View Mailing Online
- Precisely Engineering 3D Brain Tissues
- Borrowing from microfabrication techniques used in the semiconductor industry, MIT and Harvard Medical School (HMS) engineers have developed a simple and inexpensive way to create three-dimensional brain tissues in a lab dish. The new technique ...
today Product Design & Development - MEMS technology
- Simple Heart Monitor AFE Multiplies Opportunities For Medical OEMs
- The larger market would not exist, though, had ADI not established a reputation among medical-products OEMs with the ADAS1000 devices and the company's microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) sensors. The AD8232 provides signal conditioning for ...
yesterday Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- Danish researchers develop rapid malaria test that detects all human strains
- Combined with a droplet microfluidics lab-on-a-chip platform, this design allowed for sensitive, specific, and quantitative detection of Plasmodium species in single drops of unprocessed blood with a detection limit of less than one parasite/μL. In ...
today Examiner.com - MEMS technology
- MEMS variable capacitive accelerometers with eight-pin connector
- The 2466 series from Silicon Designs is a family of low-cost industrial grade triaxial universal MEMS capacitive accelerometer modules with an eight-pin connector. Designed to provide high-precision shock, vibration and acceleration measurements in ...
today EE Times - MEMS technology
- New Electro-osmotic Pumps for Microfluidic Systems from Dolomite
- In collaboration with Osmotex, Dolomite, a world leader in microfluidic design and manufacture, has launched a new range of advanced Electro-osmotic Pumps (EO Pumps) which can significantly reduce the influence of electrochemistry and bubble formation ...
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- STMICROELECTRONICS : Motion Sensing on Smaller and Sleeker Gadgets to ...
- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and the leading supplier of MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) for consumer and portable applications 1, today ...
yesterday 4-traders - MEMS business
- LTE, Positioning, and the Implications for GNSS Over-the-Air Testing
- These cellular network positioning techniques include LTE-specific technologies such as observed time difference of arrival (OTDOA) and uplink time difference of arrival (UTDOA), wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) positioning, and micro-electro-mechanical system ...
yesterday Inside GNSS - MEMS business
- Strategy Analytics: Allegro Ranked as the Number One Automotive Magnetic ...
- BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Allegro Microsystems holds a 28 percent market share in the automotive magnetic semiconductor sensor market – 7 percent higher than its nearest rival, according to the Strategy Analytics Automotive Electronics report, ...
yesterday EON: Enhanced Online News (press release) - MEMS business
- MEMS Goes Mainstream
- Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) are well known for enabling innovative capabilities for devices that range from vehicles and gaming to smartphones and tablets—and increasingly in personal health and fitness, security, and environmental ...
today Chip Design Magazine (blog) - MEMS business
- Letting Process Drive MEMS Design
- And MEMS? It misses out on a number of those bullet points. First of all, for the most part, there is no such thing as a fixed process. The very essence of the MEMS Law is that you tweak the process to provide the desired sensor performance. In ...
today EE Journal - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology: Smiles all round
- In recent years, dental correction orthodontics has used braces made from clear plastic polymer to good effect, but now they are hoping to improve on this with help from nanotechnology. A Spanish university has patented a breakthrough new process, ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Study on Plant Architecture Helps Improve Sugar Yields for Biofuels
- Scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the BioEnergy Science Center (BESC) combined different microscopic imaging methods to gain a greater understanding of the relationships between biomass ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Injecting femtotliter quantities into single cell nuclei using fluidic ...
- Researchers in Switzerland have now developed an innovative method for straightforward injection into the nucleus of a living cell, taking advantage of the nanoscale accuracy and small probe size of AFM and the possibility to handle fluid under pressure-control through the integrated microchannel.
today - Nanotechnology
- Nanotech Electronic Nose To Sniff Out Bombs
- This nanotech device was obviously inspired by a dog's scent receptors, relying on microfluidics to detect airborne molecules of TNT explosives, and is smart enough to tell them from other similar molecules. A dog is organic, and it can still be ...
today Ubergizmo - Nanotechnology
- AERT to introduce deckboard with nanotechnology
- 28, 3:45 p.m. ET) -- Wood-plastic composite decking manufacturer Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc. will debut its much-awaited -- and the industry's first -- decking board that incorporates nanotechnology at the International Builders ...
yesterday Plastics News - Nanotech business
- Industrial carbon management research gets $3.75 million boost
- Through this project, scientists will develop a computational system that incorporates micro-scale level thermo, hydro, mechanical and chemical (THMC) processes that occur when CO2 is injected into geologic rock formations. This system will be used to ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
- New Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology to study environmental footprint of ...
- (Nanowerk News) Northwestern University has joined forces with four Midwestern universities and a national laboratory to establish the Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology, which this fall received funding from the National Science Foundation ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
The 9th international conference, 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging, brings together technology and business leaders from around the world to take a look at the technology and market landscape for emerging 3-D device and systems integration and interconnect. Today, questions around 3-D solutions increasingly focus on when, not if, the industry will see product introduction and high volume manufacturing. Products based on 3-D chip scale packaging have already made significant inroads, in particular for image sensors, and 2.5-D devices with interposers, e.g. in FPGAs, are also seeing market introduction, and very healthy market growth for such uses is widely anticipated. Register now at techventure.rti.org
- PowerMEMS 2012
- 2012-12-02 - 2012-12-05
The 12th International Workshop on Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications
- MEMS in Medical Devices
- 2012-12-03 - 2012-12-03
San Jose, CA
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions