View Mailing Online
- Freescale MEMS sensors target mobile
- PORTLAND, Ore. – As smart touchscreen devices shrink in price and size, MEMS motions sensors must keep pace. To that end, Freescale Semiconductor recently introduced a smaller, cheaper MEMS device the company claims does not compromise on ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- Chip-Scale Gyroscope fosters smart electronics integration.
- Geneva - STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and the world's top MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) manufacturer, has unveiled its smallest, ...
today ThomasNet Industrial News Room (press release) - MEMS technology
- Meet Meshworm, the resilient earthworm robot from DARPA and MIT
- Meet Meshworm, the latest robot from the big brains at MIT, Harvard, and Seoul National University. He's a little fellow, about the length of your hand and he inches along the ground, nice and slow, like an oversized robotic maggot. But while Meshworm ...
yesterday Los Angeles Times - MEMS technology
- Device mimics brain, spares mice in quest for new drug therapies
- Instead of using laboratory mice to test new drug therapies, scientists will put human cells into microfabricated bioreactors that mimic how organs respond to experimental medicines. This new technology could speed up drug development, cut costs and ...
yesterday The News Journal - MEMS technology
- Electromechanical relays still have much to offer
- The rise of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) construction is helping to keep the traditional relay concept going – but on a much smaller scale. The operating principle is the same as that of an electromechanical relay, although the reduction in ...
today New Electronics - MEMS technology
- Apple and Samsung are Top Consumer & Mobile MEMS Buyers
- Ltd. remained the two largest buyers of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices (http://www.isuppli.com/MEMS-and-Sensors/News/Pages/Apple-and-Samsung-Are-Top-Consumer-Mobile-MEMS-Buyers.aspx) for consumer and mobile applications in ...
today Equities.com - MEMS business
- Can DARPA's Strategy Help Motorola Compete Again?
- Google's layoff of 4000 Motorola Mobility workers today—just three months after buying the company for $12.5 billion—is the first step in a high-stakes bet that it can reinvent Motorola as a competitor to Apple and Samsung using cutting-edge new ...
yesterday Technology Review - MEMS business
- Attend MEMS Executive Congress: Keynotes on MEMS in our world
- August 13, 2012 -- MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host MEMS Executive Congress 2012, the annual business conference and networking event for the MEMS industry, November 7-8, 2012 in Scottsdale, AZ. Keynote speakers include: Ajith Amerasekera, ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Nano, photonic research gets boost from 3D visualization tech
- This new technique expands the range of X-ray research possible for biology and many aspects of nanotechnology, particularly nanofilms, photonics, and micro- and nano-electronics. This new technique also reduces "guesswork" by eliminating the need for ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- New Technique for Creating Sharp Color Images at Nanoscale
- A colored nanoscale rendition of a standard test image used in image processing experiments - (a) Before the addition of metal in the nanostructures, the image has only grayscale tones as observed under an optical microscope. (b) Colors are observed ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Ultrafast Camera Renews Promise Of Blood Test For Early Cancer Detection
- Northwestern researchers are analyzing tissue at the nano--as opposed to the micro--scale to root out cells whose nuclei have greatly expanded or otherwise show irregularities that could be signs of impending malignancy. Northwestern's approach, led by ...
yesterday Huffington Post - Nanotechnology
- Bruker Introduces Solution for Organic Photovoltaics Research
- Bruker today announced the release of the Photoconductive Atomic Force Microscopy (pcAFM) module for its industry leading Dimension Icon® platform. The new accessory enables sample illumination while performing nanoscale electrical characterization.
today Virtual-Strategy Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. Continues Global Expansion in Oil & Gas Market ...
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. (Pink Sheets:INTK), an emerging global leader in nanotechnology based energy saving solutions, today announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with Anticorrosion Protective Systems (M) Sdn Bhd (APS) to serve ...
today Virtual-Strategy Magazine - Nanotech business
September 12-13, 2012. Meet with the best, the brightest, the innovative; they are the hard-to-reach industry thought-leaders.
At MEMS in Motion, you won't have to hope you'll make the right connections -- you'll know long before you arrive!