View Mailing Online
- Swiss Scientists Develop 3D Computer Chips
- These wires pass through tiny openings, called Through-Silicon-Vias (TSV), made in the core of the silicon layer of each chip. “This superposition reduces the distance between circuits, and thus considerably improves the speed of data exchange,” ...
yesterday HPCwire - MEMS technology
- Big Bass Powers Detection of Dropped Beats
- Their proof of concept was a microelectromechanical system (MEMS) capable of sensing pressure. The press release describes how the sensor operates and is charged: The heart of the sensor is a vibrating cantilever, a thin beam attached at one end like a ...
today Medgadget.com - MEMS technology
- imec engineers bio-compatible silicon photonics sensors
- Imec's silicon photonics platform densely integrates photonics and electronics, manufactured on standard microelectronic CMOS manufacturing processes. The high quality and reproducibility of the photonic waveguides and devices with features measuring ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- I-Micronews - MEMS : Schott announces thinner glass wafer for ...
- With MEMpax®, SCHOTT North America, Inc. is now introducing a new, thinner, high quality borosilicate glass to the market for use in micro-electro mechanical systems (MEMS) technology. It will be available in thicknesses ...
today - MEMS business
- VctorNav Introduce New MEMS-Based Orientation Sensor with Improved Software
- The VN-100 Rugged is a miniature, high-performance orientation / inertial sensor built on a 9-axis suite of factory calibrated MEMS accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometers. Its compact design (33 x 26 x 9 mm), low mass (13 g) and robust aluminum ...
yesterday AZoSensors - MEMS business
- Azoteq Announces Sensitivity Breakthrough in Capacitive Proximity Sensing
- R&D in novel micro-electronic designs allows for this groundbreaking sensitivity whilst maintaining industry-leading ESD immunity and low current consumption. “Azoteq's industry-leading sensitivity and robustness open numerous applications, ...
today PR Web (press release) - MEMS business
- Book Discusses Nanomaterial Synthesis by Laser Ablation in Liquids
- By Cameron Chai Research and Markets has included a new book titled 'Laser Ablation in Liquids: Principles and Applications in the Preparation of Nanomaterials' to its list of offering. The book's author is Guowei Yang, who is a Professor of materials ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Graphene Arrays Could Be Perfect Absorbers
- A sheet of tiny structures, such as nanoscale graphene disks, can absorb all incident light of a specific wavelength coming from any direction, theory suggests. Sukosin Thongrattanasiri, Frank HL Koppens, and F. Javier García de Abajo A. Manjavacas ...
today Physics - Nanotechnology
- Carbon Nanotubes Bend and Stretch and Still Conduct
- It seems the most desirable characteristic for electronics at the moment is flexibility, at least as far as nanotechnology research is concerned. Somehow—and I am not sure why—being able to bend electronic devices into various shapes seemed to take ...
yesterday IEEE Spectrum - Nanotechnology
- Researchers Produce Graphene to Suit Organic Chemistry Applications
- Through this novel hydrogenation process, the team restructured the honeycomb lattice of the nanomaterial into a semiconducting two-dimensional superlattice termed as graphane. The hydrogenation process can then be customized to create specific ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology enables new platform for spin physics
- This research is exploring the new platform using most frontier techniques in nanotechnology, including nanomaterial synthesis, nanodevice fabrication and quantum spectroscopy. Harvard University's work appears in Nature research journal.
today New Electronics - Nanotechnology
- Nod to the Nanoscale
- Richard Brutchey, assistant professor of chemistry, was recently lauded for his work as a researcher by ChemComm, a leading chemical sciences journal published by the Royal Society of Chemistry. ChemComm named Brutchey a 2012 Emerging Investigator, ...
today PhysOrg.com (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Hydrogen 'sponge' could extend EV driving range
- DOE researchers are going to the nanoscale to pack more energy into fuel cell vehicles. Lawrence Berkeley National Lab yesterday detailed research plans from a three-year, $2.1 million Department of Energy grant to develop materials that would improve ...
today CNET - Nanotechnology
- Light-emitting nanofibers shine the way for optoelectronic textiles
- nanotechnology, nanotechnology links, nanomaterials, nanomaterial database, nanotechnology news. Click Here! Home · Databases · Nanomaterials · Companies & Laboratories · Degree Programs · Events ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Why Ener1 Went Bankrupt
- It's hard to deny that when Ener1 announced that it had built “a pilot nanotechnology-based manufacturing facility to fabricate electrodes for high discharge rate, lithium-ion batteries” that it sounded like we were about to witness a new successful ...
today IEEE Spectrum - Nanotech business
- Panel Urges Study of Nanomaterial Risks
- January 27, 2012 Panel Urges Study of Nanomaterial Risks Materials are engineered into many products Rosanne Skirble Nanoparticles are really tiny manufactured objects, no bigger than a clump of atoms. They are being engineered into materials with ...
today Voice of America - Nanotech business