View Mailing Online
- MEMS-Based Sensor Enables Smart Gas Meters
- Kyoto, Japan, and Geneva, Switzerland: Omron and STMicroelectronics have teamed up to develop a MEMS-based (microelectromechanical systems) gas-flow sensor with unusual built-in correction for differences in gas composition (see the figure).
today Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- SiTime Introduces SiT3907 MEMS-Based Digitally Controlled Oscillator
- SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company that is revolutionizing the timing market, today introduced the SiT3907 MEMS-based Digitally Controlled Oscillator (DCXO). The SiT3907 DCXO is radically different than analog, quartz-based VCXOs as ...
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- SPARTON CORPORATION : Launches AHRS-8 MEMS-based Inertial Sensor
- The AHRS-8 is a MEMS-based (micro electro-mechanical systems) attitude heading reference system. Fully temperature compensated and individually calibrated over temperature, the AHRS-8 is the perfect navigation solution for challenging environments ...
today 4-traders - MEMS technology
- Nanograting fabricated with femtosecond laser pulses
- Intense femtosecond laser pulses are a common tool in precision processing of a variety of materials, which are needed in the fabrication of, for example, electro-optical devices and micro-electromechanical systems. The advantage of using femtosecond ...
yesterday SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- RFMD wins $2.1m DARPA GaN contract to boost thermal efficiency of high ...
- RF Micro Devices Inc of Greensboro, NC, USA has been awarded a $2.1m contract from the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to enhance the thermal efficiency of gallium nitride (GaN) circuits used in high-power radar and other ...
today Semiconductor Today - MEMS business
- Laser vendors stay cautiously optimistic
- "OEMs are critically important in the world of high-power flat sheet cutting, because users typically buy other metal fabrication machines from the OEMs, not just laser systems, and the space is fairly concentrated in a few hands. In marking and ...
yesterday Optics.org - MEMS business
- UTC Aerospace Systems Presents at AUSA
- The guidance, navigation and control technologies shown include terrain reference (TERPROM) navigation software and micro-electro-mechanical (MEMS) inertial sensors. Technical teams will be on hand throughout the show for demonstrations and to ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Chinese authorities approve sale of Oerlikon's Solar segment
- Oerlikon's solar segment includes Oerlikon Solar Thin Film, which produces manufacturing equipment for amorphous silicon thin film solar photovoltaic (PV) modules, as well as Oerlikon Solar Laser, which makes industrial laser micro machining systems ...
yesterday solarserver.com - MEMS business
- Versatile optomechanical sensors aid atomic force microscopy
- Researchers from the NIST Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology have developed on-chip optomechanical sensors for atomic force microscopy (AFM) that extend the range of mechanical properties found in commercial AFM cantilevers, potentially ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Bacteria Use Nanoscale Structures to Transmit Electrons Over Large Distances
- A multinational research team has discovered filamentous bacteria that function as living power cables in order to transmit electrons thousands of cell lengths away. The Desulfobulbus bacterial cells, which are only a few thousandths of a millimeter ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Copper Solder
- Scientists in the Advanced Materials and Nanosystems directorate at the Lockheed Martin Space Systems Advanced Technology Center (ATC) in Palo Alto have developed a revolutionary nanotechnology copper-based electrical interconnect material, ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology can change color of gold
- SOUTHAMPTON, England, Oct. 24 (UPI) -- Gold doesn't have to appear gold in color, and in fact a new nanotechnology technique can turn it red or even green, British researchers say. A University of Southampton team has found they can change the color of ...
yesterday UPI.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale imaging the cross section of a drop sitting on a surface
- Nanostructured surfaces with special wetting properties can not only efficiently repel or attract liquids like water and oils but can also prevent formation of biofilms, ice, and other detrimental crystals...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- The art of the small - nanotechnology art contest
- (Nanowerk News) Sponsored by the Nanodermatology Society, this art contest is designed to highlight original work of an artistic nature related to nanotechnology and especially nanotechnology in dermatology. Subject matter can include experimental ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
- Basque Nanotechnology to Inoculate Insulin by Means of an Adhesive Bandage ...
- Basque Nanotechnology to Inoculate Insulin by Means of an Adhesive Bandage on the Cheek. (Nanowerk News) Like many of the start-ups in the bio sector, the Midatech Biogune Company depends on strong investments during the initial years after the ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
- Nano3d Biosciences Signs Distribution Agreement with MIDSCI to ...
- Nano3D Biosciences (n3D), a company that specializes in three dimensional (3D) cell culturing products for the drug discovery, toxicology and life science research markets, signed a distribution agreement with MIDSCI, a scientific products distributor based in St. Louis, MO...
today - Nanotech business
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is celebrating 50 years as the leading technical conference and tradeshow on electronic design automation, embedded systems and software. DAC features 175+ exhibits and 300+ presentations covering the latest in design methodologies, embedded software and EDA tool developments. Register now
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions