View Mailing Online
- Virtual Reality for Chip Design?
- As chip design moves into the realm of three-dimensional transistor structures and even MEMS, virtual-reality simulators may prove a necessity for both architects and educators. They say that travel broadens the mind. That has certainly been the case ...
today Chip Design Magazine - MEMS technology
- This Week In Bots: Digging For Moon Water, Droids Going Mobile, And ...
- Bot Vid: Harvard's Bees. Micro-scale UAVs developed by Harvard have got much cleverer, the Automaton blog reports, and after five years of development needed to just help them get airborne, they can now be steered to a destination. Or at least they can ...
today Fast Company - MEMS technology
- Melexis' MEMS pressure sensors are rugged and accurate
- Melexis has rolled out the first of its line of commercial, off-the-shelf, packaged MEMS pressure sensors. The MLX90809 is a highly accurate, AEC Q100 qualified relative pressure sensor specifically targeted at 1 Bar applications. The company has ...
yesterday EE Times - MEMS technology
- Soitec, SEH extend Smart Cut licensing deal to "silicon-on-anything"
- ... have been working to develop gallium nitride (GaN) engineered substrates for LEDs, using the Smart Cut method. The Smart Cut wafer bonding/layer-splitting technology was developed by Michel Bruel at CEA-Leti in 1991 and spun out into Soitec in 1992.
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Electrodes Systems Provider and Tohoku-Microtec Enter Agreement ...
- ... systems, and Tohoku-MicroTec, a leading Japanese company in the 3D-stacked LSI technology, have signed a strategic alliance for developing and carrying out research on state of the art MEMS based neural interfaces.
yesterday - MEMS business
- Q2 results indicate slowing microelectronics revenue growth for 2012
- Despite slowing revenue growth in 2012 in the microelectronics portion of the industry (based on the first-half 2012 results for many of the large manufacturers), product development activity is progressing strongly, notes The Strategy Analytics GaAs ...
today Semiconductor Today - MEMS business
- UF professor's project allows people to feel the moon's pull
- By combining haptics and nanotechnology, the Digital Worlds Institute in collaboration with Curtis Taylor, a UF professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and a nanotechnology expert, has made it possible for people to feel these reactions.
yesterday The Independent Florida Alligator - Nanotechnology
- Permanent exhibit introduces young minds to the fascinating world of ...
- (Nanowerk News) Further reinforcing Governor Andrew Cuomo's commitment to providing educational and career opportunities to young people in support of New York's globally recognized nanotechnology industry, the Children's Museum of Science and ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Mapping of electromagnetic fields enhanced by gold nanostructures
- ... research associate at Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, and was a visiting professor at University of Toulouse, France. His research interests are focused on discontinuous ultrathin organic films, laser materials interactions, microfluidics, and ...
yesterday SPIE Newsroom - Nanotechnology
- Nano-material copies butterfly colors
- A new nano-material mimics the brilliant color and water resistance of butterfly wings. "Specifically, we're interested in putting this kind of material on the outside of buildings," says Shu Yang. "The structural color we can produce is bright and ...
today Futurity: Research News - Nanotechnology
- The Next Generation of Battery Technology: An Interview with Dr Fernando ...
- Battery Energy Storage Systems Technologies (B.E.S.S. Technologies) is a spin-out company from the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) at the University of Albany, focused on commercializing novel energy storage technologies.
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology solar cell achieves 18.2% efficiency
- (Nanowerk News) Scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) have produced solar cells using nanotechnology techniques at an efficiency – 18.2% -- that is competitive. The breakthrough should be a major ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- ORNL Receives Grants to Improve Performance of Solar Power Systems Using ...
- ORNL Receives Grants to Improve Performance of Solar Power Systems Using Nanotechnology. Published on October 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM. In a push to lower the cost of solar power, the Department of Energy has funded two projects at Oak Ridge National ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotech business
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. Signs Distributor Agreement With DuPont
- Industrial Nanotech, Inc. (Pink Sheets:INTK), an emerging global leader in nanotechnology based energy saving solutions, today announced that the Company has entered into a distribution agreement with DuPont Powder Coatings Andina to serve as a ...
yesterday Surface Finishing.com - Nanotech business
- UMass Lowell debuts $80M academic facility
- The 84,000-square-foot building will be home to research in nanotechnology, molecular biology, plastics engineering and optics, as well as life sciences, energy, national security and environmental protection. ETIC was funded through $35 million from ...
today Bizjournals.com - Nanotech business
Microfluidics 2012. The first Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications.
Join us at the Biltmore Hotel, Santa Clara CA on October 17, 2012. microfluidics2012.com
- Microfluidics 2012
Santa Clara, CA
1st Annual Conference on Microfluidic Technologies and Applications
- MEMS Testing and Reliability 2012
Santa Clara, CA
4th Annual Conference on MEMS Testing and Reliability
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
The nation's largest and most important event on sensors