View Mailing Online
- Scaffold process could lead to new-generation MEMS devices
- The team has devised a method called carbon nanotube templated microfabrication (CNT-M), which uses arrays of vertically aligned nanotubes — known as 'forests' — as a scaffolding to support the deposition of these non-typical MEMS materials. Using ...
2012-10-29 The Engineer - MEMS technology
- Printed Electronics Taking Unexpected Turns
- However, creative users long ago gave us the prayer wheel, roulette wheel, steering wheel and wheels in micro-electromechanical devices MEMS that are too small to see with the naked eye. The equivalent thing now happening with printed electronics is ...
today PCBDesign007 - MEMS technology
- Discera Unveils Crystal-less PCIe Clock Generators
- "MEMS-based technology enables the Company to continue to deliver innovative products with ease of implementation and system cost savings in mind," said Bruce Diamond, President and CEO of Discera. "Discera is committed to provide best-in-class ...
2012-10-29 ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- Applied Materials Introduces New Technologies for Next Era of LCD ...
- Applied Materials, Inc. has announced new PVD and PECVD technologies to enable the next era of ultra-high definition (UHD) televisions, as well as high pixel density screens for mobile devices...
today - MEMS technology
- Sparton Corporation Launches AHRS-8 MEMS-based Inertial Sensor
- The AHRS-8 is a MEMS-based (micro electro-mechanical systems) attitude heading reference system. Fully temperature compensated and individually calibrated over temperature, the AHRS-8 is the perfect navigation solution for challenging environments ...
yesterday DailyFinance - MEMS technology
- Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes for Electronic Interconnects
- “For the first time, we have established connections to multiple shells of carbon nanotubes with a technique that is amenable to integration with conventional integrated circuit microfabrication processes,” said Andrei Fedorov, a professor in the George W.
today Product Design & Development - MEMS technology
- Continuous Rare Cell Extraction Utilizing Inertial Microfluidics
- Using something called “inertial microfluidics,” University of Cincinnati researchers are able to continuously and selectively collect rare cells, such as circulating tumor cells, based on their size vs. other biomarkers. This could reduce analysis ...
2012-10-29 AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Running shoes to transmit real-time biomechanics
- The Runsafer project aims to develop a running system that will consist of a microelectronic measurement system embedded on both shoes, able to transmit the main biomechanical parameters during running. Project partners said the information will be ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- MEMS-based cell sorting now commercial reality
- INNOVATIVE Micro Technology's MEMS cell sorting chips are now seeing real-world application, with Owl Biomedical commercially launching its benchtop cell sorters. The IMT cell sorting technology integrates optics, 3D microfluidics and electromagnetic ...
yesterday Electronics News - MEMS technology
- Preview of MEMS Technology Showcase at MEMS Executive ...
- By Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group If I must tell the truth, the genesis of MEMS Technology Showcase began (as many great ideas do) at a bar over beers, the closing night of MEMS Executive ...
MEMS Industry Group yesterday - MEMS business
- Leti and partners to present new technologies for improving healthcare
- Leti is focused on creating value and innovation through technology transfer to its industrial partners. It specializes in nanotechnologies and their applications, from wireless devices and systems, to biology, healthcare and photonics. NEMS and MEMS ...
today Nanowerk LLC - MEMS business
- Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) Technology Market ...
- Press Release issued Oct 31, 2012: The MEMS combines both electrical and mechanical components on single chip, thus enabling smart products with computational ability of microelectronics and perception, control ...
today - MEMS business
- Materials scientists make additive-free battery electrodes with ...
- Materials scientists have developed a simple, robust way to fabricate carbon-free and polymer-free, lightweight colloidal films for lithium-ion battery electrodes, which could greatly improve battery performance...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: "Nanotechnology helps ...
- Nanotechnology helps scientists keep silver shiny. A team of researchers led by Ray Phaneuf, a professor of materials science and engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park, has partnered with The Walters Art Museum in Baltimore to investigate less labor-intensive ways to protect silver artifacts from tarnishing...
2012-10-29 - Nanotechnology
- New technique connects multi-walled carbon nanotubes
- Using a new method for precisely controlling the deposition of carbon, researchers have demonstrated a technique for connecting multi-walled carbon nanotubes to the metallic pads of integrated circuits without the high interface resistance produced by traditional fabrication techniques...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Titan Supercomputer Will Enable Nanoscale Analysis of Alloys and Advanced ...
- The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Oak Ridge National Laboratory launched a new era of scientific supercomputing today with Titan, a system capable of churning through more than 20,000 trillion calculations each second—or 20 petaflops—by ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- NIST Research Highlights Promise of AFM-IR for Quantitative ...
- NIST Research Highlights Promise of AFM-IR for Quantitative Nanoscale Chemical Analysis. ... AFM-IR has recently attracted great interest in that it enables chemical identification and imaging with nanoscale resolution.
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Microbullets reveal material strengths (w/video)
- A Rice University lab, in collaboration with researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and its Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies, decided to find out by creating the nanoscale target materials, the microscale ammo and even the ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Development of compact model for tunnel field-effect transistors
- Koichi Fukuda and others, Collaborative Research Team Green Nanoelectronics Center, the Nanoelectronics Research Institute of the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, have developed a compact model for circuit simulation to predict the circuit behavior of tunnel field-effect transistors...
today - Nanotechnology
- Team uses nanotechnology to create brain monitoring device
- A team from Guardian Angels For Smarter Life (GA) based at Swiss technology institute EPFL has partnered with US charity One Mind for Research to create demonstration technology for studying brain diseases using nanoelectronic systems that harvest ...
2012-10-29 The Engineer - Nanotechnology
- IBM's new carbon nanotechnology to replace silicon in computer chips
- IBM Research Physical Sciences director Supratik Guha said carbon nanotubes, borne out of chemistry, have largely been laboratory curiosities as far as microelectronic applications are concerned. "We are attempting the first steps towards a technology ...
yesterday Computer Business Review - Nanotechnology
- Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS) Market (2012 ...
- Press Release issued Oct 30, 2012: NEMS, i.e. “Nanoelectromechanical Systems”, are used for the devices integrating mechanical and electrical functionality on the nanoscale. NEMS is the advanced level of miniaturization ...
yesterday - Nanotech business
Save the date for the eighth annual MEMS Executive Congress US, to be held in Scottsdale, Arizona!
Sign up for the MIG newsletter
to make sure that you receive the latest updates about this exciting new event.
- AVS 59th International Symposium and Exhibition
- 2012-10-28 - 2012-11-02
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions