View Mailing Online
- Sandia Looking to Reinvent Solar Power with Glitter-Sized Cells
- These new cells are made with microelectromechanical and microelectronic systems which enable them to have a wider range of use, increased performance and lower cost. The inventors think that these cells could be produced on a mass scale quite easily ...
2012-12-27 The Green Optimistic (blog) - MEMS technology
- Divers Could Become Real-Life Aquamen if This Pentagon Project Works
- (Orange and green tights sold separately.) According to a list of research proposals from the U.S. military's blue-sky researchers at Darpa, the agency is seeking “integrated microsystems” to detect and control “warfighter physiology for military diver ...
today Wired - MEMS technology
- Low-cost MEMS fabrication using injection molding
- The team from the Research Center for Ubiquitous MEMS and Micro Engineering of the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) integrated microfabrication technology and MEMS design evaluation technology, and combined it ...
2012-12-28 ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- Miniaturized sensors hold up under pressure
- More information: Lou, L., Zhang, S., Park, W.-T., Tsai, J. M., Kwong, D.-L. & Lee, C. Optimization of NEMS pressure sensors with a multilayered diaphragm using silicon nanowires as piezoresistive sensing elements. Journal of Micromechanics and ...
today Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- Instant Answers
- Startup companies are just beginning to make progress on this approach, with designs that rely on microfluidics, a technology that processes liquids inside submillimeter channels. This technology could also perform more complex tests, such as detecting ...
today MIT Technology Review - MEMS technology
- Invest in Photonics conference highlights investment opportunities
- Subjects covered included: early diagnosis of diseases through new detection methods, communication and data infrastructure in the 21st century, consumer devices, LED lighting, lasers, advanced displays and sensors, 3D IC packaging, micro-fabrication ...
2012-12-31 Semiconductor Today - MEMS business
- Tessera and hynix Enter Into Eight-Year Patent Licensing Agreements
- DigitalOptics' miniaturized camera module solutions provide cost-effective, high-quality camera features, including Micro Electro Mechanical Systems ("MEMS")-based autofocus, extended depth of field ("EDoF"), zoom, image enhancement and optical image ...
today DailyFinance - MEMS business
- Ultratech Acquires Cambridge Nanotech
- It is in high demand in volume manufacturing environments, microelectromechanical systems, implantable devices in the biomedical sector, and batteries and fuel cells in the energy field. “By increasing our IP and expanding our nanotechnology portfolio ...
2012-12-31 Photonics.com - MEMS business
- A nanotechnology approch to cystic fibrosis drug delivery
- The major advance here is that we were able to make biodegradable nanoparticles that can rapidly penetrate thick and sticky mucus secretions, and that these particles can transport a wide range of therapeutic molecules.
2012-12-26 - Nanotechnology
- Graphene rears its head in another potential flexible PV application
- ... the atom-thick layer of carbon that won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010, coated with nanowires. MIT published its research in Nano Letters, on Dec. 21. Its just the latest way that the researchers are looking to harness the power of the new ...
2012-12-28 Clean Energy Authority - Nanotechnology
- Researchers aim to split sunlight into separate colors to increase solar panel ...
- The new research does make sure that the nanomaterial-splitting solar cells achieve an efficiency of up to 50 percent even on a large scale, at least in theory. Though the tech is still in its infancy and could take years, if not decades, to reach a ...
2012-12-31 EcoChunk - Nanotechnology
- Waterproof Your Smartphone By Dipping It In Nanotechnology
- It's happened to the best of us: a misplaced elbow sends a cup of coffee all over the table, drowning your expensive new phone in a sea of caffeine. Or maybe you're like me, constantly forgetting my phone in my lap, only to send it crashing into a ...
2012-12-31 EarthTechling - Nanotechnology
- Nanofibers Used in Production of Glucose Electrochemical Sensors
- Iranian researchers succeeded in the production of glucose electrochemical sensors by using nanofibres with very high sensitivity.
2012-12-31 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- A nanotechnology end for Christmas tree needles
- (Nanowerk News) As Twelfth Night approaches and the Christmas decorations start to look increasingly congruous as the last crumbs of cake are swept away and the remnants of the turkey have finally been consumed, there is the perennial question as to ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- NEMS Market worth $108.88 Million by 2022
- The term “NEMS”, or “Nanoelectromechanical Systems”, is used to describe devices integrating mechanical and electrical functionality on the nanoscale.
marketpressrelease 2012-12-26 - Nanotech business
This important conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Submit an abstract on your microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research.
- MEMS TechZone and Conference Session at 2013 International CES
- 2013-01-08 - 2013-01-11
Las Vegas, Nevada
LVCC, South Hall 2, Booth 25321
- Innovations in RF MEMS: from the University to Industry
Webinar 11:30 a.m. EST
Presented by: Prof Mina Rais-Zadeh, WIMS2 UMICH.
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions