View Mailing Online
- New ARL thermoelectric technology, approaches to reclaim wasted energy
- This work, like similar research throughout ARL, is expected to gain defense department attention because of its promising early signs to increase efficiency and improve fuel utilization, especially given constraints in energy budgets imposed on micro ...
today United States Army (press release) - MEMS technology
- New laser scanning technology may enable higher resolution pico ...
- The components are manufactured in the Fraunhofer IPMS cleanroom in a bulk micromachining manufacturing process. All of the micro-mechanical components are manufactured as two-dimensional structures in a layer of ...
pico today - MEMS technology
- RedOrbit Exclusive Interview: Professor Shu Yang, University of Pennsylvania
- Yang: We are not the first group that combines structural color and superhydrophobicity. To do so, it typically requires sophisticated chemical reactions and multiple nano- and microfabrication processes to introduce nano-roughness onto the ...
today RedOrbit - MEMS technology
- DNA Base Identification by Electron Microscopy.
- Bell DC, Thomas WK, Murtagh KM, Dionne CA, Graham AC, Anderson JE, Glover WR. Advances in DNA sequencing, based on fluorescent microscopy, have transformed many areas of biological research. However, only relatively short molecules can be sequenced by these technologies. Dramatic improvements in genomic research will require accurate sequencing...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov - MEMS technology
- New method measures movements of tiny devices at every step
- The group tracked, for the first time, the step-by-step motion of a standard type MEMS device called a "scratch drive actuator," a micromachine (120 um wide, 50 um long, and 1.5 um thick) that drags itself over a surface by repeatedly flexing and ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - MEMS technology
- Feds enlist Rice for nanocarbon project
- The nascent industry of carbon-based nanomanufacturing will benefit from a new cooperative venture between scientists at Rice University and its Richard E. Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology and scientists at the National Institute ...
yesterday R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nanoparticle advance could help soldiers, athletes, others rebound ...
- A potential new treatment for traumatic brain injury (TBI), which affects thousands of soldiers, auto accident victims, athletes and others each year, has shown promise in laboratory research, scientists are reporting. TBI can occur in individuals who experience a violent blow to the head...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Assembling functional nanowire yarns with light
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) Nanoscale materials like quantum dots, carbon nanotubes, graphene, or nanowires, have intriguing properties, but unless they can be assembled in to larger structures it is difficult to take advantage of these properties. Figuring ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Physics News :: At the nanoscale, graphite can turn friction upside ...
- (Phys.org)—If you ease up on a pencil, does it slide more easily? Sure. But maybe not if the tip is sharpened down to nanoscale dimensions. A team of researchers at the National Institute of ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- A bit of a stretch? Characterising the mechanical properties of cell ...
- One cell thick monolayers are the simplest tissues found in multicellular organisms, yet they fulfil critical roles in normal physiology lining blood vessels and the gastrointestinal tract. A key function of cell monolayers is to resist mechanical forces and act as physical barriers...
today - Nanotechnology
- Complex 3D metallic structures manufactured at the nanoscale
- The fabrication of many objects, machines, and devices around us rely on the controlled deformation of metals by industrial processes such as bending, shearing, and stamping. Is this technology transferrable to nanoscale? Can we build similarly complex ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nano Spinoff Wins Development Contract
- A spinoff company created from UALR nanotechnology research has won a $150,000 Small Business Innovation Research contract with the U.S. Department of Transportation to develop self-cleaning nanoscale materials for railroad track inspection systems.
today UALR - Nanotech business
- Study urges NASA to launch nanotech R&D
- MANHASSET, N.Y. -- The U.S. risks losing its lead in space technology unless NASA makes nanotechnology an R&D priority, warns a report by Rice University's Baker Institute for Public Policy.. The study found that the space agency has been cutting ...
yesterday EE Times - Nanotech business
This important conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Submit an abstract on your microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research.
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions