View Mailing Online
- Atomic Clocks to Become Even More Accurate
- ... optical fibers for precise optical atomic clocks.If the optical method works, the bell might toll for microwave-based atomic clocks. Funded in part by DARPA, the study was detailedin the journal Nature Photonics. Follow us @livescience, Facebook ...
today LiveScience.com - MEMS technology
- Whispering Light Hears Liquids Talk
- By confining various liquids inside a hollow microfluidic optomechanical (μFOM) resonator, researchers built the first-ever bridge between optomechanics and microfluidics. "We found that the optomechanical interaction in the μFOM device is dependent on ...
yesterday Photonics Online - MEMS technology
- Spleen-on-a-Chip for Sepsis Mike Orcutt
- Taking advantage of recent advances in nanotechnology and microfluidics, researchers have made significant progress toward a device that could be used to rapidly remove pathogens from the blood of patients with sepsis, a potentially life-threatening ...
yesterday MIT Technology Review - MEMS technology
- Air Liquide to acquire Voltaix
- Precursors are molecules with specific physical and chemical properties that are used for depositing critical layers during fabrication of microelectronic devices. Air Liquide utilizes a comprehensive process for designing, screening and ...
yesterday Gasworld.com - MEMS business
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable ...
- Moreover, Cavendish leverages MEMS technology to manufacture the high-performance, tunable RF components. During the Globalpress Electronics Summit 2013 in Santa Cruz earlier this spring , Digitimes had the opportunity to chat with Dennis Yost, ...
today Digitimes - MEMS business
- Japan's Sharp looks to cleaning robots and strawberries to supplement TV biz
- Sharp also showed a small screen based on MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) technology, which it is developing together with Qualcomm. The screen replaces the liquid crystals used in current displays with microscopic devices that act as gates to ...
today PCWorld - MEMS business
- SEMATECH and Lasertec Partner at UAlbany NanoCollege to Develop TSV ...
- The collaboration between Lasertec and researchers from SEMATECH's 3D interconnect program will include investigations and comparisons of 3D TSV depth metrology schemes. This work is necessary not only for TSV RIE process control, but also for ...
yesterday EON: Enhanced Online News (press release) - MEMS business
- New 'electronic nose' nanotechnology sensor being developed for food safety ...
- (Nanowerk News) The "electronic nose" sensor developed by a University of California, Riverside engineering professor, and being commercialized by Innovation Economy Crowd (ieCrowd), will be further refined to detect deadly pathogens including toxic ...
yesterday Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology-based sensor identifies scent of melanoma
- ... the deadliest form of skin cancer. In addition to detecting a unique odor signature associated with melanoma cells, the researchers also demonstrated that a nanotechnology-based sensor could reliably differentiate melanoma cells from normal skin cells.
yesterday Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Spot-welding graphene nanoribbons atom by atom
- Scientists at Aalto University and Utrecht University have created single atom contacts between gold and graphene nanoribbons.
today Nanotechnology News (press release) - Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology helping to recover more oil
- (Nanowerk News) When petroleum companies abandon an oil well, more than half the reservoir's oil is usually left behind as too difficult to recover. Now, however, much of the residual oil can be recovered with the help of nanoparticles and a simple law ...
today Nanowerk - Nanotechnology
- Novel Plasmonic Transducer Holds Promise for Ultra-Sensitive Nanoscale ...
- Researchers at FOM Institute AMOLF in Amsterdam and EPFL in Lausanne have developed a new way to measure tiny displacements with light. By confining plasmons in a resonant cavity that is only 20 nanometers wide, they could precisely measure ...
today AZoNano.com - Nanotechnology
MEMS Executive Congress is the preeminent annual conference and networking event for the MEMS industry. It is a unique professional forum at which executives from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS technology sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information about the use of MEMS in commercial applications. By creating an intimate forum for decision-makers, the goal of the Congress is to define, collaborate on, and grow the global MEMS market by connecting the MEMS supply chain with end-users and potential end-users of MEMS.