View Mailing Online
- Advancing CNTs for next-gen chips
- The technique "is amenable to integration with conventional integrated circuit microfabrication processes," explained prof. Andrei Fedorov. "Connecting to multiple shells allows us to dramatically reduce the resistance and move to the next level of ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- Laird - Higher-power thin-film energy harvesting device suits many needs
- Micro-scale thermal management and power generation specialist, Nextreme Thermal Solutions, has developed a new series of thin-film thermoelectric power generators that offer higher power, more robust mechanical design and ease of integration with ...
today Electropages (press release) - MEMS technology
- Hillcrest Labs Introduces 9-Axis Freespace Sensor Module
- Combines MEMS gyroscope, accelerometer and magnetometer with Freespace MotionEngine??? software and a single 32-bit MCU -- Enables precise motion control in wearable computing and HMDs for augmented... November 08, 2012 -- ...
today Broadcast Newsroom - MEMS technology
- Single-photon avalanche photodiode array chip has onboard signal processing
- Duisburg, Germany--The Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS is a member of a team that has introduced an ultrasensitive CMOS-compatible image sensor based on single-photon avalanche photodiodes (SPADs). The array's ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS technology
- Millimeter-wave oscillation by ferromagnetic nanocontact device
- The rapid progress in microfabrication technology in recent years has made it possible to make nanometer-scale devices using ferromagnetic materials. Currently, highly functional spintronic devices that actively utilize spin, a characteristic of ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Freescale Semiconductor Launches New Energy-Efficient MEMS Accelerometer
- Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL) today introduced a new micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) accelerometer featuring ultra-low power consumption and a simple plug-and-play approach to tilt threshold detection for use in physical tamper ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Xsens and STMicroelectronics Demonstrate Wearable Wireless 3D Body Motion ...
- ... a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and the world's top manufacturer of Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), are demonstrating the world's first wearable wireless 3D body motion ...
today Reuters - MEMS technology
- Soitec boosts production of silicon-on-sapphire wafers
- Soitec's direct wafer-bonding technologies are used to produce the BSOS substrate employed in the manufacture of Peregrine's semiconductor wafers. “We are experiencing powerful traction in the market with the latest STeP5 UltraCMOS RF switches, and ...
yesterday EE Times - MEMS technology
- MEMS growth outpacing competitors
- SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS) have revolutionized every market in which they have become successful, but the trend is just beginning, according to analysts speaking on a panel at the MEMS Executive Congress 2012 here.
today EE Times - MEMS business
- MIPI® Alliance Sensor "Birds of a Feather" Group Investigates Sensor ...
- According to IHS iSuppli, revenues for MEMS sensors in mobile handsets and consumer products is expected to top $2.5 billion in 2013, up from $1.1 billion in 2008 and reflecting an 18% CAGR in the 2008 – 2013 timeframe. MEMS Industry Group® (MIG) ...
today Sacramento Bee - MEMS business
- Disposable, monitoring devices spur MEMS pressure sensors in medical ...
- November 8, 2012 - Growing use of disposable devices and respiratory monitoring are underpinning growing use of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) used as pressure sensors in medical electronics, according to IHS iSuppli. Medical electronics is a ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Silex's SmartBlocks Technology Selected for AM Fitzgerald & Associates ...
- Silex Microsystems, the world's largest pure-play MEMS foundry, announced today that A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates ("AMFitzgerald"), a MEMS product development firm, has selected Silex's SmartBlocks™ technology for its RocketMEMS™ program, a new ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS business
- IFTLE 121 SEMICON Taiwan 2012 part 2
- Of interest in the TSV materials forecast (obtained from Linx Consulting) is their claim that "bonding adhesives" accounts for >50% of the current (2012) ~$25MM market and still has >45% of the projected 2016 $450MM market. The "cleaning" number of ~22 ...
yesterday ElectroIQ (blog) - MEMS business
- New study helps reveal how friction works at the nanoscale
- Credit: SISSA A study published by Andrea Vanossi, Nicola Manini and Erio Tosatti―three SISSA researchers―in PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) provides a new tool to better understand how sliding friction works in nanotribology, ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Butterfly Wings Inspire Nanotechnology Research in Ohio State University
- This is one of a series of images that shows the texture on the surface of a butterfly wing. Engineers studied the texture to devise dirt- and water-resistant coatings for devices such as pipes and medical equipment. An electron microscope revealed ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- A nanomaterial stronger than a speeding bullet
- Providing protection against impacts from bullets and other high-speed projectiles is more than just a matter of brute strength. While traditional shields have been made of bulky materials such as steel, newer body armor made of lightweight material such as Kevlar has shown ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Improving lithium battery performance
- Their ability to self-assemble into ordered and nanoscale arrays with features on the order of 10 to 100 nm in size makes them promising candidates for next generation membranes with significantly improved performance," says Kuan. By developing a novel ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Clear as ... Paper? Scientists 'See' through Solid Layers
- Scientists said they have developed a method to "see through" layers of thin, solid material in a breakthrough that holds promise for medical imaging, nanotechnology -- and the spy trade. A team of scientists from the Netherlands and Italy have ...
today IndustryWeek - Nanotechnology
- Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS) Market (2012 - 2022) by ...
- Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/08/2012 -- NEMS, i.e. “Nanoelectromechanical Systems”, are used for the devices integrating mechanical and electrical functionality on the nanoscale. NEMS is the advanced level of miniaturization after MEMS devices. NEMS ...
today SBWire (press release) - Nanotech business
This event will focus on MEMS technologies for biomedical applications, or BioMEMS. The biomedical MEMS device market size is currently approximately $1.7 billion and is projected to grow rapidly. For more information, please go to: www.biomems2013.com
- MEMS Executive Congress US 2012
- 2012-11-07 - 2012-11-08
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions