View Mailing Online
- Heated AFM tip allows direct fabrication of ferroelectric nanostructures on ...
- ... tip to produce patterns, could facilitate high-density, low-cost production of complex ferroelectric structures for energy harvesting arrays, sensors and actuators in nano-electromechanical systems (NEMS) and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). ...
today EurekAlert (press release) - MEMS technology
- Electricity From Blood Sugar?
- Dr. Sven Kerzenmacher at the Department of Microsystems Engineering (IMTEK) of the University of Freiburg is researching the development of biological fuel cells with the goal of finding an inexhaustible source of power in the human body. ...
yesterday Eurasia Review - MEMS technology
- Maxim acquires Sensordynamics for $130M
- The Graz, Austria-based company specializes in microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and wireless semiconductor products, while Sunnyvale-based Maxim (NASDAQ:MXIM) makes analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. According to a prepared statement: ...
today Bizjournals.com - MEMS business
- ESI Rolls Out Micromachining Solution for LED Packaging Applications
- By Andy Choi A provider of laser-based manufacturing systems, ESI has rolled out the Model 5390 micromachining solution that is suitable for sophisticated LED packaging. The micromachining solution delivers high-yields and placement accuracy and is ...
2011-07-15 AZoOptics.com (press release) - MEMS business
- Vuzix and Fraunhofer to Develop MEMS Equipment for Wearable Display Solutions
- By Cameron Chai Fraunhofer's unique MEMS devices are a key component for creating a single electro-optic device for Vuzix' next generation HD video eyewear displays. Vuzix has partnered with the Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems (IPMS) for ...
2011-07-16 AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- Rasco Introduces Its New ATU And PTU MEMS Test Units
- Poway, CA - Rasco GmbH, a Cohu Inc. subsidiary and a leader in test handling equipment and MEMS testing, announced today the introduction of two new advanced MEMS products, the Pressure Test Unit (PTU) and the Acoustic Test Unit (ATU). ...
today Test and Measurement.com (press release) - MEMS business
- RF & power electronics opportunities for GaN market growth
- Last year marked the start of a ramp-up of GaN microelectronic products from multiple vendors for commercial applications, including cable TV and power management, says market research firm Strategy Analytics. Early market pioneers that have targeted ...
today Semiconductor Today - MEMS business
- NSF Funds New Effort in Robotics, Neuroscience and Electromechanical Devices
- MIT's Joel Voldman, associate professor of electrical engineering and computer science, who will be one of the center's deputy directors, said that the center will leverage MIT's strengths in electronics, robotics, microfabrication and neuroscience to ...
yesterday AZoRobotics - MEMS business
- ST teams with Swiss startup on audio ICs
- ST (Geneva, Switzerland said it will work with Soundchip to create HD-PA Platforms and HD-PA Ready components that will include MEMS microphones for such developments as monitoring at-ear sound quality and noise reduction. ...
today EE Times - MEMS business
- New Continuous Glucose Sensor System Developed by PositiveID
- As the Company finalizes the optimization of the glucose-sensing system, it will incorporate the glucose-sensing system with a micro-electromechanical system signal transduction unit and the electronics of its RFID microchip to complete development of ...
yesterday A Sweet Life - MEMS business
- Manufacturing Awards 2011: Innovation — Technology: Raydiance taking ...
- Micro medical devices, thin film processing and precious metal assaying and defense are only a few of the uses under development now as a result that that placement. The US Navy was an early customer and investor during the first stages of development ...
today North Bay Business Journal - MEMS business
- New Graphene Discovery Boosts Oil Exploration Efforts, Could Enable Self ...
- Led by Rensselaer Professor Nikhil Koratkar, the researchers investigated how the flow of water over surfaces coated with the nanomaterial graphene could generate small amounts of electricity. The research team demonstrated the creation of 85 nanowatts ...
today Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Nanotechnology
- Coming soon: 'Super batteries'
- We're taking two basic, inexpensive materials -- water and graphite -- and making this new nanomaterial with amazing properties," said Li. When used in energy devices, graphene gel significantly outperforms current carbon-based technology , both in ...
today Economic Times - Nanotechnology
- Nanostructured Support Developed for Maintaining MSCs in Undifferentiated ...
- The design used for the reported studies was fabricated by electron beam lithography and processed into the thermoplastic PCL by hot embossing. The importance of the surface topography was further demonstrated by confirming that cells could be ...
today Genetic Engineering News - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology method could aid drug development process
- The nanotechnology could help the development of new drugs by allowing scientists to see how substances affect cells within individual patients. 'We can now monitor how individual cells talk to one another in real time with unprecedented spatial and ...
today The Engineer - Nanotechnology
- A new technology for monitoring cellular interactions at the nanoscale ...
- (Nanowerk News) Using nanotechnology to engineer sensors onto the surface of cells, researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) have developed a platform technology for monitoring single-cell interactions in real-time. ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Clarkson University Team Finds Possible New Means of Diagnosing Cancer
- A Clarkson University team led by Professor Igor Sokolov has found that cancer cells can be identified with very high precision by means of a specific "fractal" analysis of images of cell surface at the nanoscale. Fractals are “self-similar” irregular ...
today Clarkson University News (press release) - Nanotechnology
COMS brings together leaders from all over the world and every sector of industry, all sharing, learning and creating partnerships in an open interactive setting. This is a powerful environment focused on accelerating commercialization activity among established and emerging micro and nano businesses.
COMS focuses primarily on solutions, not just science and technology. It is a hand's on, practical meeting to assist you in bringing your products to market. COMS will provide you with the latest information on technology transfer, manufacturing processes, facilities, infrastructure, investment, applications and markets, as well as covering regulatory issues, social implications, education and workforce development.
- MIG Webinar: Global Analysis of the Current MEMS Market
Online - July 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM ET
A global analysis of MEMS markets with a focus on the supplier landscape
- Technologies for Future Micro and Nano Manufacturing
- 2011-08-08 - 2011-08-10
Stimulating domestic micro and nano manufacturing
- COMS 2011
- 2011-08-28 - 2011-08-31
Commercialization of Micro - Nano Systems
Visit MNX at this event.
- MicroTAS 2011
- 2011-10-02 - 2011-10-06
The 15th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- SENSORS Tech Forum '11 Boston
- 2011-10-10 - 2011-10-12
NASA Tech Briefs Presents SENSORS Tech Forum
- MEMS in Motion Collaboration Summit
- 2011-10-12 - 2011-10-13
Palm Springs, CA
It's not who you know today. It's who you're going to need to know tomorrow.
- MEMS Testing and Reliability Conference
San Jose CA
Increase yields, decrease waste and increase profitability for your company
- MEMS Executive Congress 2011
- 2011-11-02 - 2011-11-03
Connecting the MEMS supply chain with MEMS end-users
Visit MNX at this event.
- IEEE MEMS 2012
- 2012-01-29 - 2012-02-02
Focus on Strategies for Reducing Time and Cost of MEMS Testing
- MEMS Executive Congress 2012
MEMS Industry Group event co-located with Smart Systems Integration
- Hilton Head Workshop 2012
- 2012-06-03 - 2012-06-07
Hilton Head Island, SC
A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop