View Mailing Online
- ST shrinks MEMS gyro by 50% for smart clothes
- STMicroelectronics has recently introduced its smallest and lowest power chip-scale MEMS gyroscope for advanced motion-sensing applications. The L3GD20H gyroscope measures 3x3mm and 1mm high, the device occupies little over half the volume of its ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- IFTLE 115: No nickels; SCP quals low-volume TSV manufacturing; 3D IC ...
- STATS ChipPAC (SCP) has announced that its "TSV capabilities have achieved a new milestone with the qualification of its 300mm mid-end manufacturing operation and transition to low-volume manufacturing." [link] Reportedly SCP is engaged with multiple ...
today ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS technology
- Explained: Femtoseconds and attoseconds
- The most common are in the micromachining of materials and in Lasik eye surgery—which was enabled by the development of robust femtosecond pulsed lasers. These extremely short pulses made it possible to deposit high energy to destroy material such ...
today R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- Choosing a MEMS Foundry « MEMSblog
- By Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group While micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) industry leaders such as STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, Hewlett Packard, Robert Bosch and Kionix rely ...
MEMS Industry Group today - MEMS business
- CrossFiber Purchases All Intellectual Property and Inventory of Photonic ...
- San Diego, California (PRWEB) September 18, 2012. CrossFiber Inc. disclosed that the Company now owns the entire patent portfolio, invention and lab notebooks, manufacturing knowhow and 2D MEMS switch inventory of OMM. OMM was the inventor and ...
today Equities.com - MEMS business
- Smart fluids could lead to self-assembling computer chips
- According to Eric M. Furst, professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering at the University of Delaware, engineers and scientists are closer to making this and other scalable forms of nanotechnology a reality as a result of new milestones in using ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Coated nanoparticles move easily into brain tissue
- ... prevent drug-embedded particles from sticking to their surroundings so that they can spread once they are in the brain,” said Justin Hanes, Lewis J. Ort Professor of Ophthalmology and project leader in the Johns Hopkins Center of Cancer ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Advanced Nanoscale Technologies Can Reduce DNA Sequencing Costs
- By Will Soutter. The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has announced grants of nearly $19 million for developing technologies that could drastically bring down DNA sequencing costs.
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nano-safety studies urged in China
- China's investment in nanotechnology has grown rapidly during the past decade, and its tally of patent applications in the field has surpassed those of Europe and the United States (see 'Patent boom'). But only 3% of the investment is used for safety ...
today Nature.com - Nanotech business
The 9th international conference, 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging, brings together technology and business leaders from around the world to take a look at the technology and market landscape for emerging 3-D device and systems integration and interconnect. Today, questions around 3-D solutions increasingly focus on when, not if, the industry will see product introduction and high volume manufacturing. Products based on 3-D chip scale packaging have already made significant inroads, in particular for image sensors, and 2.5-D devices with interposers, e.g. in FPGAs, are also seeing market introduction, and very healthy market growth for such uses is widely anticipated. Register now at techventure.rti.org
- MIG Workshop at BSAC Fall 2012 Conference
- 2012-09-19 - 2012-09-21
UC Berkeley, CA
MEMS Product Development Challenges - Sweet Dreams and Nightmares
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN