View Mailing Online
- Noise Power On Adhesion: New Model May Help Robotic Fingers, Made of a ...
- ... adhesion of rubber tires on roads, and the use of fluids, instead of electronics, to perform a digital operation. In addition, new MicroElectroMechanical systems (MEMs), based on robotic fingers capable of displacing a small object, could be ...
today Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- Innovative Microactuator Shows Promise for Drug Delivery, Microfluidics and ...
- Based on an oxide material that expands and contracts dramatically in response to a small temperature variation, the actuators are smaller than the width of a human hair and are promising for microfluidics, drug delivery, and artificial muscles. A ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Tiny Feelers May Help AUVs Navigate Murky Waters
- The 1.8 mm x 1.8 mm sensor device was designed using micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMs) technology by Associate Professor Miao Jianmin and colleagues from Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Unlike cameras which cannot see in dark or ...
yesterday Asian Scientist Magazine - MEMS technology
- Researchers Develop Robust Microactuators for Micro-Scale Robotics
- Researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)'s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) and the University of California, Berkeley, have developed an elegant and powerful new microscale actuator that can flex like a tiny beckoning ...
today AZoRobotics - MEMS technology
- Innovative power amplifier for a MEMS-based energy harvester
- Imec and Holst Centre have used a secondary mass-spring system to increase the power (or bandwidth) of a MEMS-based energy harvester. They demonstrated power amplification up to a factor of 51 by simply placing a packaged harvester on top of a thin ...
yesterday Energy Harvesting Journal - MEMS technology
- MEMS seeing strong growth in military sector - ElectroIQ
- December 17, 2012 - Demand for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices, particularly pressure sensors for harsh environments, will grow 20% in 2012 on the way to a 9% CAGR for the next several years, according to an outlook by IHS iSuppli.
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Tezzaron licenses Ziptronix's bonding tech for 3D memory
- EV Group and Brewer Science Establish Ultra-thin Wafer Bonding Lab · Gone Fishing · Localized Cooling for Data Centers · Solder-free Connectors Using Buckled Pillars · Comparing Package Bond Thermal Performance. Packaging Topics. 3D Integration ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Qualcomm Surges To Take No. 3 Chip Market Share Spot QCOM BRCM
- It attributed Broadcom's outperformance to the company's acquisition of NetLogic Microsystems and double-digit growth in its mobile and wireless division. Chip sales are expected to bounce back in 2013. Gartner forecasts global chip revenue to rise 4.5 ...
today Investor's Business Daily - MEMS business
- Nanoifibers clean sulfur from fuel
- Co-led by Mark Shannon, a professor of mechanical science and engineering at the U. of I. until his death this fall, and chemistry professor Prashant Jain, the researchers demonstrated their material in the journal Nature Nanotechnology. Sulfur ...
today Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Synchronized nanoscale oscillators may spur new devices
- A schematic of two optically coupled, micromechanical oscillators. Each consists of silicon nitride membranes Synchronization phenomena are everywhere in the physical world—from circadian rhythms to side-by-side pendulum clocks coupled mechanically ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Take a break: Building nanoscale structures with electrophoresis
- Electrophoresis is turning out to be a very effective nanoscale builder, say Irish researchers who have used it to construct walls made of nanorod 'bricks' all aligned in the same direction. Like many normal-size builders, though, it doesn't like to be ...
today separationsNOW.com - Nanotechnology
- Bio-Inspired Aerodynamic Designs for Nano-Scale Vehicles
- Hu said these kinds of physics and aerodynamics lessons – and many more – need to be learned before engineers can design effective nano- and micro-scale vehicles. And so he's getting students immersed in the studies. Hu has won a $150,000, three-year ...
2012-12-15 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- UCSB physicists make strides in understanding quantum entanglement
- While some theoretical physicists make predictions about astrophysics and the behavior of stars and galaxies, others work in the realm of the very small, which includes quantum physics. Such is the case at UC Santa Barbara, where theoretical physicists at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics cover the range of questions in physics.
2012-12-15 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- DNA Constructed Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology is an exciting developing field with plenty of potential applications (nevermind the grey goo scenario). Scientists have been attempting to use DNA as a programmable medium for constructing nanodevices, without much success. Now ...
today Engineering on the Edge - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology allows scientists to capture and preserve cancer cells ...
- A new-generation nano-platform capable of capturing circulating tumor cells and releasing them at reduced temperature. Credit: RIKEN. Scientists from the RIKEN Advanced Science Institute in Japan and University of California Los Angeles report a new ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Magnets Switched Using Voltages
- By using electric voltage instead of a flowing electric current, researchers from UCLA's Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science have made major improvements to an ultra-fast, high-capacity class of computer memory known as ...
2012-12-15 AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Impulse Radar Measures Depth of Snow and Ice for Alpine Ski Slopes
- Dec. 17, 2012 — Snow is the be-all and end-all for alpine ski resorts. Now a tiny sensor has been developed to determine how much cold gold there is on the slopes and how much more should be produced. The sensor is based on Norwegian radar ...
today Science Daily (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Carbon Nanotube Metal Matrix Composites
- Polymer-Matrix Nanocomposites: Also known as nanofilled polymer composites, these consist of a nanomaterial filler added to a polymer matrix. Proper dispersion of the filler yields composites with high performance. Metal-Matrix Nanocomposites: Metal ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
This important conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Submit an abstract on your microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research.
- 3-D Architectures for Semiconductor Integration and Packaging Conference
- 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-14
Sofitel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City, CA
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions