View Mailing Online
- Self-calibrating MEMS override manufacturing variations
- July 18, 2012 -- Purdue University researchers have demonstrated self-calibrating micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS), which enable higher accuracy for existing and new MEMS applications. “Each MEMS device is slightly different due to variations ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- MEMS sensor targets motion detection in smartphones and tablets
- Aiming to speed the development of wearable sensor applications, STMicroelectronics has unveiled a miniature 6 axis MEMS sensor device with motion recognition capabilities. Designed to initiate applications by identifying specific gestures, the LSM330 ...
yesterday New Electronics - MEMS technology
- Mound Laser Breaks Ground on New Facility
- MLPC is fabricating micromechanical components using a 3-D laser micromachine to mimic small structures, insect parts and surfaces that occur in nature. The focus is on micro air vehicle and medical device fabrication, as well as on other commercial, ...
yesterday Photonics.com - MEMS business
- SVTC Technologies and SUSS MicroTec Partner to Accelerate ...
- This partnership will also enable the two companies to jointly develop and characterize new lithography and wafer-bonding technologies. This partnership represents a unique opportunity for our mutual customers to gain ...
admin today - MEMS business
- Researchers Develop Synthetic Uniform Subnanometer Pore that Acts as ...
- A multi-institute research team has created a synthetic nanotube that functions as a nanoscale sieve as it allows selective ion transport like Mother Nature's potassium ion channels, which are essential components of almost all living cells.
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Researchers develop rapid diagnostic test for pathogens, contaminants
- Using nanoscale materials, researchers at the University of Georgia have developed a single-step method to rapidly and accurately detect viruses, bacteria and chemical contaminants. In a series of studies, the scientists were able to detect compounds ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale scaffolds and stem cells show promise in cartilage repair
- Here we present fibrous scaffolds composed of poly(vinyl alcohol) and the biological cue chondroitin sulfate with fiber dimensions on the nanoscale for application to articular cartilage repair. The unique, low-density nature of the described nanofiber ...
today Next Big Future - Nanotechnology
The AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition will be held October 28-November 2, 2012, at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida. Highlights include an extensive collection of technical sessions, exhibitor technology spotlights, short courses, and a free to attend equipment exhibition.