View Mailing Online
- Improving car safety with low-light, high-speed cameras
- This work is supported by the MiSPiA (microelectronic single-photon 3D imaging arrays) project under the ICT theme of the European Commission's 7th Framework Programme (FP7, 2007–2013), grant 257646.8The consortium consists of seven partners from ...
yesterday SPIE Newsroom - MEMS technology
- Experiment reveals secrets of glass
- Metallic glasses have a higher strength-to-weight ratio than aluminium and titanium alloys and are extremely promising structural materials with unique applications as biomaterials and microelectromechanical systems. Led by Dr Amelia Liu from Monash ...
yesterday ScienceAlert - MEMS technology
- Device Bridges Optomechanics, Microfluidics
- URBANA, Ill., June 10, 2013 — Whispering galleries — circular spaces beneath a dome that capture and amplify sound as quiet as a whisper — have inspired numerous scientific discoveries over the past several years. Now the phenomenon, discovered ...
yesterday Photonics.com - MEMS technology
- Testing Artificial Photosynthesis Systems Using Microfluidics
- Researchers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory have developed a testing platform for solar-driven electrochemical systems using microfluidics, which allows small-scale screening of anode and cathode materials for applications like hydrogen ...
today AZoNano.com - MEMS technology
- Data Fusion Enables Next-Generation Smart Mobile Applications
- The technology raises awareness of the power of using sensors in combination and is a market driver for devices using combinations of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) in mobile devices. Today, sensor fusion solutions are pretty widespread, offered ...
yesterday Electronic Design - MEMS technology
- Guest Blog – MEMS new product development, The first prototype ...
- In the second article of the MEMS new product development blog, the importance of the first prototype will be discussed. Theoretical work is valuable and a necessary step in this process but nothing shows proof of principle ...
MEMS Industry Group today - MEMS business
- Bosch and STM hold joint honors as No. 1 MEMS suppliers for 2012
- For the first time ever, no clear winner has emerged to claim top honors in the MEMS business for 2012, with Bosch of Germany and French-Italian STMicroelectronics ending up evenly splitting the title of No. 1 supplier for the year, according to a MEMS ...
today ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Necessary attributes of a MEMS engineer for new product development
- David DiPaola is managing director for DiPaola Consulting a company focused on engineering and management solutions for electromechanical systems, sensors and MEMS products. A 17 year veteran of the field, he has brought many products from ...
yesterday ElectroIQ - MEMS business
- Little MEMS Sensors Make Big Data Sing
- Back in the day, sensors were analog, which made them finicky to calibrate and difficult to integrate digitally. Next Next up, over 20 years ago, the first MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) sensors appeared. In simplest terms, these are tiny ...
yesterday Forbes - MEMS business
- Graphene and semiconductor technology together: Smaller, cheaper, better
- Graphene is definitely the hottest topic right now among nanomaterial researchers. The pure-carbon material is by far the thinnest and strongest known to exist. It is 200 times stronger than steel, conducts electricity 100 times faster than silicon and ...
today Phys.Org - Nanotechnology
- Scientists Develop a High-Tech Soft Contact Lens
- After the nanomaterial was applied to a standard soft contact lens, the research team fit the lens with a small LED light, which was sufficiently powered. The lens and its new material was then tested on a group of rabbits, resulting in zero signs of ...
today Contact Lens Headlines - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology advances the goal of atom-thick electronic circuits
- Scientists at Rice University and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have advanced on the goal of two-dimensional electronics with a method to control the growth of uniform atomic layers of molybdenum disulfide (MDS).
yesterday - Nanotechnology
- New Graphene-based Nano Material Shows Promise in Cutting Fuel Cell Costs
- Besides replacing platinum, the nanoplatelets also show higher tolerance to methanol crossover/CO poisoning effects and longer-term stability. Fuel cell technology has come a long way since the early days in the Apollo space program, but it is still a ...
today EV World - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology explores the secret life of knots - Nanowerk
- (Nanowerk News) Nanotechnologies require a detailed knowledge of the molecular state. For instance, it is useful to know when and how a generic polymer, a long chain of polymers (chain of beads), knots. The study of ...
yesterday - Nanotechnology
The AVS International Symposium and Exhibition addresses cutting-edge issues associated with materials, processing, and interfaces in both the research and manufacturing communities. The weeklong Symposium fosters a multidisciplinary environment that cuts across traditional boundaries between disciplines, featuring papers from AVS technical divisions, technology groups, and focus topics on emerging technologies. The equipment exhibition is one of the largest in the world and provides an excellent opportunity to view the latest products and services offered by over 200 participating companies. More than 2,000 scientists and engineers gather from around the world to attend.