View Mailing Online
- Caltech laser accelerometer research may bring fine-tuned position tracking ...
- The scientists managed to shrink a so-called large-scale interferometer down to micro-scale sizes, creating a device "thousands of times faster than the most sensitive sensors used today." That could allow a smartphone with such a micro-sensor to ...
2012-10-19 Engadget - MEMS technology
- Tezzaron Semiconductor Completes Acquisition of SVTC's Austin Fab, Now ...
- Novati also serves companies in the life sciences, aerospace & defense, MEMS, NEMS, and related markets. Its current fab capabilities include: -- Full-flow CMOS processing on 200 mm silicon and other substrates -- "More than Moore" diversified ...
today MarketWatch (press release) - MEMS business
- Microsoft Certifies Freescale 12-axis Xtrinsic Sensor Platform for Windows 8 ...
- ABI Research forecasts that the use of MEMS-based sensors (like those in Freescale's 12-axis Xtrinsic sensor platform for Windows 8) in smart portable devices will continue to grow throughout the next five years. By 2017, the revenue for MEMS sensors ...
today AZoSensors - MEMS business
- Former SVTC Austin facility to operate as Novati Technologies
- California-based nanotechnology developer SVTC announced in September that it would close its Austin operations at 2706 Montopolis Drive and lay off 105 local workers. Less than one month later, Naperville, Ill.-based Tezzaron agreed to run the ...
today Bizjournals.com - MEMS business
- MIT creates hydrophobic material that could revolutionize fossil fuel and ...
- A team of nanomaterial scientists and mechanical engineers at MIT have created a superhydrophobic material that is 10,000 times more slippery than existing hydrophobic surface. This could seriously boost the efficiency of fossil fuel power plants, and ...
today ExtremeTech - Nanotechnology
- NanoSpace — The Online Theme Park at a Molecular Level
- Here in the Capital District of New York, we've got The College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) of the University at Albany – State University of New York, a new microchip plant in nearby Malta, and in Troy, there's the Molecularium Project.
today Wired - Nanotechnology
- Biologists Follow the Process of RNA Folding with Sub-Nanoscale Precision
- The researchers kept the growing RNA strand taut in a "dumbbell" setup. Two beads were held in place by optical traps. The enzyme that transcribes DNA into RNA - RNAP in the diagram - was attached to one bead, while the new RNA transcript was attached ...
2012-10-20 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- The nanomechanical signature of breast cancer
- The research groups of Roderick Lim and Cora-Ann Schoenenberger from the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, reveal in the journal Nature Nanotechnology ("The nanomechanical signature of breast cancer") how the unique nanomechanical properties ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Optical tweezers and sub-nanoscale precision: Following the process—and the ...
- Optical tweezers and sub-nanoscale precision: Following the process—and the consequence—of RNA folding. October 22, 2012 by Max Mcclure. Stanford biologists watch RNA fold in real time. Enlarge. The researchers kept the growing RNA strand taut in a ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Manufacturing complex 3D metallic structures at nanoscale made possible
- The technology has various applications in the fabrication of nanoscale devices. The structures are surprisingly resilient: the team found them to be quite sturdy and robust under a variety of adverse conditions, such as electrostatic discharge and ...
2012-10-19 Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology As Socio-Political Project
- To understand it, we need to take a step back and move beyond mere definitions of nanotechnology and instead reach some deeper understanding of how we've become so flummoxed in defining it. Photo: University of Nottingham. Richard Jones of Sheffield ...
2012-10-19 IEEE Spectrum - Nanotech business
Save the date for the eighth annual MEMS Executive Congress US, to be held in Scottsdale, Arizona!
Sign up for the MIG newsletter
to make sure that you receive the latest updates about this exciting new event.
- 3rd Annual American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012
- 2012-10-22 - 2012-10-24
The stage is set for the 3rd American Manufacturing Strategies Summit 2012 in Chicago
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions