View Mailing Online
- Accelerometer placement – where and why « MEMSblog
- By Michael Stanley Originally posted on Freescale's The Embedded Beat blog A question that should be asked during physical design of any product incorporating sensors is: “Where should be sensors be located within the ...
MEMS Industry Group yesterday - MEMS technology
- NIST promotes lab-on-chip testing standard dev
- Standardized testing and measurement methods, Stavis said, will enable MEMS LOC manufacturers to accurately determine important physical characteristics of LOC devices such as dimensions, electrical surface properties, and fluid flow rates and ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- 3D-printed miniaturised fluidic devices
- Cronin believes that the scope for 3D-printed milli-devices is huge and the team is currently working towards expanding the versatility of the devices. 'Until now the use of microfluidics has been limited to specialist groups and we hope very much that ...
today Chemistry World - MEMS technology
- STMicroelectronics Extends MEMS Sensor Portfolio With Tiny 3-Axis ...
- GENEVA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/09/12 -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics.
admin today - MEMS technology
- Researchers Observe New Phenomenon in Mesoscale Magnetic Vortex ...
- ... Scientists Discover Photovoltages in Ferroelectrics Materials Using Bismuth Ferrite Ultrathin Films · Researchers Develop Graphene Metamaterial-Based Micro-Scale Device · Researchers Introduce Hard X-ray Angle-Resolved PhotoEmission Spectroscopy ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- London Calling: MEMS the word
- Let's hear it for two of the guys pioneering some of the new applications for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) components, namely SiTime and WiSpry. WiSpry Inc. (Irvine, Calif.), a ten year old private company that is pioneering tunable RF ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- Trimble Launches AP20-C GNSS Inertial OEM Module with MEMS Inertial Sensors
- Using a compact, custom-built IMU based on commercial Micro Electromechanical Machined (MEMS) inertial sensors, the AP20-C enables system integrators to achieve high-rate position and orientation measurements with exceptional accuracy, Trimble said ...
yesterday GPS World magazine - MEMS technology
- NIST focuses on testing standards to support lab on a chip commercialization
- NIST focuses on testing standards to support lab on a chip commercialization. August 9, 2012. NIST focuses on testing standards to support lab on a chip commercialization. Enlarge. This is a microfluidic lab on a chip device sitting on a polystyrene dish.
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- MEMS Market Tripled from 2009 to 2011, Where Will The Growth Come From ...
- 7, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The global market for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) tripled from 2009 to 2011, and is forecast to reach $5.4 billion by 2017. Industry watchers, investors, businesses, regulators, and aspiring entrepreneurs ...
yesterday Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- Block Engineering Partners with SKAE and Pembroke for Quantum Cascade ...
- About Block MEMS LLC: Block MEMS, LLC is an engineering and development company focusing on the R&D of high performance Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs) and FTIR spectrometers. Following the success of its commercial-off-the-shelf passive FTIR ...
today Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- The 18th World Micromachine Summit (MMS 2012) - blog*spot
- The Micromachine Summit (was first organized in 1995) provides the latest snapshot of a Micro-Nano (including MEMS) Technology to the worldwide industrial, academic and governmental initiatives. Delegations from the most important ...
MMC yesterday - MEMS business
- GII offers 3 Yole reports on MEMS applications and growth trends
- This report forecasts continued strong growth in motion sensing and microfluidics as those sectors will increasingly come to dominate the MEMS market totals, making up almost half of the overall market in 2017, with accelerometers, gyros, magnetometers ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Industrial Nanotech Launches New Nanocoating to Cool and Protect Decks
- NAPLES, Fla., Aug 08, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. (Pink Sheets:INTK), an emerging global leader in nanotechnology based energy saving and sustainable solutions announced today that the Company has launched a new product, ...
yesterday CNBC.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology in Solar Power
- Solar panels are one of the most popular forms of renewable energy. They are increasingly being used by individual households and businesses to produce some of their own electricity, particularly in warm countries, and more eco-conscious countries like ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Buckliballs, Origami Lobsters and The Science Of Instability
- The technology used to create buckliballs is being heralded as a new approach to engineering and could be used to create gadgets, such as a tent that springs automatically from a backpack, to micro-scale projects such as drug-delivery capsules. Another ...
yesterday iScienceTimes.com - Nanotechnology
- AM Vitals: Nanotechnology Used to Repair Damaged Heart Tissue
- Here's what's making health news this morning: Novel Cure for Ailing Hearts (WSJ): Scientists used nanotechnology to repair tissues damaged in heart attacks in rats and pigs, suggesting a possible new way to treat people who've suffered the same ailment.
today Wall Street Journal (blog) - Nanotechnology
- Novel X-ray Imaging Technique Enhances Quality of Nanomaterial Images
- A new imaging technique employing X-ray diffraction has been developed at the London Center of Nanotechnology that has led to the successful three-dimensional imaging of gold nanocrystals. The quality of images of nanomaterials has been significantly ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Researchers explore Li-air battery reversibility on the nanoscale
- “We believe this work paves the way for studying irreversible or quasi-reversible nanoscale electrochemistry – in materials systems ranging from Li-air batteries to more established fields such as corrosion, electroplating, and many others,” Kalinin ...
yesterday Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Charge separation in silver clusters
- Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) users from the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne in Switzerland, working with the Argonne National Laboratory's CNM Nanophotonics Group, have demonstrated the existence of long-lived charge-separated ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology may hold the key to hydrogen's future
- Researchers from various institutions have been working to address these issues and many have been met with mixed results. Those that have conducted experiments in the field of nanotechnology suggest that the technology could hold the key to solving ...
today Hydrogen Fuel News - Nanotechnology
Save the date for the eighth annual MEMS Executive Congress US, to be held in Scottsdale, Arizona!
Sign up for the MIG newsletter
to make sure that you receive the latest updates about this exciting new event.