View Mailing Online
- New instrument will quickly detect botulinum, ricin, other biothreat agents
- IMAGE: Sandia's SpinDx device features centrifugal microfluidics, or "lab-on-a-disk " technology, which uses centrifugal forces to manipulate samples and reagents through microfluidic channels implanted on disks that are of the same size.
today EurekAlert (press release) - MEMS technology
- New Plastic Film is the Future of 3D on-the-go
- IMRE conducts a wide range of research, which includes novel materials for organic solar cells, photovoltaics, printed electronics, catalysis, bio-mimetics, microfluidics, quantum dots, heterostructures, sustainable materials, atom technology, etc.
yesterday Sacramento Bee - MEMS technology
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Demonstrates 3D TSV Capabilities on 20nm Technology
- Manufactured using GLOBALFOUNDRIES' leading-edge 20nm-LPM process technology, the TSV capabilities will allow customers to stack multiple chips on top of each other, providing another avenue for delivering the demanding performance, power, and ...
today HEXUS - MEMS technology
- NovAtel Launches New Series of SPAN IMUs
- NovAtel Inc. has announced its new SPAN-IGM series of micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) inertial sensor products, including the IMU-IGM-A1 MEMS enclosure and the SPAN-IGM-A1 GNSS/INS enclosure. The IMU-IGM-A1 is a small, rugged ...
today Inside GNSS - MEMS technology
- Beyond mere megapixels: The smartphone camera of the future
- Microelectromechanical (MEMS) technology offers the promise of improving AF speed, while reducing the size and power consumption of camera modules. MEMS devices use an electrostatic charge to pull two comb-shaped surfaces together, much like a ...
today ITProPortal - MEMS technology
- DARPA targets three-dimensional chip-cooling tech
- Researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology have clinched a Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) contract to develop three-dimensional chip-cooling technology capable of handling heat loads as much as ten times greater than ...
today TG Daily - MEMS business
- China makers gain share in MEMS sensor purchasing in 2012, says IHS
- China-based handset and tablet manufacturers in 2012 more than doubled their share of purchases of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) motion sensors, reflecting the rising prominence of the companies in the global market, IHS iSuppli said.
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Electronics Giants Set Sights on Biotech
- The “organs” are actually clear, flexible polymer-encased devices about the size of a computer memory stick, containing hollow microfluidic channels lined by living human cells of a given organ. A month earlier, Samsung Bioepis—a Samsung-Biogen Idec ...
today Genetic Engineering News - MEMS business
- Nanotechnology for electronics & photonics
- In the area of photonics that deals with the interaction of light and matter, it is acknowledged that many new developments based on nanotechnology and clever designs of artificial structures with high accuracy in fabrication have enabled applications ...
today Laser Focus world - Nanotechnology
- A solid state ultrafast logic gate on a photon
- Researchers at the Joint Quantum Institute and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering are working to harness the quantum nature of light and semiconductors to expand the capabilities of computers in remarkable ways.
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- Storing a quantum movie in an atomic gas
- The sequence of images that constitute Hollywood movies can be stored handily on solid-state media such as magnetic tape or compact diskettes. At the Joint Quantum Institute images can be stored in something as insubstantial as a gas of rubidium atoms.
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- MIT researchers observe nanowires lifting liquids as effectively as tubes
- This smaller scale might pave the way for new kinds of microelectromechanical systems to carry out research on materials at a molecular level. The methodology the researchers developed allows them to study the interactions between solids and liquid ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - Nanotechnology
This event will focus on MEMS technologies for biomedical applications, or BioMEMS. The biomedical MEMS device market size is currently approximately $1.7 billion and is projected to grow rapidly. For more information, please go to: www.biomems2013.com
- 8th Annual IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems
- 2013-04-07 - 2013-04-10
- 7th International Conference on Microtechnologies in Medicine and Biology
- 2013-04-10 - 2013-04-12
Marina del Rey, CA
- BioMedical MEMS and Sensors 2013
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-18
MEMS technologies for biomedical applications
- MicroManufacturing Conference & Exhibits
- 2013-04-16 - 2013-04-17
Hilton Minneapolis, MN
- Workshop on Nanomechanical Sensing
- 2013-05-01 - 2013-05-03
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- MEMS Business Forum 2013
San Jose, CA
- ECTC 2013 (Electronic Components and Technology Conference)
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
Las Vegas, NV
- EIPBN (3-Beams) Conference
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- International Microwave Symposium (IMS)
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-07
Join top engineers and scientists in the RF & Microwave Field at IMS!
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- Transducers 2013 & Eurosensors XXVII
- 2013-06-16 - 2013-06-20
The 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!