View Mailing Online
- Detecting Breast Cancer's Fingerprint in a Droplet of Blood
- A team based in the Dept. of Biomedical Engineering at McGill University's Faculty of Medicine has developed a new microfluidics-based microarray that could one day radically change how and when cancer is diagnosed. Their findings are published in the ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- 'Snail cyborgs' that produce electricity could transform military intelligence
- 'Microelectronic devices can be activated with the micropower from the “electrified snail”,' said Prof Katz. The devices may perform various sensing – video cameras, gas sensors – and can be equipped with wireless transmitters.
yesterday Metro - MEMS technology
- MarketsandMarkets: Global 3D IC and TSV Interconnect Market worth $6.55 ...
- By MarketsandMarkets According to a new market research report "Three-dimensional Integrated Circuit (3D IC/Chip) & Through-Silicon Via (TSV) Interconnects Market - Global Forecast & Trend Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology (Substrate, ...
yesterday Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- Teledyne DALSA Semiconductor Announces Sample & Hold Precision Linear ...
- Using proprietary High Voltage CMOS/DMOS technology, the DH9665A is designed for next-generation, high density, small footprint, low power system requirements using MEMS or MOEMS activation with electrostatic forces. This device showcases Teledyne ...
today SYS-CON Media (press release) - MEMS business
- National Science Foundation Awards Grant to Advance Digital Microfluidics
- By Cameron Chai Researchers, Dr. Eui-Hyeok Yang and Dr. Chang-Hwan Choi from the Stevens Institute of Technology's Department of Mechanical Engineering, have received a grant from the National Science Foundation to advance microfluidics research.
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- ST MEMS revenues nearly double with Apple in customer roster
- April 5, 2012 -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM, ST) expanded its consumer and mobile micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS) lead in 2011, thanks in part to significant sales to Apple Inc. ST enjoys exclusive design wins in the iPhone, iPad and iPod ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- How to Corner the MEMS Market
- The firm has already sold one machine to the National Institute of Standards and Technology and is delivering another to the Defense Microelectronic Activity. Of course, market size wouldn't be a problem for MEMS manufacturers if they could simply ...
today Product Design & Development - MEMS business
- Block MEMS Awarded Contract to Participate in the M3TD Program
- Block MEMS announced it has been awarded a contract by the Department of Defense's Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD) to provide its LaserScan Analyzer for evaluation in the Multi-Mission Multi-Threat ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- First MEMS Executive Congress Europe Highlights Future MEMS Applications
- By Cameron Chai The first MEMS Executive Congress Europe, conducted by MEMS Industry Group on March 20, 2012 in Zurich, was a great success. Over 150 participants of the MEMS Executive Congress Europe got a chance to know about the future MEMS in a ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- Apple granted 17 new patents for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Flash Control for Electronic Rolling Shutter - Relates to a microelectronic image sensor array and imaging optics, and the LED-based camera flash in iOS cameras. Apparatus and Method for Compensating for Variations in Digital Cameras - Regards ...
today Network World - MEMS business
- Photonic MEMS switch maker CALIENT names engineering head
- CALIENT enables photonic networks with its 3D micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) switches, which have shown 8 years of successful continuous operation in more than 80000 optical terminations. In late 2011, CALIENT raised a $19.4 million round of ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Intel to Start DDR4 Usage with Server Platforms in 2014.
- As a result, to enable highest-possible memory capacities, DRAM makers will make high-capacity DDR4 chips using through-silicon-via (TSV) technology that will allow to increase capacity of memory chips at a very fast rate. For servers, special switches ...
today X-bit Labs - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: "Nanoscale magnetic media ...
- Trapped beneath the magnetic tip of a microscale cantilever, spin waves can be used to non-destructively measure the properties of magnetic materials and search for nanoscale defects, especially in multilayer magnetic ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology-equipped cell phones detect harmful airborne substances
- (Nanowerk News) The lab of a University of California, Riverside Bourns College of Engineering professor was named on Tuesday, April 3 after Innovation Economy Corporation, a Riverside company that plans to commercialize his research focused on using ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Leaps Forward With New Cancer Drug
- By Mike Tuttle · 49 mins ago · Leave a Comment A team of scientists, engineers and physicians have found promising effects of a first-in-class targeted cancer drug called BIND-014 in treating solid tumors. BIND-014 is the first targeted and programmed ...
today WebProNews - Nanotechnology
- Give graphene a squeeze to get electricity
- The Stanford University team's engineered graphene has, for the first time, extended such fine physical control to the nanoscale. “The physical deformations we can create are directly proportional to the electrical field applied and this represents a ...
yesterday Futurity: Research News - Nanotechnology
- Novel functional nanoarchitectures based on nanotube-bridged wires
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) On-wire lithography (OWL) is a recently developed nanotechnology fabrication technique that allows researchers to synthesize billions of gapped nanowires with nanometer control of gap length, within a single experiment.
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- 3D printing method for polymer features at a resolution of just 10 nanometers ...
- 'Currently, there is no real three-dimensional fabrication method on the nanoscale,' said lead investigator Joachim Fischer of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). 'The only thing you can do is you can stack two-dimensional stuff on top of each ...
yesterday Next Big Future - Nanotechnology
- US Nanotechnology Market Leading Globally
- The global nanotechnology market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% since 2011, says RNCOS. Noida, UP -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/04/2012 -- According to a new research report titled “Nanotechnology Market Forecast to 2014”, by RNCOS, ...
yesterday SBWire (press release) - Nanotech business
- Nano-Nano: Beyond Mork and Mindy into Inspirational Education
- The College of NanoScale Science and Engineering (CNSE), New York University at Albany covers just about any and everything Nano. It concentrates on nanoscience, nanoengineering, nanobioscience and nanoeconomics. It is the first college in the world ...
today Bright Side of News* (blog) - Nanotech business
- Nanotechnology Company Rolith, Inc. Receives $5 Million Investment
- "We are very fortunate to have the support of world's leading glass producer, AGC (Asahi Glass Company) Group, and DFJ VTB Capital Aurora, a highly reputable nanotechnology investor associated with one of the major Russia's banking groups, ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
MEPTEC and MEMS Investor Journal are joining forces to present the inaugural MEMS Business Forum. Join us to hear from leading experts in MEMS business, academia and technology who will discuss emerging MEMS applications enabled by the next generation of MEMS technologies.