View Mailing Online
- Capturing living cells in micro pyramids
- (Nanowerk News) A field full of pyramids, but on a micro scale. Each of the pyramids hides a living cell. Thanks to 3D micro- and nano scale fabrication, promising new applications can be found. One of them is applying the micro pyramids for cell ...
today Nanowerk LLC - MEMS technology
- CHESS X-rays help characterize organic transistors
- With the help of the D1 X-ray beamline at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS), scientists have come many steps closer to designing the perfect organic semiconductor by spatially mapping the microstructure, texture, grain sizes and grain orientations of organic semiconductor thin films.
yesterday Nanotechnology News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Physicists create real-world tractor beam
- This so-called optical conveyor tractor beam, reported in the journal Physical Review Letters, has a range of potential applications, from microfluidics in the near term to far-out applications like collecting dust samples from comet tails. “This is ...
yesterday ScienceBlog.com (blog) - MEMS technology
- Low-cost MEMS fabrication technology using a replica molding technique
- This has been achieved by integrating the microfabrication technology and the MEMS design evaluation technology of AIST. A lighting device has been fabricated by combining the signal processing technology of Design Tech Co., Ltd. with the developed ...
today Nanowerk LLC - MEMS technology
- MEMS Sensing Solution Provider MEMSIC Felicitated with Deloitte's 2012 ...
- MEMSIC, Inc., a leading MEMS sensing solution provider, today announced it has been recognized by Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and clean technology ...
yesterday AZoSensors - MEMS business
- Maine group creating "FabLab" for 3D printing, laser processing
- Initial equipment for the FabLab is expected to include a CO2 laser cutter & marker, UV laser micromachining workstation, and high-precision 3D printer. A staff of technicians, operators and senior designers will help users to develop their prototypes ...
today Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS business
- SUSS MicroOptics SA moves into new production facility
- The know-how comprises profound experience in optical design, micro-fabrication and metrology. The company provides the highest quality components through leading edge manufacturing techniques, based on 200mm wafer technology in Quartz and ...
yesterday Optics.org - MEMS business
- SBU-Led Research Reveals Nanotechnology Simplifies Hydrogen ...
- SBU-Led Research Reveals Nanotechnology Simplifies Hydrogen Production for Clean Energy Researcher says project is first ever demonstration of the potential of using metal nanoparticles to make fuel from water. Nov 20 ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- New metamaterial invisibility cloak adapts to different sized objects
- A metamaterial invisibility cloak that can adapt to hide different sized objects is demonstrated in Nature Communications this week. The findings represent a useful advance for more practical applications of metamaterial cloaking.
today - Nanotechnology
- Nanotech device could step in for dogs to sniff out explosives
- The tech, which has been packaged on a silicon microchip roughly the size of a human fingerprint, captures and identifies molecules using what is called free-surface microfluidics and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS). Once vapor molecules ...
yesterday CNET - Nanotechnology
- Keeping Warm with Nanotechnology: Aerogel Insulation
- Keeping warm is a major concern for many people during the winter months. Rising fuel costs mean that just keeping a house warm in cold weather can be a struggle, and good insulation is vital to keep costs manageable. Recent developments in materials ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Static electricity nanogenerator converts friction into battery charging power
- The end result is called a triboelectric nanomaterial that could generate energy as we move around and without any extra effort on our part. The amount of energy generation is also significant, with a fingernail-sized patch of this nanomaterial capable ...
yesterday Geek - Nanotechnology
- Research reveals nanotechnology simplifies hydrogen production for clean energy
- Using nanotechnology, Professor Orlov's group found that when the size of metal particles are reduced to dimensions below one nanometer, there is a tremendous increase in the ability of these particles to facilitate hydrogen production from water using ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Researchers Design Explosive Detector Using Microfluidic Nanotechnology
- Concept illustration of the microscale free-surface microfluidic channel as it concentrates vapor molecules that bind to nanoparticles inside a chamber. A laser beam detects the nanoparticles, which amplify a spectral signature of the detected molecules.
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale 'Rainbows' Could Lead To Improved Solar Cells And TV Screens
- New research at King's College London may lead to improved solar cells and LED-displays. Researchers from the Biophysics and Nanotechnology Group at King's, led by Professor Anatoly Zayats in the Department of Physics have demonstrated in detail ...
yesterday Photonics Online - Nanotechnology
- New System to Spin Nanofibers
- The use of microfabrication technologies not only allowed the MTL researchers to pack their cones more tightly and sharpen their tips, but it also gave them much more precise control of the structure of the cones' surfaces. Indeed, the sides of the ...
today Azom.com - Nanotechnology
- Synthetic membrane channels built with DNA nanotechnology
- As reported in the journal Science, physicists at the Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM) and the University of Michigan have shown that synthetic membrane channels can be constructed through DNA nanotechnology. This technique employs DNA ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- HESS and Modumetal Nanotechnology Partnership Enters New ...
- Modumetal, a Seattle-based firm which occupies a leadership role in the nanolaminated metal and coatings market, is embarking on a series of new collaborations and partnerships as it seeks to deepen its footprint in oil and gas markets.
yesterday - Nanotech business
Advanced Lithography 2013 features the latest research and technological advancements in semiconductor lithography including: advanced etch technology and nanopatterning; extreme ultraviolet lithography; metrology; inspection and process control for microlithography; advances in resist materials and processing technology; and optical microlithography. The conferences and exhibition will be held in San Jose, California, 24-28 February 2013.
- Where is the love for MEMS?
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: Karen Lightman, managing director, MEMS Industry Group
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions