View Mailing Online
- Engineers fabricate ion channels for commercial use
- This could well enable many new types of microelectronic or biological interfaces,” Reed said. Ion channels are proteins on the outer surfaces of cells that create openings through which ions flow; typically, these ions move from areas of higher ...
yesterday Yale Daily News (blog) - MEMS technology
- IMOD Screens - Low Power Display Technology with MEMS
- ... each of which is a microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)-based device. Micro-electromechanical systems, or MEMS, are micro-scale machines which are manufactured using manufacturing techniques developed for the semiconductor industry.
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- PortaFab Introduces New Light Weight Cleanroom Wall System
- Designed specifically for microelectronic and nanotechnology applications that require extensive bulkheading around tools this system features vertical and horizontal members that are easily connected to each other. The unique design simplifies ...
today The Edwardsville Intelligencer - MEMS technology
- 64 pixel MEMS thermopile array enables temperature imaging
- "Unlike conventional single thermopile or pyroelectric sensors that only measure temperature at a certain point-of-contact, Grid-EYE enables contactless temperature detection over an area," said distributor Avnet Abacus, which is stocking it in Europe.
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- Organic sensors increase light sensitivity of cameras: Image sensors out of a ...
- Researchers from Technische Universitat MÃÂ¼nchen have developed a new generation of image sensors that are more sensitive to light than the conventional silicon versions, with the added bonus of being simple and cheap to produce. They consist of electrically conductive plastics, which are sprayed on to the sensor surface in an ultra-thin layer...
yesterday Nanotechnology News (press release) - MEMS technology
- Heliatek achieves 12% organic solar cell efficiency
- With this well-controlled, ultra-thin film process we can deposit a large number of layers on top of each other creating tandem, or even triple junction cells, to absorb a broader spectrum of light.” Heliatek's latest record efficiency for OPV improves ...
today Optics.org - MEMS business
- MEMS I/O Power Connectors Benefit Healthcare Devices
- Combining electrical and mechanical components to produce a system of unprecedented miniature dimensions, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) have emerged as an important technology of choice for the design of small, portable devices in a range ...
yesterday Electronic Design - MEMS business
- Researchers create self-healing, stretchable wires using liquid metal
- The researchers first created tiny tunnels, called microfluidic channels, in a commercially available self-healing polymer using solid wire. By filling those channels with a liquid-metal alloy of indium and gallium, they were able to create a liquid ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- New information on binding gold particles over metal oxide surfaces
- The strong binding of gold on electronically modified calcium oxide can now be understood in detail. In a computational study, researchers at the University of Jyvaskyla Nanoscience Center have shown how redox chemistry entirely determines the adsorption strength of gold on the modified oxide where one metal atom is replaced with molybdenum.
yesterday Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale Imaging Techniques: An Overview
- There are a wide range of nanoscale imaging tools that include microscopic methods such as scanning probe microscopy (SPM), electron microscopy (EM), high resolution optical microscopy as well as different types of spectroscopy; for instance, based on ...
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Graphene-based material 'could revolutionise electronics industry'
- Scientists at CSIRO and RMIT University have developed a highly conductive nanomaterial from sheets of graphene, which they claim could revolutionise the electronics industry. The 11nm thick material is made up of layers of crystal known as molybdenum ...
today New Electronics - Nanotechnology
- Monolayers to lubricate the next generation of nanomachinery
- New nano-coatings for oxides such as metal oxides, silicon oxide, and glass have applications in lubrication and wear protection for microelectromechanical and nanoelectromechanical devices. The Maurer Lab at Washington University in St. Louis has now ...
today Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Used to Keep Electronic Devices From Overheating
- In the February issue of Nature Nanotechnology, the scientists detailed their creation of these devices based on molecules which act as electrical values or diode rectifiers. These molecules then allow current flow to be switched ON and can block ...
today The Green Optimistic (blog) - Nanotechnology
MEMS Industry Group is pleased to announce the second annual European edition of MEMS Executive Congress.
Co-located with Smart Systems Integration 2013
- How the International Trade Administration Can Help MEMS Industry Group Members Increase Exports
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: International Trade Administration (ITA--part of the U.S. Commerce Department)
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Co-located with Smart Systems Integration 2013
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!