View Mailing Online
- Wearable and washable technology steps closer to reality
- Micro Electronic Textiles (MET) feature sensors smaller than the size of a pinhead being integrated in the fibre. This produces a 'smart textile' that retains the fabric's basic characteristics of being tactile, flexible, machine washable and able to ...
today Digital Spy UK - MEMS technology
- DARPA working to bring dissolvable, 'transient electronics' to the military
- DARPA's been hard at work on dissolvable, biodegradable electronics for some time now, but when they were introduced last September, the primary focus was for medical applications. Judging by an event DARPA is holding next month, however, it looks like ...
yesterday The Verge - MEMS technology
- JVC Kenwood shows off prototype heads-up display
- The motor that projects the image is a micro electromechanical system that is capable of 512 lines of resolution – it features red, green, and blue lasers. A major difference between JVC Kenwood's HUD and others that are available in many luxury cars ...
yesterday Gizmag - MEMS technology
- Audio Quality Will Take Centre Stage In Smart Devices
- Another current disruptive trend for audio is the shift from electret condenser microphones (ECMs) to microelectromechanical-systems (MEMS) microphones. The range of new devices and form factors in the market is driving this transition and enabling new ...
today Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- Paper crane to carbon electrode
- Giordano's lab at the Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces in Germany, has been working on making structured carbon electrodes from paper using inkjet printing. Many material chemists have been looking at printing microelectronic components ...
today Chemistry World - MEMS technology
- How Cell Phone Tech Resulted In The Spookiest Surveillance Camera On Earth
- Everyone marveled when the iPhone 4S came equipped with a full high definition video camera. Little did they know that the race to miniaturize cell phone cameras led to quite possibly the spookiest surveillance camera on earth. Autonomous Real-Time ...
yesterday Business Insider - MEMS technology
- Darpa wants to create dissolvable spy hardware
- The research agency is thinking, in one sense, smaller: sensors and other "sophisticated electronic microsystems" that litter a warzone -- and create enticing opportunities for adversaries to collect, study and reverse-engineer. Since it's not ...
today Wired.co.uk - MEMS technology
- MEMS Industry Group Announces MEMS Executive Congress ...
- PITTSBURGH-- MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host its second annual MEMS Executive Congress® Europe, March 12, 2013 in Amsterdam. This European edition of MIG's highly successful executive event features an ...
yesterday - MEMS business
- Qualcomm and Imec to Continue Shaping Semiconductor Technology Roadmap.
- Early engagement on new microelectronic technologies with Imec enables Qualcomm to deepen the co-optimization of product architecture and technology while mitigating new technology risk in collaboration with our supply partners,” said Jim Thompson, ...
yesterday X-bit Labs - MEMS business
- MEMS vendors optimistic about combo sensor market
- Eyeing booming demand for combo motion sensors used in smartphones and tablets, MEMS vendors including Bosch, InvenSense, Kionix and STMicroelectronics all plan to promote their 6- and 9-axis IMUs (inertial measurement units) in 2013. Six- and ...
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Researchers Demonstrate Spectrometer Sensors Using New Nanoscale ...
- By bringing nanophotonics technology to traditional optical spectroscopy, a new kind of optical spectrometer with functions of sensing and spectral measurement has been recently demonstrated by a research team at The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
yesterday AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
- Next generation nanotechnology solar cells will be 20 times thinner
- Next generation nanotechnology solar cells will be 20 times thinner. (Nanowerk News) Nanoscientists are currently developing the next generation of solar cells, which will be twenty times thinner than current solar cells. Over 90 per cent of the ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Double Helix Serves Double Duty
- The amount of data, 739 kilobytes all told, is hardly prodigious by today's microelectronic storage standards: all 154 of Shakespeare's sonnets, a scientific paper, a color digital photo of the researchers' laboratory, a 26-second excerpt from the Rev ...
yesterday New York Times - Nanotechnology
- How Science Invented a Remarkable New Harder-Than-Diamond Nanomaterial
- How do you design industrial tools that can top the most heavy-duty diamond-tipped devices? Easy: you create a new material that's even harder than diamond. Yes, it's an oft-misstated “fact”: Diamond is the hardest material in the world. That title has ...
today Wired - Nanotechnology
This important conference explores how MEMS and MOEMS will enable the mass-produced miniaturized products and integrated systems of the future. Submit an abstract on your microfluidics, MEMs, MOEMs, micro-optics, adaptive optics research.
- How the International Trade Administration Can Help MEMS Industry Group Members Increase Exports
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
Presented by: International Trade Administration (ITA--part of the U.S. Commerce Department)
- SPIE Photonics West 2013
- 2013-02-02 - 2013-02-07
San Francisco CA
The Conference and Marketplace for the Photonics, Biophotonics, and Laser Industry
- SPIE Advanced Lithography 2013
- 2013-02-24 - 2013-02-28
San Jose, CA
The world's premier semiconductor lithography conference and exhibition
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Co-located with Smart Systems Integration 2013
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!