View Mailing Online
- In Search of MEMS Standards
- They are managed by a dedicated MEMS/NEMS committee co-chaired by Mark Crockett, Janet Cassard, and Win Baylies. Metrology-related standards have originated to a large extent by disagreements between equipment manufacturers and buyers about ...
today EE Journal - MEMS technology
- Darpa Wants Next-Gen Spy Hardware to Literally Dissolve
- Darpa isn't imagining planes or ships that melt into a metallic puddle when their replacements come off the production line. The research agency is thinking, in one sense, smaller: sensors and other “sophisticated electronic microsystems” that litter a ...
today Wired - MEMS technology
- Fish-like sensors act as eyes and ears of robot subs
- The low-energy MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) devices could make the often bulky, inaccurate and heavily energy-dependent cameras and sonars usually integrated onto AUVs redundant, instead packing all the navigational tools into an array of ...
today E&T magazine - MEMS technology
- MEMS sensors play role in LED lighting revolution
- New thermal sensors based on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) do not suffer this disadvantage. MEMS thermopiles, essentially nano-scale arrays of thermocouples, measure the actual temperature of the sources rather than a differential value, ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- Miniature Star Trek-Style 'Tractor Beam' Created in Lab
- Imagine that force operating in reverse and you have a sense for how this micro-scale “tractor beam” works: A laser beamed through a lens strikes a mirror, causing it to fire back and across the oncoming beam in a vaguely X-like configuration. The ...
today TIME - MEMS technology
- Verifying the Integrity of Coatings and Specialty Chemicals
- Experts at RJ Lee Group are capable of investigating graphene coatings on implantable instruments, interconnects and microelectronic components to measure thickness and integrity of coatings. Geopolymers is another class of materials that are utilized ...
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- iSuppli: Shipments of MEMS microphones reached 2.06 B units in 2012
- iSuppli has reported shipments of MEMS microphones reached an estimated 2.06 billion units in 2012, up by a factor of 4.8 from 432.9 million units in 2009. Apple has highly influenced this market causing MEMS microphone shipments to nearly quintuple in ...
yesterday EE Herald - MEMS business
- MEMS Industry Group announces MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013
- With medical-device manufacturers increasingly pursuing growing commercial opportunities, they are turning to MEMS for patient monitoring, management, rehabilitation, replacement, and drug delivery, including microfluidics. As people in the developed ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Picosun ALD Fills the Gap in MEMS Devices
- Lab4MEMS is Picosun's fifth simultaneous European funded R&D project and strengthens directly the company's core competencies in the field of semiconductors, IC (integrated circuits) and electronics. MEMS (Microelectromechanical Systems) devices are ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology sensors for the detection of trace explosives
- Nanotechnology-enabled sensors offer significant advantages over conventional sensors. This may be in terms of better sensitivity and selectivity, lower production costs, reduced power consumption as well as improved stability. The unique properties of ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
This event will focus on MEMS technologies for biomedical applications, or BioMEMS. The biomedical MEMS device market size is currently approximately $1.7 billion and is projected to grow rapidly. For more information, please go to: www.biomems2013.com
- How the International Trade Administration Can Help MEMS Industry Group Members Increase Exports
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: International Trade Administration (ITA--part of the U.S. Commerce Department)
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Co-located with Smart Systems Integration 2013
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!