View Mailing Online
- Parallel Dip-Pen Nanolithography
- “This technique is less expensive than other device-driven lithography techniques used for microfabrication because the cantilevers do not rely on electronic components to bring the cantilevers into contact with the substrate surface,” Ivanisevic says.
2012-08-31 Next Big Future - MEMS technology
- Sensor fusion and MEMS for 10-DoF solutions
- Now, sensors and particularly MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical-systems) sensors are becoming a part of that discussion thanks to their proliferation in both smartphones and tablets. As an illustration, Table 1 shows the number of sensors incorporated ...
yesterday EE Times - MEMS technology
- EV Group launches next-generation EVG150 automated resist processing ...
- EV Group launches next-generation EVG150 automated resist processing platform for compound semiconductors, MEMS, and advanced packaging. EV Group (EVG) of St Florian, Austria, a supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment, has ...
today Semiconductor Today - MEMS technology
- Silicon Chip Enables Mass-Manufacture of Quantum Technologies
- Ultimately this technology could be integrated with conventional microelectronic circuits, and could one day allow the development of hybrid conventional/quantum microprocessors. The Bristol-led team have developed quantum chips from silicon—the same ...
today Laboratory Equipment - MEMS technology
- Purdue Researchers Beef up Phone Nanofilters to Fight Dropped Calls
- The NEMS device is created using silicon-on-insulator (SOI) -- a standard production process compatible with complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor technology (CMOS). T filter made by the Purdue team is a tiny silicon beam that is 2 microns (2 um) ...
2012-09-01 DailyTech - MEMS technology
- Bosch sprouts new market with MEMS lawnmower
- It's the Friday before the long Labor Day holiday weekend, and per a multi-generational family tradition I'm heading for the Maine coast. Tucked way in the back of our utility shed is a vintage reel mower that still works, meaning it's not immobilized ...
2012-08-31 ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS technology
- XTRION N.V. Completes MicroGen Series A Round
- XTRION has holdings in multi-national semiconductor and MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) companies, including a presence in the United States, Europe and Asia. XTRION Managing Director Rudi De Winter commented: "MicroGen's core principal ...
today Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- Memscap partners with Chinese MEMS startup
- LONDON – Microelectromechanical system (MEMS) component maker Memscap SA (Grenoble, France) said it has formed a partnership with Hanking Group to expand sales of the MUMPS multiproject wafer service in China.
2012-08-31 - MEMS business
- Cohu's Semiconductor Equipment Group Introduces New Solutions for Mobile ...
- Cohu is a supplier of test handling, burn-in, thermal subsystems and MEMS test solutions used by the global semiconductor industry as well as a supplier of microwave communications and video equipment. More information: www.cohu.com. ((Comments on ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- DCG Systems Wins Multimillion-Dollar Contract for Viper System for 20nm ...
- With more than 1200 systems deployed worldwide, DCG Systems delivers the most comprehensive and advanced systems available to enhance the yield and efficiency of today's micro-fabrication technologies. DCG's solutions include: circuit edit (CE ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - MEMS business
- Research Report on MEMS Market
- Reportlinker.com has added a new market research report titled, “The Mobile Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) Market 2012-2017: Smartphones, Tablets, Netbooks, E-readers, Ultra books” to its product offering. The report offers a detailed analysis ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- Portland Laser Startup Forms Global Technology Alliance for Glass, LED ...
- The company has pioneered the development of high power picosecond lasers for industrial micromachining and is a globally recognized leader in this quickly growing market segment. A worldwide network of representatives supports global marketing and ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS business
- IPG Photonics Acquires JPSA
- Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed; the business will operate under the name IPG Microsystems LLC. Manchester, N.H.-based JPSA supplies ultraviolet excimer and diode-pumped solid-state (DPSS) industrial laser micromachining systems for ...
today Photonics.com - MEMS business
- STMicroelectronics Continues to Drive MEMS Market and Application ...
- TAIPEI, TAIWAN -- (Marketwire) -- 09/04/12 -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and the world's top MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) manufacturer, ...
today Equities.com - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology-based magnesium materials for vehicles, airplanes and satellites
- Nanotechnology-based magnesium materials for vehicles, airplanes and satellites. (Nanowerk News) Materials scientists of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht develop new magnesium materials for vehicles, airplanes and satellitesin the EU-project EXOMET ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale biosensor measures glucose without needle pricks
- Nanoscale biosensor measures glucose without needle pricks. (Nanowerk News) Pricking a finger everyday is just part of everyday life for many diabetes patients. A non-invasive measurement approach could release them from the constant pain of pin pricks.
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Electronics play by new set of rules at the molecular scale
- When the molecule offers two pathways in parallel, the wave-like movement of an electron can dramatically change the way conductance adds up. For several years, experts in nanotechnology have suspected—but not proven—that quantum interference ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- New class of 3-D optical cavities demonstrated
- Nanoscale three-dimensional optical cavities made from metamaterials can generate the most powerful nanolaser beams to date. This new class of optical cavities, with remarkable electromagnetic properties, holds promise for a variety of other ...
2012-09-01 Photonics.com - Nanotechnology
- Extremely water repellent graphene foams
- Understanding these mechanics, and using nanotechnology to structure surfaces to control wetting, has a far-reaching impact for many objects and applications in our daily lives - anti-sticking pans; low-friction coatings for engine parts; more ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
Call for Papers for SPIE MOEMS-MEMS 2013, part of SPIE Photonics West, 2 - 7 February 2013, San Francisco, California. This important conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Submit an abstract on your microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research.
Abstracts are due July 2013.
- Healthcare is Brimming with Opportunities for MEMS
Webinar: 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
- MIG Workshop at BSAC Fall 2012 Conference
- 2012-09-19 - 2012-09-21
UC Berkeley, CA
MEMS Product Development Challenges - Sweet Dreams and Nightmares
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN