View Mailing Online
- DARPA PULSE program
- Ultrafast laser research has produced some elegant science, from slicing time into incredibly thin slivers to generating combs of frequencies uniformly spaced across a wide band of the spectrum. These capabilities, in turn, have led to a similarly wide ...
2012-09-07 Laser Focus world (blog) - MEMS technology
- SiN optical wavelength converter is oh so quiet
- Researchers from the NIST Centre for Nanoscale Science and Technology have demonstrated a low-noise device for changing the wavelength of light using nanofabricated waveguides created on a silicon-based platform using standard planar fabrication ...
today Compound Semiconductor - MEMS technology
- Hitachi "Powder"/"Dust" µ-Chip Ultra-Small Micro RFID Chip with Embedded ...
- ... to reduce the distance between each individual circuit element, and, using an embedded antenna, can likely be applied to military Smartdust wireless MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) sensors in order to detect light, temperature and vibrations.
today Defense Review - MEMS technology
- Biosensor monitors glucose from fluids other than blood
- Developed by researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS, the new body-worn biosensor overcomes the limitations of previous devices that were said to be too big, imprecise and consumed too much power. According ...
today The Engineer - MEMS technology
- STMicro gearing up for MEMS microphones
- STMicro in 2011 started shipping MEMS microphones to Nokia, and has also entered the supply chain of several notebook brands, said Vigna. Despite its late entry, STMicro has ramped up substantially its MEMS microphone shipments and will continue to ...
yesterday Digitimes - MEMS business
- SPTS Leading the Way in Via Reveal Etch Solutions
- Via reveal, or post-TSV processing occurs after the through silicon vias (TSVs) are formed. The wafer is then temporarily bonded, face down, onto a carrier and ground typically to within 5-10 micrometre of the buried TSV's. The ground Si surface is ...
2012-09-07 ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- This African Fruit Produces the World's Most Intense Natural Color
- This African Fruit Produces the World's Most Intense Natural Color. Pollia condensata, native to Africa, uses nanoscale-sized structures to produce the most intense color ever studied in biological tissue. Image via PNAS. The tiny, rock-hard fruits of ...
today Smithsonian (blog) - Nanotechnology
- Nano sized biosensor measures glucose without needle pricks
- Engineered by a team at the Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS, the biosensor combines measurement and digital analysis, and can transmit data wirelessly to a mobile device. Located on the patient's body, it measures ...
2012-09-07 New Electronics - Nanotechnology
- Nanoparticle approach to simultaneously deliver proteins and DNA into plant cells
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) Nanotechnology is gaining significant interest in plant sciences with research focusing on investigating plant genomics and gene function as well as improving crop species. The impact on agriculture could be dramatic. Most of the ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Molecular nanotechnology: Computer chip developed from seasquirt molecules
- Scientists from the University of Aberdeen's Marine Biodiscovery Centre and the University of St Andrews today presented their work on the components of a new type of computer chip created using molecules from a sea squirt sourced from the bottom of ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- New process creates infrared LEDs using quantum dots
- Their work was featured in a recent issue of Nature Nanotechnology ("Bright infrared quantum-dot light-emitting diodes through inter-dot spacing control"; free access). Sun, the leader of the project funded by the National Science Foundation when he ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for
Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- Healthcare is Brimming with Opportunities for MEMS
Webinar: 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
- MIG Workshop at BSAC Fall 2012 Conference
- 2012-09-19 - 2012-09-21
UC Berkeley, CA
MEMS Product Development Challenges - Sweet Dreams and Nightmares
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN