View Mailing Online
- Silicon Optical Diode for Quantum Information
- Scaling the device to fit onto microelectronic chips has proved challenging because of the sizable magnetic field and the difficult integration of magneto-optic crystals onto chips. An optical ring resonator, taken with a scanning electron microscope.
yesterday Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Micro motor to power to the Moon on drops of fuel
- Our goal is to set them free,” explains Herbert Shea, coordinator of the European MicroThrust project and director of EPFL's Microsystems for Space Technologies Laboratory. Small satellites are all the rage right now because their manufacturing and ...
today R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- DARPA to combine indium phosphide with silicon ICs »
- High-performance microsystems are vital for a wide variety of Department of Defence (DoD) systems that provide US war fighters in communications, sensing and electronic warfare. Current fabrication technology limits the types of materials and devices ...
yesterday EuroAsia Semiconductor - MEMS technology
- Apple Wins Patents for iOS Cameras & Wireless Synchronization
- Apple has received a Granted Patent that relates to iOS cameras having a microelectronic image sensor array and associated imaging optics, and more particularly, to techniques for controlling an LED-based camera flash in an electronic rolling shutter ...
today Patently Apple - MEMS business
- Block MEMS to Provide LaserScan Analyzers to DoD
- MARLBOROUGH, Mass., April 2, 2012 — Engineering and development company Block MEMS LLC won a contract to provide the Department of Defense its LaserScan analyzer for evaluation in the Multi-Mission Multi-Threat Detection (M3TD) Technology Evaluation ...
yesterday Photonics.com - MEMS business
- Kionix Opts for Eyelit's Integrated Manufacturing Execution Software
- "Eyelit continues to be the preferred solution in the MEMS industry because we provide a cost-effective, highly scalable solution that can handle the production volumes and complexities of semiconductor and MEMS fabrication," stated Dan Estrada, ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- MEMS packaging growth, trends, and special requirements
- Wafer level packaging (WLP) and through-silicon via (TSV) technologies will see the fastest growth, with leadframe and organic laminate-based packages hitting 16% CAGR over the next 5 years. There are plenty of MEMS and sensors to be found in recent ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- IHS: Revenue for digital MEMS microphones to reach $315 Million in 2013
- IHS has estimated the revenue for digital MEMS microphones will reach $315 million in 2013, compared to $261 million for the analog MEMS equivalents. IHS says the market this year still will favor analog MEMS microphones, which are projected to achieve ...
today EE Herald - MEMS business
- MEMS Industry Group Scores Success with MEMS Executive ...
- PITTSBURGH—April 3, 2012—MEMS Industry Group (MIG)'s first MEMS Executive Congress® Europe, held March 20, 2012 in Zurich, was a resounding success. Keynotes by Audi AG and STMicroelectronics and panels on ...
MEMS Industry Group today - MEMS business
- Research and Markets: 2012 Sensors and MEMS Report
- By Business Wire Sensors and MEMS, ICs on micro or nano-scale, are a major piece of the overall semiconductor market and widely used in numerous different end segments. This is a growing market, as the processes for creating semiconductors even smaller ...
yesterday SYS-CON Media (press release) - MEMS business
- Art And Science Collide In Nano Art: Reloaded Project
- Nanotechnology is a science that is being used by most of the Western culture on a daily basis, but the majority of people using do not even know it. People are unaware of the science that goes into making a device like a touchscreen smartphone that ...
today RedOrbit - Nanotechnology
- Power Felt, a nanotechnology fabric from Wake Forest University, could charge ...
- That's the promise of Power Felt, a new creation of nanotechnology researchers at Wake Forest University. It's a fabric, made up of tiny carbon nanotubes locked in flexible plastic fibers, that uses temperature differences to create a charge.
today WPTV - Nanotechnology
- A*STAR researchers create new pressure sensors using nanotechnology
- By Stephen Vagus Researchers from the A*STAR Institute of Microelectronics have constructed new pressure sensors using nanotechnology. Pressure sensors are widely used throughout the world of medicine and mechanics. Such sensors can often be found in ...
yesterday Hydrogen Fuel News - Nanotechnology
- Nanotube scale can weigh a proton
- A team of scientists at the Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology in Spain says its device can detect changes in mass of 1.7 yoctograms - roughly the mass of one proton. It could be an extremely useful tool, they say, in fields such as mass spectrometry, ...
today TG Daily - Nanotechnology
- Osaka University Purchases a NanoInk DPN 5000 System
- Osaka University scientists will harness the power of the DPN 5000 System to develop and fabricate nanoscale plasmonic and nanophotonics devices. The Photonics Advanced Research Center at Osaka University conducts a broad spectrum of research in the ...
today MarketWatch (press release) - Nanotech business
- Israeli invents nanotech printer
- By Yair Mor Landa Corporation on Monday claimed a major breakthrough in digital printing, based on nanotechnology. Benny Landa's company announced what it called an entirely new printing category. The process uses tiny pigment water-based particles ...
yesterday Haaretz - Nanotech business
- Nanotechnology coming into focus April 4-5 in Durham, NC
- Speakers of note include Neal Fowler, CEO of Liquidia; Richard Ridgley, Chief Scientist at the National Reconnaissance Office; Dr. Sally Tinkle, Director of the National Nanotechnology Coordination Office of the National Science and Technology Council; ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
MEPTEC is pleased to be holding their 10th Annual MEMS Technology Symposium
. To celebrate a decade of bringing hundreds of experts and thousands of attendees together, we are going to jumpstart the next decade with a bold prediction: how to reach $1 trillion dollars MEMS market in the next ten years. We hope you will join us at Sensors - A Foundation for Accelerated MEMS Market Growth to $1 Trillion: The Third Industrial Revolution.