View Mailing Online
- STMicroelectronics unveils more accurate TB diagnostics kit
- It is embedded in a disposable cartridge and combines micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) with microfluidics to create a bank of micro-reactor chambers which help analyze human DNA. Dr. Rosemary Tan, CEO of Veredus Laboratories, said during a ...
today ZDNet - MEMS technology
- Harvard's Wyss Institute develops 'lung-on-a-chip'
- Earlier this month, researchers at Draper Laboratory combined tissue engineering, microfluidics and cellular neuroscience to develop a prototype “brain-on-a-chip” that may help scientists study how the brain is affected by drugs, vaccines and other ...
today Mass High Tech - MEMS technology
- SpinChip Combines Microfluidics and Centrifuge for Rapid Blood Analysis
- The SpinChip, invented by Stig Morten Borch of Norway's SINTEF research center, uses a centrifuge to spin a small microfluidic chip that separates a blood sample into solid and liquid components that then undergo chemical reactions within the chip's ...
yesterday Medgadget.com - MEMS technology
- Sensor Reads Single Photons Ultrafast
- Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS has advanced the development of CMOS technology and introduced a diode based on single-photon avalanche photodiodes. Its pixel structure can count single photons 1000 times faster than ...
today Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Semiconductor devices: Under mounting stress
- The recently developed ability to measure physical changes in silicon when processed into microelectronic devices could improve fabrication techniques for even smaller circuits. Thinner semiconductor wafers to house electronic circuits are needed so ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Soitec increases bonded SOS wafer production to meet Peregrine's demand
- Soitec's direct wafer-bonding technologies are used to produce the BSOS substrate employed in the manufacture of Peregrine's highly tuned semiconductor wafers. Soitec says that the combination of its substrate with Peregrine's UltraCMOS process ...
yesterday Semiconductor Today - MEMS business
- EVG Broadens Systems Offerings for MEMS and Nanotechnology Markets
- EV Group (EVG), a leading supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment for the MEMS, nanotechnology and semiconductor markets, today highlighted a succession of milestones in the MEMS arena, where the company continues to strengthen its ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates Selects Silex Microsystems' SmartBlocks™ for ...
- 7, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Silex Microsystems, the world's largest pure-play MEMS foundry, announced today that A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates ("AMFitzgerald"), a MEMS product development firm, has selected Silex's SmartBlocks™ technology for its ...
today Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- Research and Markets: MEMS for Biomedical Applications
- Part one introduces the fundamentals of MEMS for biomedical applications, exploring the microfabrication of polymers and reviewing sensor and actuator mechanisms. Part two goes on to consider MEMS for biomedical sensing and diagnostic applications.
yesterday The Herald | HeraldOnline.com - MEMS business
- Coventor Strengthens Industry's Only Integrated MEMS+IC Co-Design Solution ...
- CARY, NC, Nov 07, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Coventor(R), Inc., the leading supplier of design automation software for developing micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), today introduced the MEMS+(R) 3.0 design platform, the latest version ...
today MarketWatch (press release) - MEMS business
- Coming soon: Tabletop molecular movies
- One of the most urgently sought-after goals in modern science is the ability to observe the detailed dynamics of chemical reactions as they happen, that is, on the spatial scale of molecules, atoms, and electrons, and on the time scale of picoseconds or even shorter ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Researchers create laser the size of a virus particle
- A Northwestern University research team has found a way to manufacture single laser devices that are the size of a virus particle and that operate at room temperature. These plasmonic nanolasers could be readily integrated into silicon-based photonic devices, all-optical circuits and nanoscale biosensors ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Clear as ... paper? Scientists 'see' through solid layers
- Scientists said Wednesday they have developed a method to "see through" layers of thin, solid material in a breakthrough that holds promise for medical imaging, nanotechnology—and the spy trade. Scientists said Wednesday they have developed a method ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- A nanomaterial stronger than a speeding bullet
- The methods the team developed for producing laboratory-scale high-speed impacts, and for measuring the impacts' effects in a precise way, “can be an extremely useful quantitative tool for the development of protective nanomaterials,” says Lee, the ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Data storage: How magnetic recording heats up
- Most electronic data is stored on magnetic hard drives that spin at many thousands of revolutions per minute. To keep pace with ever-growing storage demand, however, achieving greater storage capacities by simply increasing the size of disks is infeasible ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Scientists Make Light Travel Infinitely Fast
- Scientists Make Light Travel Infinitely Fast A team of scientists is claiming to have achieved the seemingly impossible: it's managed to create a nanoscale device which allows light to travel infinitely fast. But how the hell did they do it, and what ...
today Gizmodo - Nanotechnology
- Protective nanotechnology: Nanomaterials for capturing nerve agents
- Protective nanotechnology: Nanomaterials for capturing nerve agents. (Nanowerk Spotlight) Protection against nerve agents – such as tabun, sarin, soman, VX, and others – is a major terrorism concern of security experts. Nerve agents, which attack the ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is celebrating 50 years as the leading technical conference and tradeshow on electronic design automation, embedded systems and software. DAC features 175+ exhibits and 300+ presentations covering the latest in design methodologies, embedded software and EDA tool developments. Register now
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions