View Mailing Online
- Solar Energy Glitters at Sandia National Laboratories
- Greg Nielson has developed Microsystems-Enabled Photovoltaic (MEVP) cells that are around the size of glitter. According to Nielson, his MEVP makes solar energy cheaper, more efficient and reliable. Photovoltaic cells. Glittering, miniature ...
today Engineering on the Edge - MEMS technology
- MEMSCAP Sensors Land on Mars on Board NASA's "Curiosity" Rover; "Curiosity ...
- MEMSCAP (Paris:MEMS) (NYSE Euronext: MEMS), the leading provider of innovative solutions based on MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) technology, today announces that MEMSCAP Sensors selected by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) are ...
yesterday Avionics Intelligence - MEMS technology
- DARPA Develops New Fabrication Methods for Microscale Inertial Sensors
- The first phase was accomplished recently, where MRIG targeted nontraditional materials-based 3-D microfabrication techniques. Fabrication of small 3-D structures like hemispheres, wineglass-shaped structures and toroids were achieved, transforming ...
yesterday AZoSensors - MEMS technology
- Oscillating microscopic beads could be key to biolab on a chip (w ...
- nanotechnology, nanotechnology links, nanomaterials, nanomaterial database, nanotechnology news. Click Here! ... University at Buffalo partners with Zimbabwe universities to create international nanotechnology center ...
today - MEMS technology
- Microfluidic Device: Hundreds of Biochemical Analyses On a Single Chip
- This microfluidic device has 768 chambers, each one with a valve that allows DNA and transcription factors to interact in a very carefully controlled manner. "In traditional methods, we generally manage to determine if an interaction takes place or not ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- UMC and Allegro Enter into Foundry Partnership
- United Microelectronics, a well known global semiconductor foundry, and Allegro Microsystems, a developer and manufacturer of high-performance semiconductors, have entered into a partnership agreement. By virtue of the agreement, Allegro Microsystems ...
today Azom.com - MEMS business
- EP Global Communications, Inc. Lands One of the World's Leading Biomedical ...
- PK) is pleased to announce that David T. Markus Ph.D. is joining the Company immediately and will oversee the research and development of the new EPGL Bio-Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems technology (Bio-MEMS). “Bio-MEMS is one of the fastest ...
yesterday RedOrbit - MEMS business
- GigaGen Gets More Than $1M in Grants to Develop Cell-Seq Technology
- Using microfluidics and next-generation sequencing, the Cell-Seq technology will be the first to empower physicians to monitor a patient's disease-specific immune activity and provide care on a personalized basis to prevent and treat immune flares ...
today GenomeWeb - MEMS business
- MEMS Sensor Market in Mobile Devices to Reach $2.8 Billion in 2017
- By Kalwinder Kaur. The market for MEMS sensors in mobile devices which is estimated to be $1.2 billion at the end of 2012 is expected to grow to $2.8 billion by 2017. ABI Research reports that the growing usage of MEMS sensors in mobile devices and the ...
today AZoSensors - MEMS business
- Why not Make Phones and iPods Here?
- “What I don't understand about making phones and iPods overseas: It's all done by automation, right? No one is placing or soldering tiny microelectronic components by hand. I'm sure even odd-forms are placed by machine. I have to believe that labor ...
today Assembly Magazine (blog) - MEMS business
- New nanotechnology detects micrometastases in mouse models of breast cancer
- Malignant cells that leave a primary tumor, travel the bloodstream and grow out of control in new locations cause the vast majority of cancer deaths. New nanotechnology developed at Case Western Reserve University detects these metastases in mouse ...
yesterday News-Medical.net - Nanotechnology
- Successful Commercial Metallization of Optical Images Using Nanotechnology
- By Will Soutter. Nanotech Security (NTS) reports successful commercial metallization of optical images using nanotechnology. The company produces advanced authentication and security features utilizing nanotechnology-based optics. An independent third ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Researchers demonstrate 'giant' forces in super-strong nanomaterials
- A nanometer – visible only with the aid of a high-power electron microscope – is one billionth of a meter, and some nanomaterials are only a few atoms in size. Gao and Yang simulated what would happen with modeled identical waveguides – each 40 ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Dynamics of nanoscale polymer chains atop different materials
- (Nanowerk News) Technologies such as microelectronics and lithography require nanoscale polymer films that sit atop various other materials. An understanding of the interplay between the dynamics of the thin film and the underlying substrate is crucial ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Google Ventures looks at radical life extension, cryogenics and nanotechnology ...
- Maris said some of the areas he is interested in include businesses that are focused on radical life extension, cryogenics, organ replacement and nanotechnology. One biotech company Google Ventures is invested in is Foundation Medicine, a molecular ...
today Next Big Future - Nanotech business
- Lazaridis Quantum Nano Centre creates 21st century 'mind space' (w/video)
- The massive 26,010-square-metre Centre at the University of Waterloo, designed by Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg (KPMB) is a showcase for Canadian innovation and industry in the fields of quantum computing and nanotechnology - the first of its ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for
Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- 2012 Status of the MEMS Industry
Webinar: 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Dr Eric Mounier, Senior Analyst, MEMS Devices & Technologies, Yole Developpement
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN