View Mailing Online
- Velcro Device Captures Circulating Tumor Cells In Blood
- 24, 2012) – Researchers at RIKEN report a new Velcro-like microfluidic device that captures and releases tumor cells circulating in the bloodstream. The device was developed by a team led by Hsiao-hua Yu from the RIKEN Advanced Science Institute in ...
2012-12-23 Asian Scientist Magazine - MEMS technology
- RGV100HL Rotation Stage
- The stage is for demanding applications requiring fast dynamic response and for tasks that require moving larger platens. It is suited for semiconductor wafer inspection and metrology, laser micromachining, microrobotics, motion simulators, rate tables ...
2012-12-20 Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Sandia's glitter-sized cells aim to revolutionize solar power
- The new cells are fabricated using microelectronic and microelectromechanical systems that give them more applications, improved performance and reduced cost. The team believes that the units could easily be mass-produced using existing fabrication ...
2012-12-24 EcoChunk - MEMS technology
- New Dynamic Dual-Core Optical Fiber Enhances Data Routes On Information ...
- "An implication of our work is that we would integrate more of these functions within the fiber backbone," says Loh, "through the introduction of MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) functionality in the fibers." Since the new process utilizes ...
2012-12-20 Science Daily (press release) - MEMS technology
- HXP1000 Hexapod
- Applications include optics and satellite assembly and testing, wafer alignment and bonding, x-ray diffraction, biotechnology, surgery, materials analysis, astronomy, micromachining, micromanipulation, sensor calibration and simulation. The actuators ...
today Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Coherent extends ultrafast expansion with $52M Lumera Laser buy-out
- In a brief statement announcing the deal, Coherent said it had bought the firm, which specializes in picosecond pulse lasers used in micromachining applications, for $52 million cash. Coherent CEO John Ambroseo said: “The acquisition of Lumera ...
2012-12-21 Optics.org - MEMS business
- Photonics investment meet sees more participation
- ... The early diagnosis of diseases through new detection methods, communication and data infrastructure in the 21st century, consumer devices, LED (light emitting diodes) lighting, lasers, advanced displays and sensors, 3D IC packaging, micro ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS business
- MEMS to Host TechZone at CES
- According to a release, micro-electromechanical systems are used in smartphones, tablets, game controllers, notebooks, and other consumer electronics. "MEMS devices have been the 'secret ingredient' in consumer electronics for far too long," said Karen ...
2012-12-21 ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- 'Carbon Galaxy' and other amazing nanotechnology images
- (Nanowerk News) Here is another installment of our collection of amazing images from nanotechnology labs from all over the world. You can find other nanotechnology images here. Visualization methods provide an important tool in materials science for ...
2012-12-21 Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Iran Unveils New System for Purification of Wastes Using Nanotechnology
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled 'the System for Purification of Garbage Sewage and Special Wastes by Using Nanotechnology' in Nanotechnology Research Center of Babol Noshirvani University of Technology in the Northern city of Babol ...
2012-12-24 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Window to Biological World
- Dec. 20, 2012 — If the key to winning battles is knowing both your enemy and yourself, then scientists are now well on their way toward becoming the Sun Tzus of medicine by taking a giant step toward a priceless advantage -- the ability to see the ...
2012-12-20 Science Daily (press release) - Nanotechnology
- 'Molecular levers' may make materials better
- In a forced game of molecular tug-of war, some strings of atoms can act like a lever, accelerating reactions 1000 times faster than other molecules. The discovery suggests that scientists could use these molecular levers to drive chemical and mechanical reactivity among atoms and ultimately engineer more efficient materials.
2012-12-23 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Study Provides New Insights into Nanoscale Disruptions in - AZoNano
- MIT researchers now have new insights into how 'stress corrosion cracking' may be affected by nanoscale disruptions in the crystalline structure of metallic materials.
2012-12-21 - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale probe leads to observation that dragonflies have human-like ...
- (Nanowerk News) In a discovery that may prove important for cognitive science, our understanding of nature and applications for robot vision, researchers at the University of Adelaide have found evidence that the dragonfly is capable of higher-level ...
2012-12-21 Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Nanomaterial inspired by nature paves way for greener energy
- December 21, 2012. Nanomaterial inspired by nature paves way for greener energy. (Phys.org)—A new nanomaterial, which finds its inspiration in nature, will provide the potential for more efficient and greener vehicles, rechargeable batteries and solar ...
2012-12-21 Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Iranian Paint Industry Shows Great Interest in Nano-Based Products
- At the exhibition, the commercialized nanotechnology-based products were introduced by Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council, including traffic nanopaint made by Reef Iran Chemical Complex and Pishgaman Fanavari Asia Company, self-cleaning ...
2012-12-23 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotech business
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is celebrating 50 years as the leading technical conference and tradeshow on electronic design automation, embedded systems and software. DAC features 175+ exhibits and 300+ presentations covering the latest in design methodologies, embedded software and EDA tool developments. Register now
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- Innovations in RF MEMS: from the University to Industry
Webinar 11:30 a.m. EST
Presented by: Prof Mina Rais-Zadeh, WIMS2 UMICH.
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions