View Mailing Online
- Technical Challenges Slowing 3D TSV Adoption
- AUSTIN, TX – Use of 3D thin silicon vias is slowing, despite a strong desire to use the technology, a new study finds. While the drivers for 3D ICs remain constant, the timeline for adoption keeps shifting into the future, says TechSearch International.
today Circuits Assembly - MEMS technology
- Spirent Announces GNSS/MEMS Simulation Software
- Spirent Communications has launched of its SimSENSOR MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical system) sensor simulation software. SimSENSOR is targeted at the R&D environment and enables performance testing of sensor fusion algorithms in navigation ...
yesterday Inside GNSS - MEMS technology
- Photovoltaics that fit
- To fabricate these cells, Sandia's MEPV team have combined microfabrication techniques from several microsystem technologies. The process flow uses standard equipment and standard wafer thicknesses and allows all high-temperature processing to be ...
today R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- MEMS sensors target ever smaller mobile devices
- Looking to meet demand for compact acceleration sensors in ever smaller mobile devices, Freescale has released two new three axis MEMS based accelerometers in 2 x 2mm packages. With a 56% reduction in volume from the previous generation, the pin ...
today New Electronics - MEMS technology
- The Benefits of Polyalkylene Carbonate Binders (QPAC) in Low Temperature ...
- Thick Film technology is used in the manufacture of plasma displays, ceramic packaging, optical sensors, ceramic circuitry, electronic chip components, solar cells, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and hermetic packaging, amongst others. Thick ...
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- Apple and Samsung remain top consumer and mobile MEMS buyers, IHS finds
- Apple and Samsung Electronics remained the two largest buyers of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices for consumer and mobile applications in 2011, according to IHS iSuppli. Apple and Samsung last year accounted for a combined 37% of the ...
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Groundbreaking Application for InvenSense® Gyro in World's First Motion ...
- InvenSense, Inc. (NYSE: INVN), the leading provider of MotionTracking devices, announced that its MEMS Gyroscope product is being used in the world's first motion-activated screwdriver, that controls variable speed and direction, and was announced ...
today Virtual-Strategy Magazine - MEMS business
- DARPA seeks new frontiers in ultrafast sources
- DARPA, the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, has announced the creation of its Program in Ultrafast Laser Science and Engineering (PULSE). The program is intended to develop novel ultrafast sources of radiation that can offer ...
today Optics.org - MEMS business
- Nano breakthrough boosts data security
- Traditional electronic data storage methods use three physical dimensions. Two additional methods for recording information use polarisation and the colour spectrum. Both methods use nanotechnology in which Swinburne is a world leader. "If you look at ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanostructures to realize hydrogen's energy potential
- Researchers from the Materials Energy Research Laboratory in nanoscale (MERLin) at UNSW have synthesized nanoparticles of a commonly overlooked chemical compound called sodium borohydride and encased these inside nickel shells.
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- How Nanotechnology Is Changing How You Eat And Taste
- You might think of the tiny tech as purely industrial, but scientists are incorporating nanotechnology into food at a rapid pace, for everything from making food taste saltier without using more salt to making it harder for your body to absorb cholesterol.
today Co.Exist - Nanotechnology
- Nanomaterial to store 'future fuel'
- Nanomaterial to store 'future fuel'. The University of New South Wales. Thursday, 16 August 2012. davidf_-_hydrogen. Hydrogen, considered a major fuel of the future, could be used to power buildings, portable electronics and vehicles. Image: davidf/ ...
today ScienceAlert - Nanotechnology
- Bruker Introduce Photoconductive Atomic Force Microscopy Module
- "Nanoscale structure and properties are at the core of key OLED and OPV performance parameters," added David V. Rossi, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Bruker's AFM Business. "Our new pcAFM module builds on our exclusive ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
Microfluidics 2012. The first Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications.
Join us at the Biltmore Hotel, Santa Clara CA on October 17, 2012. microfluidics2012.com