View Mailing Online
- Leica Microsystems Presents New LAS Modules for Metallographic Applications
- To celebrate and extend the long association with digital image analysis, Leica Microsystems has released the latest version of the highly successful Leica Application Suite (LAS) digital imaging software. The new release LAS 4.2 builds on the already ...
today Nanowerk LLC - MEMS technology
- Epson Electronics America Launches High-Performance Quartz MEMS ...
- Epson Electronics America Launches High-Performance Quartz MEMS Inclinometers & Accelerometers for Seismic, Industrial and Modal Analysis Applications. New devices boast the compactness and energy efficiency of MEMS sensors with the high ...
today MarketWatch (press release) - MEMS technology
- Single virus sensing strikes gold
- Instead, we envisioned a micro-scale system. Born of an idea conceived for telecommunications applications,1 the whispering gallery mode (WGM) biosensor uses micro-optical structures, such as glass spheres, to confine light at specific frequencies ...
2012-11-02 SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- New device to quickly separate cancer cells from normal ones
- "Our microfluidics cell separation via MS-Chip provides a high throughput method that can particularly sort cells to different levels of stiffness, which opens a new avenue to study stiffness related cellular and molecular biology," said Methodist ...
today Business Standard - MEMS technology
- SpinChip aims to help doctors analyse patients' blood samples on the spot
- Inside the chip, the fluids and dry components of the sample are separated, launching a number of reactions that take place in a series of tiny channels without any need for pumps or valves; i.e. high-level microfluidics. The results are read out ...
today News-Medical.net - MEMS technology
- Ultrasensitive Photon Hunter
- In cooperation with the partners of the MiSPiA project consortium the Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS in Duisburg has now advanced the development of CMOS technology and introduced an ultrasensitive image sensor with ...
today Product Design & Development - MEMS technology
- SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION : Epson Launches High-Performance ...
- QMEMS devices, produced via a microfabrication process on a quartz material instead of on a semiconductor material like MEMS, offer high performance in a compact package. QMEMS is a registered trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. *2 CAN (controller ...
yesterday 4-traders - MEMS technology
- MEMS Education Series® Webinars - MEMS Industry Group
- ... Micro-system Technology (TMT); Part 2: Working Successfully with a MEMS Foundry Webinar - Featuring Innovative Micro Technology (IMT), MEMS and Nanotechnology Exchange, Silex Microsystems, and Tronics MEMS ...
yesterday - MEMS business
- MEMS pressure sensor market to top $1.5bn this year
- The major suppliers of MEMS pressure sensors today for medical electronics applications include Honeywell, GE Sensing of Massachusetts, Omron from Japan, Freescale, MEAS (Measurement Specialties) of Virginia, TDK Epcos from Japan, Memscap from ...
today ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS business
- Coherent Acquires Innolight, Reports Lower Profit
- A spinout from the Photonics Group at Imperial College London in the UK, Midaz has developed a range of diode-pumped solid-state (DPSS) lasers with high average power, excellent beam quality and high pulse repetition rates for micromachining ...
today Photonics.com - MEMS business
- X-Fab takes control of another MEMS foundry
- This includes the ability to process noble metals including gold, platinum, chrome, nickel, copper and molybdenum, piezeoelectric materials, thick epi-silicon micromachining and eutectic bonding. Under the deal X-Fab MEMS Foundry Itzehoe will continue ...
today EE Times - MEMS business
- Nanoscale structures of fireflies inspire cheaper LED lamps
- Nanoscale structures of fireflies inspire cheaper LED lamps. (Nanowerk News) South Korean scientists have copied the structure of a firefly's underbelly to create what they say is an improved and cheaper LED lens. They hope the discovery will one day ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- RNA-based nanotechnology for overcoming tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer
- "We are currently utilizing RNA-based nanotechnology to target MED1 in an effort to simultaneously block both estrogen and HER2 pathways to overcome endocrine-resistant breast cancer.” UC study collaborators include cancer biologists Jiajun Cui, PhD, ...
2012-11-03 Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanostamps offer cost-effective nanoscale surface options
- Surfaces textured at the nanoscale level have unusual chemical and optical properties for diverse applications in photonics, renewable energy, and polymer research and biochemistry. For companies unable to manufacture their own nanoscale-structured ...
today Laser Focus world - Nanotechnology
- Nanosensors for the real world
- Sensors built from high frequency bulk acoustic wave (BAW) resonators consist of a piezoelectric layer sandwiched between two electrodes, to which a variable frequency signal is applied. The resonator vibrates at a given frequency, and the properties of the resulting acoustic wave allow researchers to determine ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology helps to visualize latent fingerprints
- In the journal Angewandte Chemie ("Visualization of Latent Fingermarks by Nanotechnology: Reversed Development on Paper—A Remedy to the Variation in Sweat Composition"), Israeli scientists have now introduced a new method developed specifically ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanotech Security Secures First Patent in Optical Nanotechnology for Security ...
- (Nanowerk News) Nanotech Security Corp., developer of next-generation security and authentication products based on nanotechnology, announces the successful granting of a parent-patent. The US patent includes claims for its specialized nano-hole ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for
Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions