View Mailing Online
- Micro Sensors Help Underwater Robots Swim Like Fish
- The new sensors, made using Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, will make such robots smarter and prolong their operational time as battery power is conserved. Associate Professor Miao Jianminfrom the School of Mechanical and ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- Social Media Tools
- Primoceler Inc. ( http://www.primoceler.com ), a microfabrication company specializing in glass welding and laser scribing, has announced its development of a new laser-based welding machine for microelectromechanical systems. Primoceler's new machine ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS technology
- MIT researchers concoct smallest indium gallium arsenide transistor ever made
- Researchers at MIT's Microsystems Technology Laboratories may be giving Moore's Law a new lease on life with the development of the smallest indium gallium arsenide transistor ever made, measuring up at 22-nanometers. Such transistors could produce ...
today Engadget - MEMS technology
- Newport Reveals HXP1000 Hexapod
- Applications include optics and satellite assembly and testing, wafer alignment and bonding, x-Ray diffraction, biotechnology, surgery, materials analysis, astronomy, micromachining/micro-manipulation, sensor calibration and simulation. The high ...
today Novus Light Technologies Today - MEMS technology
- Contact Lenses Could Send Texts to Your Eyes
- ... curved LCD that would be incorporated into a contact lens rather than embedding LED technology into one. This approach means De Smet and his colleagues at the Center of Microsystems Technology have a larger display area, according to the university.
yesterday Discovery News - MEMS technology
- Capturing Circulating Cancer Cells Could Provide Insights Into How Disease ...
- In their experiments, the researchers used a standard and inexpensive microfabrication technique called "reactive ion etching" to roughen glass slides with a nanoscale resolution. Then, they spiked different blood samples with cancer cells derived from ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- What keeps you up at night? 8 new solutions for grid worries
- Freescale Semiconductor released a new micro-electromechanical system accelerometer featuring ultra-low power consumption and a simple plug-and-play approach to tilt threshold detection for use in physical tamper protection for smart meter applications.
today Smart Grid News - MEMS business
- Broadcom's 'Geek Peek' At 6 Trends To Watch At CES 2013
- The technology for in-store location information involves a variety of radio standards, including not only GPS, but also short-range WiFi, NFC, BLE, which is “Bluetooth Low Energy,” and RF MEMS (microelectromechanical). Knowing where you are, in short, ...
yesterday Forbes - MEMS business
- Varitron Technologies joins MiQro Innovation Collaborative Centre (C2MI)
- It is now possible for all C2MI members and their customers to develop a microelectronic product from the chip to a complete microsystem within a single and unique infrastructure in the world," emphasizes Normand Bourbonnais, CEO at C2MI. About MiQro ...
today Military & Aerospace Electronics - MEMS business
- MEMS Microphones Gain Acceptance in Smartphones
- Akustica's HD MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical system) microphones are drop-in replacements for most of the commonly used MEMS microphones. The company is offering a wide audio range up to 7kHz when transmitting, but it can record with a wider ...
today EBN - MEMS business
- UK team receives funding to develop HIV detection device
- It uses micro-electromechanical sensors to detect when external molecules — in this case proteins generated after HIV enters the body and captured by UCL's novel coating — disrupt the vibrations that occur across its surface, creating an electrical ...
today The Engineer - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology alternative to fullerenes in organic solar cells - just as exciting
- Nanotechnology alternative to fullerenes in organic solar cells - just as exciting. (Nanowerk News) An insight into the properties of fullerene is set to open the door to a new class of electronic acceptors which can be used to build better and cheaper ...
yesterday Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology triples solar efficiency
- Princeton University recently announced a new nanotechnology that has demonstrated the ability to triple the efficiency of solar cells by eliminating two of the primary reasons why light is reflected or lost. This breakthrough was achieved by applying ...
yesterday SmartPlanet.com (blog) - Nanotechnology
Advanced Lithography 2013 features the latest research and technological advancements in semiconductor lithography including: advanced etch technology and nanopatterning; extreme ultraviolet lithography; metrology; inspection and process control for microlithography; advances in resist materials and processing technology; and optical microlithography. The conferences and exhibition will be held in San Jose, California, 24-28 February 2013.
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions