View Mailing Online
- Shrinking transistors
- The use of 3D transistors could significantly increase the power of microelectronic devices. The “building blocks” of microelectronics, transistors consist of a semiconductor component, called channel, linking two terminals. The flow of current between ...
today Frontline - MEMS technology
- Sony Backing Organ-on-Chip Technology
- Clearly, Sony sees a role for their growing stable of microfluidics and manufacturing technologies in the evolution of these new-age organs. However, they are only the latest in a series of major backers for the project with the FDA, the NIH and DARPA ...
yesterday Medgadget.com - MEMS technology
- Fraunhofer develops an energy-efficient process for making functional coatings
- Our experts will be in Hannover on the joint IVAM booth C50.13 in hall 17 of Hannover Messe from April 8-12, 2013 to present various coated exhibits that highlight the breadth of applications for thin film processing. Conductor paths on glass substrate.
today Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine - MEMS technology
- 'Lasing' operation in an ultrasonic vibration using a MEMS oscillator
- NTT laboratories have been engaged in developing new applications for MEMS and its miniaturized counterpart NEMS. In this work, they have applied the operating principle of an optical laser to a micromechanical oscillator and have succeeded in ...
yesterday Phys.Org - MEMS technology
- MEMS are a great fit for real-time clocks
- MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) technology has been implemented in accurate real-time clocks (RTCs), making them extremely rugged, highly accurate both over time and temperature, and significantly smaller than clocks built using standard ...
yesterday ElectronicsWeekly.com - MEMS technology
- Growing Automotive Production and Advancements in Sensor Technology ...
- ... First Sensor, Freescale Semiconductor Inc., General Electric, Goodrich Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Measurement Specialties Inc., Melexis Microelectronic Integrated Systems N.V, Process Measurement & Controls ...
yesterday PR Web (press release) - MEMS business
- DARPA Introduces ICECool Program
- DARPA introduced the Intrachip/Interchip Enhanced Cooling (ICECool) program in June 2012 to explore 'embedded' thermal management. The premise of ICECool is to bring microfluidic cooling inside the substrate, chip or package, including thermal ...
today PCBDesign007 - MEMS business
- Global Biochips and Microarrays 2013 Market Report
- Separate chapters are devoted to protein biochips/microarrays, microfluidics and nanobiotechnology-based nano-arrays. Various applications of biochips and microarrays are described throughout the report. Areas of application such as point-of-care ...
today PR Web (press release) - MEMS business
- STMicroelectronics Makes Leading-Edge MEMS Technology Available for ...
- GENEVA and GRENOBLE, FRANCE--(Marketwire - Mar 19, 2013) - STMicroelectronics ( NYSE : STM) and CMP (Circuits Multi Projets®) today announced that ST's THELMA MEMS manufacturing process, the process ST uses for its industry-leading ...
today Marketwire (press release) - MEMS business
- CALIENT Technologies and Plexxi Partner to Bring Software-Defined ...
- The CALIENT S320 optical circuit switch is based on CALIENT's proprietary 3D microelectromechanical (MEMS) technology. The switch supports up to 320 ports (320 input ports and 320 output ports) and has a capacity of more than 32 Tbps and supports ...
today Laser Focus world - MEMS business
- Teledyne Technologies becoming major player in unmanned underwater ...
- Teledyne specializes is digital imaging sensors and cameras, micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS), defense electronics, harsh-environment interconnects, data acquisition and communications equipment, and software development, and now is moving ...
today Military & Aerospace Electronics (blog) - MEMS business
- Novel electron beam lithography technique works with plant viruses
- Plant viruses have recently become the focus of intense research in the field of nanotechnology due to their promising applications as biotemplates for bottom-up nanofabrication. In order to build nanoscale devices based on ...
today - Nanotechnology
- Honeycomb nets from bismuth cubes
- This characteristic gives topologically insulating materials great potential for use in future microelectronic transistors and sensors that are highly energy efficient. “Graphene was the first material predicted to be a topological insulator, but such ...
today R & D Magazine - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology Uses "Invisibility Cloak" to Target Rheumatoid Arthritis ...
- The cloaked medication sneaks past the body's immune system through nanotechnology to quickly reach the injury site, releasing inflammation-reducing chemicals. “It's like an invisibility cloak,” said Omid Farokhzad, MD, nanotechnologist at Harvard ...
yesterday Everyday Health - Nanotechnology
- Uniting European and Russian expertise in shared nanotechnology research
- (Nanowerk News) With matching funding provided from the EU and the Russian Federation, the three projects focused on a work programme entitled "Nanostructured Sensors". As well as creating mutual benefit through increased co-operation in teaching ...
today Nanowerk LLC - Nanotech business
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting-edge issues associated with materials, processing, and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS technical divisions, technology groups, and focus topics on emerging technologies. The equipment exhibition is one of the largest in the world and provides an excellent opportunity to view the latest products and services offered by over 200 participating companies. More than 2,000 scientists and engineers gather from around the world to attend.
- Semi-Therm 29
- 2013-03-17 - 2013-03-21
San Jose, CA
Thermal Innovations that Make the World's Technology Cool
- Inertial Micropump Technology for Microfluidic Applications
Online 11:30 AM ET, 8:30 AM PT
- 8th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2013-04-07 - 2013-04-10
- 7th International Conference on Microtechnologies in Medicine and Biology
- 2013-04-10 - 2013-04-12
Marina del Rey, CA
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Workshop on Nanomechanical Sensing
- 2013-05-01 - 2013-05-03
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- MEMS Business Forum 2013
San Jose, CA
- ECTC 2013 (Electronic Components and Technology Conference)
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
Las Vegas, NV
- EIPBN (3-Beams) Conference
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- International Microwave Symposium (IMS)
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-07
Join top engineers and scientists in the RF & Microwave Field at IMS!
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- Transducers 2013 & Eurosensors XXVII
- 2013-06-16 - 2013-06-20
The 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!