View Mailing Online
- Cities Of The Future, Built By Drones, Bacteria, And 3-D Printers
- The Robobees project at Harvard is exploring micro-scale robotics, wireless sensor arrays, and multi-agent systems to build robotic insects that exhibit the swarming behaviors of bees. They see a future where “coordinated agile robotic insects” are ...
today Co.Exist - MEMS technology
- XRM Characterization for Determining the Reliability of Wire Bond Packaging ...
- ... stress measurements. Moreover, in addition to 3D interconnect morphology, the microscope can simultaneously provide additional failure analysis information such as broken wires that cause opens and wires touching wires that cause shorts.
today Azom.com - MEMS technology
- Tiny chip provides precise GPS navigation without the GPS
- Six microfabricated layers make up the TIMU, each one 50 microns thick (the thickness of a human hair) and each performing a different function, DARPA said. Altogether, the whole package takes up 10 cubic millimeters. ?Both the structural layer of the ...
2013-04-20 ElectroIQ - MEMS technology
- Science IBM Tries Its Hand at Concentrated Solar With 5000x Collector
- Versus the passive air cooling of some previous concentrating solar systems, the microfluidic system is just tens of micrometers away from the chips, allowing them to stay virtually unheated at 2,000 times sunlight, according to the project team. The ...
today DailyTech - MEMS technology
- High-tech specs: Electronic eyeglasses offer wearers more control
- The eyeglasses have "a microchip, composite lenses with a thin transparent LCD-like layer, miniature rechargeable batteries and a micro-machine accelerometer to detect tilt," according to a press release. "The microchip, micro-accelerometer and ...
2013-04-19 Altoona Mirror - MEMS technology
- Automotive, wireless applications to drive pressure sensors to become top ...
- Microelectromechanical system (MEMS) pressure sensors will achieve accelerated growth this year and become the leading type of MEMS device, driven by increasing use in automotive and the fast-growing handset space, according to insights from the IHS ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- I-Micronews - MEMS : Micrel expands MEMS foundry capabilities...
- The decision seems to be appropriate and timely, because of the limited number of MEMS production sites in the US. Founded in 1978, Micrel has a long track record of sustained profitability -- the company says that it has ...
2013-04-20 - MEMS business
- DRS and Lockheed Martin join DARPA LRT program to develop new laser radar ...
- ARLINGTON, Va., 22 April 2013. Electro-optical sensor experts at Lockheed Martin Corp. and DRS Technologies Inc. are joining a U.S. military research program to develop laser detector array and laser transmitter technologies for multiple-modality, ...
yesterday Military & Aerospace Electronics - MEMS business
- Nanowires grown on graphene have surprising structure
- Li also is affiliated with the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, the Micro and Nanotechnology Lab, and the Frederick Seitz Materials Research Lab, all at the U. of I. ####. For more information, please click here. Contacts: Liz ...
today Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Physicists Find Right (and Left) Solution for On-Chip Optics
- Apr. 22, 2013 — A Harvard-led team of researchers has created a new type of nanoscale device that converts an optical signal into waves that travel along a metal surface. Significantly, the device can recognize specific kinds of polarized light and ...
today Science Daily (press release) - Nanotechnology
- For the first time, nanotechnology researchers watch the self-assembly of ...
- (Nanowerk News) In a new study performed at the Center for Nanoscale Materials at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Argonne National Laboratory, researchers have for the first time seen the self-assembly of nanoparticle chains in situ, that is, in ...
2013-04-20 Nanowerk LLC - Nanotechnology
- Special deal on photon-to-electron conversion: Two for one! New technique ...
- Throughout decades of research on solar cells, one formula has been considered an absolute limit to the efficiency of such devices in converting sunlight into electricity: Called the Shockley-Queisser efficiency limit, it posits that the ultimate conversion efficiency can never exceed 34 percent for a single optimized semiconductor junction.
2013-04-19 Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanoscale MRI lets doctors see patients' individual molecules
- The nanoscale MRI has a resolution up to 10,000 times better than a standard MRI. To create the new MRI, scientists used defects in diamonds. When light is directed at them, they pick up the magnetic properties of nearby atoms in a cell. "We have to ...
today ABC7Chicago.com - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology the Focus of UCLA Annual Tech Forum - AZoNano
- Talks will cover such areas as the use of nanotechnology in the fields of health care, renewable energy and mobile devices; the development of sustainable fuels, better drinking water supplies and treatments for toxic groundwater; and new materials for ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotech business
So what are the emerging "killer apps" enabled by MEMS devices? And what are the next set of MEMS technologies that will enable new applications? These are the key questions that will drive the discussion at this seminal event - MEMS Business Forum 2012. This event will feature leading MEMS business and technology visionaries to stimulate the discussion. The future is bright for MEMS - attend this event to identify future MEMS technology and application trends, exchange ideas, form new companies and network with your industry peers!
- Workshop on Nanomechanical Sensing
- 2013-05-01 - 2013-05-03
- MIG M2M Forum
- 2013-05-08 - 2013-05-09
The annual members' meeting of MEMS Industry Group.
- Nanotech Conference & Expo
- 2013-05-12 - 2013-05-15
- Mid-Atlantic Micro/Nano Alliance Spring Symposium
NIST, Gaithersburg MD
"Microsystems Technology: Fulfilling the Promise"
- 11th Annual MEPTEC MEMS Technology Symposium
San Jose, CA
MEMS-enabled e-health revolution !
- Workshop on Nano and Micro Manufacturing
- 2013-05-22 - 2013-05-23
Nano and micro workshop concentrating on end users and manufacturers
- MEMS Business Forum 2013
San Jose, CA
- ECTC 2013 (Electronic Components and Technology Conference)
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
Las Vegas, NV
- EIPBN (3-Beams) Conference
- 2013-05-28 - 2013-05-31
- Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2013
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-06
Celebrating 50 Years !
- International Microwave Symposium (IMS)
- 2013-06-02 - 2013-06-07
Join top engineers and scientists in the RF & Microwave Field at IMS!
- Sensors Expo and Conference
- 2013-06-05 - 2013-06-06
Sensing Technologies Driving Tomorrow's Solutions
- Transducers 2013 & Eurosensors XXVII
- 2013-06-16 - 2013-06-20
The 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems
- AVS 60th International Symposium & Exhibition
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-11-01
Long Beach, CA
- MicroTAS 2013
- 2013-10-27 - 2013-10-31
The 17th International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences
- MIG MEMS Executive Congress U.S.
- 2013-11-07 - 2013-11-08
Meet your next customer at MEMS Executive Congress!
- SPIE Photonics West 2014
- 2014-02-01 - 2014-02-06
San Francisco, CA