology. When heated and cooled, it causes current to flow in alternate directions. The cantilevers are attached to a point that is liked to the heat source, and bend when heat ...
today The Green Optimistic - MEMS technology
- Controling Robotic Arms Is Child's Play
- The individual micro-electromechanical systems themselves are not expensive. What the scientists have spent time developing is how these sensors interact. "We have developed special algorithms that fuse the data of individual sensors and identify a ...
today Product Design & Development - MEMS technology
- Smooth operators: Teflon microfluidic chips
- (c) PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1100356108 (PhysOrg.com) -- The growing number of research and development efforts focused on microfluidics speaks to the technology's promise of a potentially broad range of applications, largely in highly-integrated ...
today PhysOrg.com - MEMS technology
- Wafer Inspection System handles advanced packaging applications. .
- Ultra-high resolution allows the Wafer Scanner to accurately characterize small features, such as micro bumps and TSV nails, which manufacturers are using to achieve unprecedented connection densities between chips, while still preserving the ...
today ThomasNet Industrial News Room - MEMS business
- New Zebraoptical Low Coherence Fiber Optic Interferometer with Microscope ...
- Sunrise Optical LLC: New Zebraoptical Low Coherence Fiber Optic Interferometer with Microscope Attachment has been developed for Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) applications and is available for sale as Zebraoptical Integrated Metrology Tool ...
today openPR (press release) - MEMS business
- HP's Memristor Shows Great Durability
- by Mads Ølholm In an article published in the journal Nanotechnology, HP (NYSE:HPQ) unveils the latest version of its much talked about memristor. The news this time is that the device shows great durability. In a laboratory setting HP has successfully ...
today SemiAccurate (satire) - MEMS business
- MEMS in Smartphones: Growth At What Price?
- MEMS and sensors are important components that enable many of the new features on smartphones. Prices for MEMS will erode as volumes increase. Semico has identified a dozen functions in a smartphone that have a MEMS solution. A significant trend is the ...
today Gerson Lehrman Group - MEMS business
- Silicon Designs – Industry's most compact low-frequency MEMS capacitive ...
- Leading specialist designer and manufacturer of highly-rugged industrial-grade MEMS capacitive accelerometer chips and modules, Silicon Designs has announced the expanded availability of its best-selling 2260 series modules to include new low-frequency ...
yesterday Electropages (press release) - MEMS business
- Silicon Labs aims to be one-stop timing shop
- Silicon Laboratories Inc. recently unveiled its long-term strategy to dominate the timing chip market following its acquisition of MEMS oscillator maker Silicon Clocks and traditional timing chip maker SpectraLinear. Silicon Labs claims its timing ...
yesterday EETimes.com - MEMS business
- Mobius Photonics Introduces G1R3 Short-Pulse Laser System
- The high-repetition-rate, short-pulse, fiber-based laser system, G1R3 can produce infrared, green or ultraviolet laser output for accurate materials processing purposes, including via drilling, solar cell production and micromachining. ...
yesterday AZoOptics.com (press release) - MEMS business
- MEMS offers precision in optical scanner systems
- Fraunhofer IPMS's customised silicon-based resonant and quasi-static micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) are claimed to offer highvelocity with precision in the deflection and modulation of light. Laser sources are used in the industry for ...
yesterday Laboratory Talk - MEMS business
- Top Journal Announces Highlighted "Hot Paper" on AFM-IR Research by Anasys ...
- Anasys Instruments is dedicated to delivering innovative products and solutions that measure material properties for samples with spatially varying physical and chemical properties at the micro and nanoscale. The Santa Barbara, California-based company ...
today Nanowerk LLC - MEMS business
- SPI Lasers Announces 4 New Products at Laser 2011, Munich
- Operating in the nanosecond pulse duration regime, these lasers are widely used for various marking and micro-machining operations, offering users versatility and flexibility. SPI's new redENERGY® GREEN laser source is for micro-machining and ...
yesterday Business Wire (press release) - MEMS business
- Wafer bonding: Many options for many devices
- The growth will be driven small-size wafers for LEDs and 12" wafers for 3D die stacking and CIS. The wafer bonding market is a very complex one, crossing different wafer sizes (from 2" to 12"), different applications (MEMS, CMOS image sensors [CIS], ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- More Moore & More than Moore require fabless, foundry, and packaging houses on ...
- Is the additional risk of TSV worth the benefits over wire-bonded stacks? Is a fabless design company or an IDM the way to go? The key question here is who acts as the "3D aggregator"? Foundry, memory company, OEM, fabless, OSAT? ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Samsung Showcasing Remarkable Technologies for Next-generation Displays at ...
- ... high brightness Pentile™ display with WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution; the largest (10.1-inch) MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) display; a low-power multi primary color display producing an extremely wide color gamut; and a reflective, ...
today SYS-CON Media (press release) - MEMS business
- Graphene, CNT NEMS resonators exhibit nonlinear damping
- Damping is central to the physics of nanoelectromechanical (NEMS) resonators, lying at the core of quantum and sensing experiments. Therefore many predictions that have been made for nanoscale electro-mechanical devices now need to be revisited when ...
today ElectroIQ - Nanotechnology
- Tiny, energy-efficient laser for optical communication systems developed
- By Andrew Myers, associate director of communicati In the push toward ever-smaller and ever-faster data transmission technology, a team of Stanford electrical engineers has produced a nanoscale laser that is much faster and vastly more energy efficient ...
yesterday domain-B - Nanotechnology
- Mobius Photonics Announces Prototype Fiber-Based Laser Source for ...
- ... collaboration with suppliers and customers around the world. Source: Mobius Photonics (press release). Subscribe to a free copy of our daily. Nanowerk Nanotechnology News Email Digest. with a compilation of all of the day's news. ...
today - Nanotech business
- IBM and ETH Zurich Open Collaborative Nanotechnology Center
- ZURICH, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) and ETH Zurich, a premiere European science and engineering university, hosted more than 600 guests from industry, academia and government, to open the Binnig and Rohrer Nanotechnology Center located ...
today PR Newswire (press release) - Nanotech business
- Nanosys uses cool quantum dot technology to make displays more colorful
- Nanosys, the nanotechnology licensing company, is announcing today that it has developed a technology that could make flat-panel displays much brighter and more colorful without increasing their costs, energy consumption or size. ...
today VentureBeat - Nanotech business
Sensors Expo & Conference is the only industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership!
for the latest information on the 2011 event. PLUS
- Register with discount code: A332H for $50 off Gold & Main Conference Passes!
- MEPTEC 9th Annual MEMS Symposium
Wyndham San Jose, CA
MEMS - Driving Innovation. Existing Technologies Enable Future Innovations
Visit MNX at this event.
- Working with a MEMS Foundry
Online - May 25, 2011 11:30am ET
Part 3 of 3 - Remaining Issues
- EIPBN 2011 ("3-Beams")
- 2011-05-31 - 2011-06-03
Las Vegas NV
World's Leading Symposium on Lithography and Nanofabrication
Visit MNX at this event.
- Transducers' 11
- 2011-06-05 - 2011-06-09
The 16th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- Sensors Expo & Conference 2011
- 2011-06-07 - 2011-06-08
Focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership.
Visit MNX at Booth 94.
- Microtech Conference & Expo 2011
- 2011-06-13 - 2011-06-16
Uniting innovators to bring microtechnology from laboratory to marketplace
- COMS 2011
- 2011-08-28 - 2011-08-31
Commercialization of Micro - Nano Systems
Visit MNX at this event.
- SENSORS Tech Forum '11 Boston
- 2011-10-10 - 2011-10-12
NASA Tech Briefs Presents SENSORS Tech Forum
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users
Visit MNX at this event.