View Mailing Online
- High-pressure sound beam with 100 times sharper focus could one day be a ...
- This pressure amplitude is remarkably high in this frequency regime, producing pronounced shock effects and non-thermal pulsed cavitation at the focal zone. We demonstrate that the optoacoustic lens can be used for micro-scale ultrasonic fragmentation ...
yesterday Next Big Future - MEMS technology
- Nanomechanical Dual-Core Optical Fiber May Enable Optical Buffering
- “An implication of our work is that we would integrate more of these functions within the fiber backbone,” says Loh, “through the introduction of MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) functionality in the fibers.” Because this process uses traditional ...
yesterday Tech Fragments - MEMS technology
- MEMS Gyroscopes Applications Increasing
- Rising from obscurity in 2009, 3-axis microelectromechanical system (MEMS) gyroscopes (and gyro-based combo sensors) for consumer applications are expected.
Randy Frank today - MEMS business
- Ultratech Acquires Assets Of Cambridge Nanotech, Inc.; Expands ...
- SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultratech, Inc. (Nasdaq: UTEK), a leading supplier of lithography and laser-processing systems used to manufacture semiconductor devices and high-brightness LEDs (HB-LEDs), today announced that it has ...
yesterday PR Newswire (press release) - MEMS business
- A nanoscale window to the biological world
- A nanoscale window to the biological world. Enlarge. A novel microfluidics platform allowed viewing of structural details of rotavirus double-layered particles; the 3-D graphic of the virus, in purple, was reconstructed from data gathered by the new ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Researchers print nanotechnology materials for soft robotics
- In their paper, ACES Chief Investigator Associate Professor Marc in het Panhuis and nanotechnology honours graduate Geoffrey Pidcock showed that gellan gum, a well-known food additive provides the optimum conditions for the printing of carbon ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Materials Research to Develop New Solar Cells Wins Forbes ...
- Trisha Andrew, an assistant professor of chemistry at UW-Madison, has been named to Forbes magazine's 30 Under 30 in Energy. The list recognizes talented young innovators whose work holds potential for the energy landscape of the future. Andrew, who ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotech business
- Sustainability of nanotechnology growth requires high-throughput screening ...
- (Nanowerk Spotlight) As nanotechnologies are beginning to empower our lives in so many ways, understanding the environmental health and safety (EHS) aspect of nanotechnology has become a crucial issue. The lack of information on the impact of ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
The mid-atlantic micro/nano alliance (MAMNA) is a nonprofit alliance of companies, universities, and government laboratories in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area.
Our goal is to help our members build and share expertise, capabilities, and research. We hope this leads to the development of new applications and the commercialization of miniaturization technologies.
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- Innovations in RF MEMS: from the University to Industry
Webinar 11:30 a.m. EST
Presented by: Prof Mina Rais-Zadeh, WIMS2 UMICH.
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions