View Mailing Online
- STMicroelectronics Enables "The Next Step" in Precision 3D Location Sensing
- Manufacturing the device in this way eliminates wafer-to-wafer bonding and maximizes reliability. The sensing element in the LPS331AP is based on a flexible silicon membrane formed above an air cavity with a controlled gap and defined internal pressure.
today Reuters - MEMS technology
- Silicon chip based new approach to quantum computing
- nanotechnology, nanotechnology links, nanomaterials, nanomaterial database, nanotechnology news. Click Here! Home; News. Nanotechnology News (complete) · Nanotechnology News (general/research) ...
yesterday - MEMS technology
- MEMS-based VCSEL reaches record 150 nm tuning range
- ... a microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)-based 1310 nm widely tunable vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL) from Praevium Research (Santa Barbara, CA), Thorlabs (Newton, NJ), Advanced Optical Microsystems (AOMicro; Mountain View, CA), ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS technology
- Welcome to zinc based electronics and electrics
- On the other hand, piezoelectric properties of ZnO are of interest for sensors and electricity generators on the micro scale. Zinc Selenide is at the core of a new fiber optic cable to improve performance. In our report, some consideration is also ...
yesterday Printed Electronics World - MEMS technology
- 'Biohybrid' solar cell runs on spinach power
- Another potential advantage of these biohybrid cells is that they can be made from cheap and readily available materials, unlike many microelectronic devices that require rare and expensive materials like platinum or indium. Most plants use the same ...
today Futurity: Research News - MEMS technology
- Fraunhofer's Miniscule Glucose Sensor Could Mean the End of Finger Pricks
- However, researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems have developed a sensor that could make fingersticks join the ranks of antiquated medical procedures of yesteryear. This new glucose sensor includes technology ...
today Medgadget.com - MEMS technology
- German semiconductor company Singulus forms $12M partnership with CNSE
- Singulus Technologies, a German manufacturer of semiconductor equipment, is forming a $12 million partnership with the University at Albany's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering. Singulus will locate 20 researchers at the nanocollege's Albany ...
today Bizjournals.com - MEMS business
- An interview with Stevan Jovanovich, CEO, IntegenX
- Jovanovich: I sat down with [colleagues] Dennis Harris and Rich Mathies (Rich is now the Dean of Chemistry at Berklee) and a number of [Rich's] inventions had been licensed by Molecular Dynamics … but he had also moved into micro-fabrication so we ...
today Biometric Update - MEMS business
- XTRION NV completes MicroGen series A round
- XTRION has holdings in multi-national semiconductor and MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) companies, including a presence in the United States, Europe and Asia. XTRION Managing Director Rudi De Winter commented: "MicroGen's core principal ...
yesterday Energy Harvesting Journal - MEMS business
- IPG buys JPSA, broadens laser tech systems reach
- JPSA specializes in advanced laser micromachining, micro cutting, scribing, and laser lift-off for semiconductors, microfluidics, LEDs, thin-film solar panels, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), biomedical technology, and industrial automation ...
yesterday Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS business
- Ericsson invests $3M in Cambridge MEMS startup, Sand 9
- Cambridge-based microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) company Sand 9 Inc. has gotten $3 million in an extension of its Series C round, this time coming from Sweden-based telecommunications equipment maker Ericsson Inc. (Nasdaq: ERIC).
today Bizjournals.com (blog) - MEMS business
- STMicroelectronics Continues to Drive MEMS Market and Application ...
- Taipei, Taiwan, September 4, 2012 - STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and the world's top MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) manufacturer, today ...
yesterday Reuters - MEMS business
- Nanosystems engineering center will create self-powered sensors
- (Nanowerk News) North Carolina State University will lead a national nanotechnology research effort to create self-powered devices to help people monitor their health and understand how the surrounding environment affects it, the National Science ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology breakthrough could impact on life-like telepresense
- The current crop of "3D" or "Holographic" telepresence systems are neither of those, but are based on the Pepper's Ghost illusion. Projection films such as Musion's Eyeliner are combined with projectors and mirrors to create life-sized and life-like ...
today InAVate - Nanotechnology
- EU Nano Nano-Electro-Mechanical Integration And Computation project
- The NEMIAC (Nano-Electro-Mechanical Integration And Computation) project aims to develop a process based on what it calls nano-electromechanical (NEMS) switches suitable for embedded systems and offering 3-D integration with CMOS.
yesterday Next Big Future - Nanotechnology
- Researchers Create Anode Material from Waste Silicon Using Nanotechnology
- By Gary Thomas. Pulickel Ajayan, Rice University's M. and Mary Greenwood Anderson Professor in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and of Chemistry, has used high-value but hard-to-recycle silicon to fabricate forests of nanowires, paving the ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology in Explosive Detection
- Nanotechnology is providing the means for researchers and companies to create sensor devices which will make a huge difference to the way these battles are fought. Whilst the technology is some way off commercial use, the military applications mean ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- HzO Among 2012's Top Nanotech Innovators
- HzO received honors as a top Emerging Innovator in recognition of WaterBlockTM, a proprietary nanotechnology that invisibly protects electronics and sensitive materials from water, humidity, and other liquids. “We redefine the way electronics can be ...
today The Herald | HeraldOnline.com - Nanotech business
Advanced Lithography 2013 features the latest research and technological advancements in semiconductor lithography including: advanced etch technology and nanopatterning; extreme ultraviolet lithography; metrology; inspection and process control for microlithography; advances in resist materials and processing technology; and optical microlithography. The call for papers opens in May 2012, with the conferences and exhibition held in San Jose, California, 24-28 February 2013.
- Healthcare is Brimming with Opportunities for MEMS
Webinar: 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
- MIG Workshop at BSAC Fall 2012 Conference
- 2012-09-19 - 2012-09-21
UC Berkeley, CA
MEMS Product Development Challenges - Sweet Dreams and Nightmares
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN